RPGM [Translation Request] [RJ01108683]ミューテーション! Mutation!

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
sounds nice, but it took miles longer than mtool so, anything better than mtool to compensate for the downtime? thanks
It's not about the translation; the main task of the program is to process and prepare the text before translation, which is why the translation quality is higher, but the speed is lower.

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
It's not about the translation; the main task of the program is to process and prepare the text before translation, which is why the translation quality is higher, but the speed is lower.
Don't forget making sure all the text fits in the dia
box. It'd be a shame if any of the on screen text d
fit on the screen, causing all kinds of confusion in p
playing the game. Especially for puzzles and things
integral to the plot. I hope whatever translation to
you use takes these factors into account.

Reactions: Senfbrothel

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Don't forget making sure all the text fits in the dia
box. It'd be a shame if any of the on screen text d
fit on the screen, causing all kinds of confusion in p
playing the game. Especially for puzzles and things
integral to the plot. I hope whatever translation to
you use takes these factors into account.
If you ran it, you would see that everything you’ve asked about is well thought out in the program, including the text length. Moreover, you can install it yourself. I made this program for myself and decided to share it with the community, where there might be others who will find it just as useful as I do. This is not a commercial project, and I am not insisting that everyone use it. Before asking questions, I suggest reading the program description, where you will find most of the answers.

I would appreciate any information on errors and shortcomings of the program for its improvement. Perhaps through joint efforts, we can create a compromise between manual translation and MTool.

sicklez

Aug 12, 2020
I would appreciate any information on errors and shortcomings of the program for its improvement. Perhaps through joint efforts, we can create a compromise between manual translation and MTool.
Thanks a lot for suggesting your program. It did exactly as advertised, text is always the right length... and I'm excited to have this thing in my arsenal for any future games I'll play!
I'm playing through this (Google translate) and, in the spirit of your request of feedback and without any intent to disparage the result (which I'm very satisfied with!), here's where I've seen it go wrong.
  • At a few points, I lost all the text and instead got a couple screens of one-letter lines. I don't remember where, but by the context I think the text was some yelling. So it might be getting confused by some tags in rpgmaker.
  • System seems to think the text with the name of the character on top of the dialogue is part of the first sentence, and not a standalone part. I don't know how feasible it would be to tell the program "if this text appears alone in the first line more than X times and/or it's in the character list, take it by itself".
  • Battle options and skill/item names were not translated. If, like I think, it's a compromise to prevent the game from crashing, I'm perfectly fine with it!

Reactions: Steygan

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks a lot for suggesting your program. It did exactly as advertised, text is always the right length... and I'm excited to have this thing in my arsenal for any future games I'll play!
I'm playing through this (Google translate) and, in the spirit of your request of feedback and without any intent to disparage the result (which I'm very satisfied with!), here's where I've seen it go wrong.
  • At a few points, I lost all the text and instead got a couple screens of one-letter lines. I don't remember where, but by the context I think the text was some yelling. So it might be getting confused by some tags in rpgmaker.
  • System seems to think the text with the name of the character on top of the dialogue is part of the first sentence, and not a standalone part. I don't know how feasible it would be to tell the program "if this text appears alone in the first line more than X times and/or it's in the character list, take it by itself".
  • Battle options and skill/item names were not translated. If, like I think, it's a compromise to prevent the game from crashing, I'm perfectly fine with it!
Thank you for your feedback!

Yes, there indeed are issues with some games where character names are embedded into the dialogue. I will work on this soon.

As for the skills and combat, the program skips translating some files because they require a different approach. I think I'll get to them eventually.

Reactions: sicklez