[Translation Request] Robf eoy

goofusdoofus

Dec 14, 2018
OOF
There is a ton of bad history around this one and translation attempts.
There is a mostly translated version of this game floating around, but the games author is adamantly opposed to this being translated, twice to my knowledge he's reached out to translators working on his games, and asled them to stop translating it because he's got an official translation about to release; This is bullshit (It's unlikely anyone would want touch something like the ROBF titles outside of japan due to intellectual property differences), but it usually gets translators to shift focus to another title. He's also put 'Gaijin Tests' in his games to catch non-native speakers and keep them from progressing.
He's also said some INCREDIBLY xenophobic and racist shit in the past.... but that was such a long time ago, that few people are going to remember, probably just me, some of the other 2chbf gaijins and some of the studio_m guys... many of whom also had a serious hate boner for everyone and honestly weren't much better.

Last guy to work on it was ramza022, he's still got active accounts, but has been radio silent to my knowledge, I think the last version released was in april or march of 2019.
You can check the usual torrent trackers, versions of this that are more or less translated show up from time to time.

Edit: He clearly managed to get past his issues with foreigners to some extent since シェーラと三種の神器 got a release via the asshats at kagura games.

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
+1
I currently have all the ROBF games from nyaa, but they are all partially translated, it would be amazing to have them all fully translated, but i guess that's just an impossible dream at this point.

I tried using Translator++ to translate them myself but im too much of an idiot to even get past the
"The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined " error, and nothing i do can get past this

KrakenKiller

Aug 12, 2019
+1

I've not translated anything before, but I work as a dev. If this is any help, the "path" as an argument needs to be in text format. As for the alternative of needing an instance, you need an object of type buffer or URL. So feed it text or an object of those types.

I have no idea how this translates to the process of translations but that's what the error is asking for.

Sintaled

Jan 3, 2019
+1

Now that his Upcoming game is scheduled to be released in English on Steam, this game being translated would be fantastic. (And maybe the dev won't stop anyone who translates it.)

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
guys any new about the translation of the game ? i saw that a new game is out

raith

Jul 30, 2017
hey guys, I dunno if this is still being bumped but I have an edited map022 that will let you bypass the first Foreigner trap. I'll go ahead and attach it here. though you will need to use a program in order to turn the txt file back into rpgvxace data. I recommend Ytinasi's program

that program I mentioned will be the second to last download in the list btw