RPGM Complete [Translation Request] [Special Operations Unit - SIGNAL FORCES [June Update] [ankoku marimokan]

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Eicosa

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After specific request, here's an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v1.01.

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Known issues:
Because of the way the game handles character names, sentence spacing is a bit wonky.
I hope it's not too jarring. Fixing that would be very tedious.

Installation:
Please make sure you are using the original Japanese v1.01.
You need to encrypt/unpack the game before you can apply the translation.
You can do this by using the "EnigmaVBUnpacker" I will add a version as an attachment.
Just start the "EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe" choose the location of the game executable and click on "unpack".
Rename the new "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" to just "DEFAULTFOLDER".
Please verify that unpacking worked correctly by launching the unpacked game once using the "Game.exe" inside the "DEFAULTFOLDER".
Finally extract the SLRMTL into it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: KevinMeck and Nerro

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
the game seems to be in an endless loop of missing image loading errors
When? Please provide a bit more information and if possible a save just before it occurs.

Edit: Oh the picture wasn't loaded in, yet. So the Sunshine asset doesn't work... weird.
I'll just make a new one.

Edit2: Turns out I didn't actually include that one I just referenced it in the plugins.
That would explain the error loop. :KEK:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerro

mr_craigsliat

Sep 7, 2021
There seems to be another issue where a sprite that's not supposed to appear is showing up on the screen permanently I looked up the original japanese version of the game and it seems like this guy isn't supposed to show up like this in the game heres an image and save file for reference(just communicate with either blue or yellow and the problem will arise) Screenshot 2023-02-16 132957.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
There seems to be another issue where a sprite that's not supposed to appear is showing up on the screen permanently I looked up the original japanese version of the game and it seems like this guy isn't supposed to show up like this in the game heres an image and save file for reference(just communicate with either blue or yellow and the problem will arise) View attachment 2395666
Oh man... Why couldn't the dev just use normal RPGM methods for showing stuff on screen...
I'll look into it.

Edit: That save doesn't really help because it seems to be after the problem occurs, when it's already stuck on screen.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
There seems to be another issue where a sprite that's not supposed to appear is showing up on the screen permanently I looked up the original japanese version of the game and it seems like this guy isn't supposed to show up like this in the game heres an image and save file for reference(just communicate with either blue or yellow and the problem will arise) View attachment 2395666
I would need to know at what point the sprite stayed on screen even though it shouldn't have, because if I load that save he's already there.
I did some general cleanup of all lines in which that sprite is referenced, but I have no idea if that actually prevents it from happening now since I couldn't test it.
I hope you still have an older save to continue, because it seems like that one is permanently broken.

Please try again with SLRMTL1.12 and save a lot (In different slots).
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...-update-ankoku-marimokan.148575/post-10085794

mr_craigsliat

Sep 7, 2021
The problem I believe is that the sunshine sprite isn't supposed to be on screen unless its an rpg battle because if you look at it seems to be in really bad quality which kind of tells me that its not supposed be seen this close on the screen at all. nevertheless heres a better save that has him before he appears on screen and ab image that shows the problem, when you get to the save press x and communicate with either blue or yellow as thats where the sprite pops up. also i'm sorry that im bothering you about this i really appreciate the effort you put into this Screenshot 2023-02-16 144042.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The problem I believe is that the sunshine sprite isn't supposed to be on screen unless its an rpg battle because if you look at it seems to be in really bad quality which kind of tells me that its not supposed be seen this close on the screen at all. nevertheless heres a better save that has him before he appears on screen and ab image that shows the problem, when you get to the save press x and communicate with either blue or yellow as thats where the sprite pops up. also i'm sorry that im bothering you about this i really appreciate the effort you put into this View attachment 2395789
It's pretty weird.
The character sprites are being called in the plugins by the Kurage_SimpleTachi plugin. (Because why use the build in system if you can use an obscure plugin instead.)
In that Sunshine is listed as Character08.
The plugin automatically shows a sprite whenever a character with a listed name speaks.
The only file with that name is the sprite you see there, that's why I used it. Same with Gangdead Executive at slot 07.

I currently have no idea why it doesn't show up in the original even though it is connected the same way just in Japanese.

Edit: Wait. I think I found something. I think they're not actually identical. They both mean Sunshine, but there's an extra character in some of them.
This is going to take a bit since I have to do this manually now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face