RPGM [Translation Request] [STARWORKS] WIFE QUEST

Jan 28, 2018
If any of you is interested, I can use the automatic translation program, which however will translate "machine" only. So not a.. looking-good-translation like all of you want. At all. It's the only thing I can do, at least until someone decide to pick it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like the idea

May 8, 2018
If any of you is interested, I can use the automatic translation program, which however will translate "machine" only. So not a.. looking-good-translation like all of you want. At all. It's the only thing I can do, at least until someone decide to pick it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If it's not too much trouble and if it's possible, could you try to avoid auto-translating any story/dialog? I don't know when but I plan on translating this myself later on this year if no one's started working on a legit translation.

Reactions: crisbr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
If it's not too much trouble and if it's possible, could you try to avoid auto-translating any story/dialog? I don't know when but I plan on translating this myself later on this year if no one's started working on a legit translation.
Oh, sure! So a partial, you mean.
Well.. considering the fact that 'till today nobody bothered in translating the other games from these devs here, I take it that no one will ever make an official translation xD

May 8, 2018
Oh, sure! So a partial, you mean.
Well.. considering the fact that 'till today nobody bothered in translating the other games from these devs here, I take it that no one will ever make an official translation xD
One of the reasons why I started learning Japanese :p

But yea, there are very few J-devs that are willing to cater to the foreign market. Only ones I'm aware of that have English translations for multiple titles are shinachiku-castella, acerola, and ONEONE1. Beyond that, fan translations take way too long for obvious reasons.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
all of Starworks games should be translated! so a + for me as well :)

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Anything that gets this one closer to being translated gets a thumbs up from me. Isn't a partial better than original japanese in terms of translation? I mean, if someone were to translate this later? Here's hoping for a full english translation!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
One of the reasons why I started learning Japanese :p

But yea, there are very few J-devs that are willing to cater to the foreign market. Only ones I'm aware of that have English translations for multiple titles are shinachiku-castella, acerola, and ONEONE1. Beyond that, fan translations take way too long for obvious reasons.
Then I'm gonna auto-translate only the items and such! I'll leave all the rest to you, for the future c:

For the others, like you surely know by now: don't expect miracles for this. Since I'm not a native english speaker, I don't exactly know what could be the right adjective and so on. So.. yeah.. if you see something "off" you know the reason - most likely pure google translate xD

May 8, 2018
Then I'm gonna auto-translate only the items and such! I'll leave all the rest to you, for the future c:

For the others, like you surely know by now: don't expect miracles for this. Since I'm not a native english speaker, I don't exactly know what could be the right adjective and so on. So.. yeah.. if you see something "off" you know the reason - most likely pure google translate xD
If you decide to proofread your auto-translation then I can definitely help with that.

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Don't know what kind of software you are planning to use for translations, but I noticed a program called "Translator++" that supposedly makes things a whole lot easier. It tracks your progress as well.

Here's the software:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Don't know what kind of software you are planning to use for translations, but I noticed a program called "Translator++" that supposedly makes things a whole lot easier. It tracks your progress as well.

Here's the software:
Yep, I'm using exactly that xD
Since there are no limits about how many words I can translate (since with the other method, I had to wait one day for the reset. Every time).

If you decide to proofread your auto-translation then I can definitely help with that.
Thank you! Tomorrow, after having some time for myself, I'll do the thingy and try to correct what I find. If I don't manage something, I'll send you via PM what I did so far c:

Reactions: Agnaricson

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Okay, I decided to play around a bit with the Translator++-thingy, and did a pure machine translation of the entire game. Note that this is in horse-manure-english, but it's something I hope will bring a proper translation up shortly.

Download the file as a zip, and then run the game in Japanese Locale or whatever.

Here is the link for Wife Quest 1.0 with machine-translated engrish. Enjoy!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Okay, I decided to play around a bit with the Translator++-thingy, and did a pure machine translation of the entire game. Note that this is in horse-manure-english, but it's something I hope will bring a proper translation up shortly.

Download the file as a zip, and then run the game in Japanese Locale or whatever.

Here is the link for Wife Quest 1.0 with machine-translated engrish. Enjoy!

Considering that unknowntosociety asked previously to me to not translate the whole game but just do a partial, you think that I wouldn't have already shared the full game machine translated? Surely this is not a nice move since you even read that and you knew, but eh, your choice.

Unless unknown told you to go and do it for yourself, that is.

Agnaricson

Illegal Alien
Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Considering that unknowntosociety asked previously to me to not translate the whole game but just do a partial, you think that I wouldn't have already shared the full game machine translated? Surely this is not a nice move since you even read that and you knew, but eh, your choice.

I dunno. You do you. Just thought I'd help out. Sorry!

May 8, 2018

I dunno. You do you. Just thought I'd help out. Sorry!
I mean, it doesn't really matter to me since it's not gonna affect me in any way. Just because someone posted a translation, doesn't mean I have to use it.

However, if anyone is desperate for an English translation (which will probably at the very least help players understand some of the UI, items, weapons, etc.) then by all means use Agnaricson's uploaded file(s). I can just wait on your version of the translation brynhildr because it's not like I'm in any rush.

Do note that if you do use a fully machine-translated game, you'll potentially ruin the immersion, story, perspectives, things of that nature. So if that's your gripe brynhildr then I can understand why you'd be upset. Then again, it's up to the discretion of the player and what they value most.

Reactions: brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I mean, it doesn't really matter to me since it's not gonna affect me in any way. Just because someone posted a translation, doesn't mean I have to use it.

However, if anyone is desperate for an English translation (which will probably at the very least help players understand some of the UI, items, weapons, etc.) then by all means use Agnaricson's uploaded file(s). I can just wait on your version of the translation brynhildr because it's not like I'm in any rush.

Do note that if you do use a fully machine-translated game, you'll potentially ruin the immersion, story, perspectives, things of that nature. So if that's your gripe brynhildr then I can understand why you'd be upset. Then again, it's up to the discretion of the player and what they value most.
If it's fine for you, then I honestly don't mind. In the end myself too prefer much more playing an understandable version (even if that might take long time) rather than something completely gibberish.

Though in the end sometimes is the only way. @Agnaricson then I apologize for the behavior used toward you.

May 8, 2018
If it's fine for you, then I honestly don't mind. In the end myself too prefer much more playing an understandable version (even if that might take long time) rather than something completely gibberish.

Though in the end sometimes is the only way. @Agnaricson then I apologize for the behavior used toward you.
Yea for sure. Just do as you wish and do it at your own pace. Complete fan translations take a long-ass time anyways. Who knows. Maybe by then DLsite releases an official translation.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Yea for sure. Just do as you wish and do it at your own pace. Complete fan translations take a long-ass time anyways. Who knows. Maybe by then DLsite releases an official translation.
Oh, with that I mean the partial. I'll never do a complete translation because I.. simply don't have the patience to stand still and check every single word, and if the meaning of that "speech" is that and so on xD