• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

None WIP [Translation Request][VN]Moonlight Simulation [Applique]

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
ENG title : Moonlight Simulation
JP title : 月影のシミュラクル (Tsukikage no Simulacre)
LINK : ,
Description : Final, Visual Novel, Gore, Sexual Content, Nudity.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the links are complements of someone else, I managed to find the text files of all the dialogue, of which there is a ton of:

00(?) (21)
1-19
a & b
Kazuha Minazuki (16)
a
1-13
end 1-2
Kurenai Kisaragi (19)
1-9
a-d
end 1-3
Miyo Nogami (13)
1-2, 2s, 3-9
end 1-3
Rei Kisaragi (17)
1-14
end 1-3
コンプリート (1)
basically congratulations for 100%

If anyone is available to help me with this project I would greatly appreciate it. My goal right now is to get several MTLs and reword and edit them so that they make sense.

Other stuff I haven't yet found in the files is the UI text for all the options and title, etc. It's lower on my priority right now but if someone wants to find that and translate it then it is all yours.

Ill try to update my progress here as I go but it will be pretty slow going.

Last edited:

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
So using a combination of KirikiriTools and Garbro I've managed to unpack and repack the original folder. Attempts to apply a MTL to the very first scene has failed though.

Been trying to use Freemote Toolkit but when it unpacks I don't get any text related to the dialogue. Using Kirikiri tools it can output a '.txt.ks.txt' file containing line by line all the dialogue but I have yet to find a way to re insert that into the '.txt.scn' file it originated from. Anyone that can either figure out how to do so for me or help me figure said problem out will be greatly appreciated until then all I can do is start Translating the '.txt.ks.txt' file into something readable for if/when the problem of getting it back into the game is solved.

Again, anyone wanting to help can either grab the full game above or I can share the text files containing the files to be translated.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
Now that I have figured this out my progress should speed up slightly as I am now more motivated to translate it. If anyone wants to help me with the translation of the game please let me know and I'll share the text files containing a dump of all the text. As for the method I used... I did a full dump of the data.xp3 file using kirikiri tools then using a program i found called scn-tool I extract the scn file to get a "---.txt.toml" file which is the file I am editing. I then use the scn-tool to reinsert the toml file into the scn file which I then replace the original scn file with. Then I use GARbro to repackage the entire data folder into a new data.xp3.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
The first scn file is now translated:

I'll probably edit this more but this is a good start for it. Anyone willing to proofread and give feedback (provide line number if you are suggesting an edit) would be much appreciated!

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
If anyone could tell me how creating a patch file works, that would be wonderful. Uploading a 419MB file (or the full 1.8GB game) each time I make progress for people to download will kill my internet. Being able to create the patch file though will hopefully allow me to cut that down to an extremely small file that i can share to go with the main game downloads.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
I have finally figured out how to alter the UI. I had taken a bit of a break from all this so I havent got much of the story translated yet.

--hi

Modder
May 30, 2021
Hey Void, nice to meet you. I wish you best of luck in your translation project, but if u need any kind of help with the KiriKiri-engine with the technology and tools stuff, I can help with what and I proudly say I think I am pretty good at this engine
Just join my if you want to, thank you.

Reactions: VoidWalkerZ

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
Hey Void, nice to meet you. I wish you best of luck in your translation project, but if u need any kind of help with the KiriKiri-engine with the technology and tools stuff, I can help with what and I proudly say I think I am pretty good at this engine
Just join my if you want to, thank you.
While I appreciate the offer, Kirikiri wasn't too hard to figure out besides it not really being able to do everything I need it to.
The process went:
1) Unpack data.xp3 with Kirikiri tools
Note: I unpacked it once on full unpack and obtained text files containing all the dialogue for easy copy paste to DeepL
2) scn-tools->
a) drop the scn file on scn-script-extractor.exe
b) edit .txt.toml file
c) CMD: do: scn-script-inserter.exe 00_01.txt.toml 00_01.txt.scn
3) replace original .scn file with the new one (renaming it to the original as well).

That's just to edit the in game dialogue text.

I can alter the UI images by:
1) Unpack data.xp3 with Kirikiri tools
2) find the UIPSD folder containing .pimg files.
3) Freemote Toolkit->
a) drop the a .pimg file on PsbDecompile.exe
b) use tlg2png to change the tlg files to png
c) edit the pngs in a program like photoshop
d) replace the original extracted tlgs with the new pngs (the difference in file type doesn't matter)
e) drop the json file from part a onto PsBuild.exe
4) replace original .pimg file with the new one (renaming it to the original as well).

I can place all altered files here by tossing them into a single folder and packaging them into a patch.xp3 which makes its files be read before the ones within data.xp3

Perhaps this step by step will help others should anyone else try to translate other games with these file types.

Reactions: lolu4

--hi

Modder
May 30, 2021
Nice seems like you are already good to go, and really great steps written! I wish you good luck with your project! thank you.

Unlighted

Feb 15, 2020
Just a repost, cause maybe you didn't see :

I used to get help from one of the guys who made the Korean translation. You can ask him help if you need. He understands English. He's on Discord : gezine#3316

I am a bit ashamed of the English translation that I made, but maybe that can help you. That's all the work that I did basically : the first two endings.

If you for some reason you want to talk to me, just do it on discord : Unlighted#7128 . I don't receive notifications for new messages here.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
Just a repost, cause maybe you didn't see :

I used to get help from one of the guys who made the Korean translation. You can ask him help if you need. He understands English. He's on Discord : gezine#3316

I am a bit ashamed of the English translation that I made, but maybe that can help you. That's all the work that I did basically : the first two endings.

If you for some reason you want to talk to me, just do it on discord : Unlighted#7128 . I don't receive notifications for new messages here.
I had meant to reply to you but kept putting it off... I've only read through the first file but I think you did a really good job. There was a few spots where the grammar was slightly rough but there were also several sections of your translation that was better than what I had. I'll continue to use yours as a reference as I translate the rest as well for the same reason.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
So Update, I haven't done any work on this since last year. Translation work is exceedingly tedious lol. But if I can still repackage the patch or help for anyone who does decide to pick this up. If enough people want this translated I may revisit it later when I feel like I can for now I'm gonna package a Patch using what Unlighted did for people to use. It won't be done immediately and sorry for just dropping off the face of the Earth.

MishyFam

Feb 27, 2022
I'm suprised this game got gore to it, reminds me a bit of Sakuranomori Dreamers in that aspect. Also seems like a quite interesting VN from the VNDB description. I would love to try to translate this or anything really, but sadly I only know kana and some kanji for now and I don't know the first thing on how to use translation programs, so I'll have to unfortunately leave this to someone else who is willing and able. On a side note- I'm suprised to see more Falcom fans on this site haha.

VoidWalkerZ

Sep 30, 2019
I actually remember playing a bit of Sakuranomori Dreamers. The gore took me completely by surprise and while the novel wasn't terrible I never did end up finishing it. I mostly run the text through on DeepL to translate. It is pretty nice and you can have it change its translation on the go. After that I just pick the sentence that sounds the most readable/understandable. Also Mishy! That thing is kinda illusive lol.

Reactions: MishyFam