Translator++ issue

Deleted member 492881

Mar 13, 2018
I've been trying to translate " Sphilia's familiar "
Followed ALL steps and still I can't see anything translated
( I have the files that translated the text from japanese in english and pasted in game section but it's still in japanese)
Please help :)

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
If you are translating a VX ace game you need to delete the game.rgss3a, this file stores the original data and makes it so the translation does not apply. think it's for all versions before MV as well.

Deleted member 492881

Mar 13, 2018
If you are translating a VX ace game you need to delete the game.rgss3a, this file stores the original data and makes it so the translation does not apply. think it's for all versions before MV as well.
yes but thing is if I delete it I get error, he somehow made it and doesnt give error, I still get it after doing that and unticking scripts...

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018

Deleted member 492881

Mar 13, 2018
I really don't understand this way of translating, the way i go about everything is to export project and place them into the folder after making sure the game is decrypted. I've never had an issue where I have to not export something like scripts.
yes, me neither.
However I get the error stated in the link I showed you, if I delete the .rgssa thing I can't play it at all. I decrypt the game > check boxed and export everything then paste all in the game folder and...nothing, not working.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
yes, me neither.
However I get the error stated in the link I showed you, if I delete the .rgssa thing I can't play it at all. I decrypt the game > check boxed and export everything then paste all in the game folder and...nothing, not working.
I really don't know then, I'd be able to help more if you were willing to share the original game file(pre-translation) and the .trans save, but i'd understand if you didn't want to.

Deleted member 492881

Mar 13, 2018
its fine thanks a lot for the help provided I will try to do it by his guide I saw it worked for him...somehow? Take care and thanks again!!

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
its fine thanks a lot for the help provided I will try to do it by his guide I saw it worked for him...somehow? Take care and thanks again!!
No problem, though I've had problems with translations that meant I had to start with a fresh install of a game to get it to work, so that might be a good Idea.

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
If you are still having the problem, the fix is using RPGM Unpacker Tool and copying the extracted files from the game.rgss3a file you deleted as game.rgss3a also contains graphics as well as text data and translator++ doesn't extract the graphics data when it exports.
So just extract the files using the tool, copy and replace existing files when copying them into the folder (where the .exe is)
then re-export your translation file and delete the game.rgss3a, then run :) and you should be good.