Completed translator++ : lost .trans file

blobbleu

Oct 18, 2021
Hello!

I'm currently translating a RPGM game using t++, but I have lost, or rather I've never seen,, the .trans file. Is it going to impact my translation ,and if yes, what can I do?

Any help is welcomed!

Have a nice day!

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
Take this with a grain of salt, as I've never tried to translate anything made in RPGM, but I would assume if it doesn't already exist it's a file you create yourself.

Reactions: blobbleu

blobbleu

Oct 18, 2021
I looked everywhere on the website of the dev of T++ but didn't found any info on this so either it is autocreated when starting a translation, or it is somewhere I haven't found yet. But thanks for the idea! I'll give it a closer look!

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Pretty sure the .trans file doesn't exist until you go into the save menu and save as .trans, or something like that.

blobbleu

Oct 18, 2021
Pretty sure the .trans file doesn't exist until you go into the save menu and save as .trans, or something like that.
Hey!
Thank you all for the help. It turns out, after you have firsst created your t++ project and using the save as option, thus creating a .trans file, the save as option turns the file from .trans to a .json but, if you delete the .json part of the name of the file (autosave.json -> autosave), it instantly turns into a .trans file when created. I don't know why the dev did this like this but now I know how to solve it, all thanks to the guys on the thread for translator ++.
Have a nice day!

Reactions: ChurryOp