Request Tool RPGM Translator++

Jul 6, 2017
I recently tried to translate some CircleKame games using translator++, and while the actual dialog and menus were translated, I noticed that during translation some parts of the the scripts would not translate. This lead to a "understandlable" translation, but part way through I would get a "nilclass" error or a "could not parse" error which was because of the script. I tried to fix this by going to the script and seeing what I could do, but it came up in moon runes and garbled junk, and there seems to be no posts regarding this from what I could find. I was wondering if anyone could tell me as to how to fix this, seeing as there are posts on this site with people machine translating RPGM games with none of the script issue.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
This is a common error. I see it all the time when fixing people's translations. The long answer is some games use character tags that slow down how quickly text fills the text box or has it stay longer for dramatic effect. If you machine translate those google ALWAYS breaks them. puts a space in between the tags and this WILL break your game in one way or another. You have to go in manually and find the tags and correct the spacing issues.

Some examples of the tags to look for are \| \. \^ these are the 3 most common I have seen. If you correct the spaces between them assuming no other errors are happening you should be gold.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Ideally you should not be translating Scripts using Translator++. DreamSavior has an entire section in his FAQ on why you can break the game if you do:

Reactions: A Shiny Beedoof
Jul 6, 2017
This is a common error. I see it all the time when fixing people's translations. The long answer is some games use character tags that slow down how quickly text fills the text box or has it stay longer for dramatic effect. If you machine translate those google ALWAYS breaks them. puts a space in between the tags and this WILL break your game in one way or another. You have to go in manually and find the tags and correct the spacing issues.

Some examples of the tags to look for are \| \. \^ these are the 3 most common I have seen. If you correct the spaces between them assuming no other errors are happening you should be gold.
I would add that there are \{ and \}
Normally what I do after machine translation is that I run a batch looking for slash+space "\ " combinations and removing all unused spaces.
For rpgmaker XP/VX/VX ACE you should also if in the scripts some %s were accidentally translated in % or % s.
Ideally you should not be translating Scripts using Translator++. DreamSavior has an entire section in his FAQ on why you can break the game if you do:

I really appreciate the replies, but I moved on to using Textractor created by Arkitash and while I have to minimize the game to see the translated text, it works pretty well (for a machine translation). However, I might just give it another shot with the replies everyone has given. Thanks for the help and advice.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I have been using Translator ++ with good results, but on VX ACE games quite often it will fail to open them for translating.

The image may help if any that understand it better can help me to open a game with this problem, I am only interested in editing Text.

Would appreciate any advise on how to open games with Translator ++ that give this error :unsure: Or if I could use and alternative for opening the text, and editing it that would also be good.

SharKira

Jun 15, 2021
need HELP..So l used translator ++ to translate the game.but after opening and comparing it with the japanese version and indonesian version (someone else translated) there is no standing picture above text and says this error ..

SharKira

Jun 15, 2021
To anyone who's well versed at this stuff..so i translated this game using translator ++ but tried to open it and this erro popped up..Can someone help?.. Just a heads up next text has an animated standing picture and I only translated Map

KevinMeck

Mar 11, 2022
Just started using Translator++, batch translated the files, injected, and ran the game. There was a problem popping up every few seconds with failed to load audio files, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Edit: Fixed. So when I started the new project I included the javascript files, but you're not supposed to translate everything in the javascript files or it'll bug out the game. I did select all on the left column, unchecked all the javascript sections, batch translated everything else. I then went into each javascript section to translate the Japanese words, if they had anything to do with game mechanics like probabilities, I left it as it is. I only translated the parts that I knew were words on screen, like Recollection mode, See recollections, View CG, or Return to title. Finally I injected the translations and the game works now.

1647582162102.png

Last edited: