VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Traveler [Day 0 - v0.0.01] [MrKnom]

1. 2.00 star(s)

RexArmand

There is no story what so ever, the game looks as if it was made during the moon landing and the models and sex scenes looks terrible.
    The game would need a complete and total re-work from the ground up to be good. The idea of the game could be cool though, if it was made better...
  2. 3.00 star(s)

oh45

[Reviewed: Day 0 - v0.0.01, patched]
    The best thing here is the story idea, but unfortunately there's not a lot more to like. It is the developer's first game, and so I'm hoping for improvements in subsequent updates.

There is a lot of lewd activity, each time with animation, almost always with more than one viewpoint. None of these were particularly erotic (in my opinion) and quickly reached a repetitive/gratuitous level, although possibly someone with a virgin fetish might enjoy it more. The sample images on the OP give you a good idea of what the game looks like -- they're okay, but certainly not up to the best seen elsewhere.

The story so far is just enough to set up the premise, and stops before there's any actual "game play". The only choices so far have to do with viewing of the animations mentioned above. The 4th wall is broken a couple of times in this prologue, some of it feeling like a forced attempt at humor. There's an early mention of a woman being "sold" to the protagonist, and there's more behavior later in the story line where women are taken and used without any real informed consent, thus I'd really suggest a "slave" tag is missing.

The story text doesn't have problems with spelling or punctuation, although there were several places I noticed semicolons used instead of colons. The totality of effects described by the formulae here would spell disaster for all humankind, turning us to an even closer analog to roaches. I'm hoping that the time travel story here will provide a means to prevent these results, but the protagonist doesn't appear to be so motivated.

To sum up, there's an interesting story concept here that could be entertaining, but right now I find it not very appetizing as packaged.