Trouble Opening games.

bobbert23

Nov 2, 2017
So, usually when a game fails to open, you get an error message yeah? Something to tell you that something is missing or that you need to open the game using a certain program? Well, not for me, For any games that involve DirectX, or come with a "D3DX9_43" and "data" file. What happens when i click on one of the applications, they look as if they are starting to load, but then nothing happens, and when i try to open them again using Administratior, it does the same thing, but this time i get a crash.dump file. I'm using windows 10, system 32.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
So, usually when a game fails to open, you get an error message yeah? Something to tell you that something is missing or that you need to open the game using a certain program? Well, not for me, For any games that involve DirectX, or come with a "D3DX9_43" and "data" file. What happens when i click on one of the applications, they look as if they are starting to load, but then nothing happens, and when i try to open them again using Administratior, it does the same thing, but this time i get a crash.dump file. I'm using windows 10, system 32.
I'm guessing you're running the 64bit version of the game. Also, make sure your Windows and graphics drivers are up to date. Good luck!

bobbert23

Nov 2, 2017
I'm guessing you're running the 64bit version of the game. Also, make sure your Windows and graphics drivers are up to date. Good luck!
If its a 64-bit problem, then that sucks because there doesn't seem to be any 32-bit version of any of the games i have this problem with.
also, its not my graphic cards problem, I've already checked that and they're up to date.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
If its a 64-bit problem, then that sucks because there doesn't seem to be any 32-bit version of any of the games i have this problem with.
also, its not my graphic cards problem, I've already checked that and they're up to date.
A quick search indicates you probably need to install Directx 9c. Here's the link to Microsoft:

bobbert23

Nov 2, 2017
A quick search indicates you probably need to install Directx 9c. Here's the link to Microsoft:
well, i downloaded the installer and then attempted the install and when i did, it determined that i already had the most updated version... am i just fucked?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
well, i downloaded the installer and then attempted the install and when i did, it determined that i already had the most updated version... am i just fucked?
I've run out of ideas. Try Google and the Unity forums. Good luck.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
what game.
Uninstall direct x and install it again.
Update your graphics card
Also dm me the crash file.

bobbert23

Nov 2, 2017
what game.
Uninstall direct x and install it again.
Update your graphics card
Also dm me the crash file.
as far as i am aware, you cant uninstall DirectX on windows 10, my graphics cards are updated, and it happens with all games that either use DirextX or come with the D3DX9_43 file with it, as in the Towergirls game, Futadom world, and "magical angel fairy heart", to name a few...

Edit: I cant even send you the file on this site apparently.

Göffel

Mar 4, 2018
it happens with all games that either use DirextX or come with the D3DX9_43 file with it,
Don't know win10, but did you do a RMB click on that file and : install! ?

(may or may not need to be done from windows explorer started with admin rights - do not remember, too long ago)

bobbert23

Nov 2, 2017
Don't know win10, but did you do a RMB click on that file and : install! ?

(may or may not need to be done from windows explorer started with admin rights - do not remember, too long ago)
There is no Install feature when i right click on the file...