Try to use substance painter for an exported Daz3d character with Dicktator - UDIM problem

Dissendior

May 13, 2023
Hi,

Just for clarification - I am still very new to 3d and all this... please bear with me if I misunderstand something basic.

I have created a character in Daz3 studio and added a Dicktator to him. I now want to edit the skin of the entire character in substance painter. I managed to get the textures from the geoshell which comes with the Dicktator mod into the original dicktator mesh surface settings so that when I export the character from daz as an OBJ I have the right textures for the dick in place.

This somehow works. When I import the character into substance painter the result is somehow "ok"... but the parts close to the legs and torso do not well match - as far as I understand the dicktator mesh and geoshell do some blending magic to adjust the color of the genitalia part transitioning to the torso part of the figure so that the color matches the skin color of the original figure.

So I thought with the UDIM workflow as described on youtube (I should not post any link... so when you search for "daz substance painter udim workflow" you will find the tutorial I mean) I should be able to create a smooth transition in substance painter between these surface parts. But I face a problem I do not really understand: The UV map 1001 becomes a weird mix of the UVs for the face and the dicktator part as you can see in the screenshot.

Can somebody help me with this or can somebody give me an alternative how I can edit the skin of the whole character including the dick?

Dissendior

May 13, 2023
I found the solution for that:

• Import the obj file exported from daz into Blender
  • here you can edit the UV map:
    • open UV editor and the mesh in Edit mode
    • in UV editor you can set to show more tiles in the overlay settings. Set it to Tiles X => 8 and Tiles Y =>1
    • Than you can choose the islands in tile 1001 / the first tile in the row. I clicked onone vertex of the island which belongs to the dicktator, clicked L to get all linked vertices, clicked G to move the island,clicked X for the moving direction and then 7 -> so this island was moved to tile 1008 or the 8th in the row which was free in my case (tiles 1006 und 1007 were filled with the eyes)
    • Then export the mesh againfrom blender as obj
  • now you can import this obj in substance painter

But still I have the problem that I do not know how I can make the transition between the characters skin color to the color of the dicktator smoother like it is in Daz... in substance painter I see a hard border between these parts and the clone tool does not allow me to simply take a part of the body skin and copy it onto the dicktator part.