Trying to develop a game. Please Help!

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
Hello Guys. From yesterday i'm trying hard to learn a little bit how i can develop a game. I was searchign like 5 hours straight and i found things, but not everything i need. Sorry if i'm a little bit dumb in these things, but yeah i'm new. So i'm serious about this and who it's able to help me, he is welcome.

I decide to make a game with Ren'Py i download it and i have the beginning, but then i realise that i will need a characters pictures, backgrounds, houses, maps etc etc.
So i download Daz Studio 4.10 (If i have to be honest this is so strange program for me, and yea it's the first time i'm using it) I look a couple of tutorials and i'm still on the same page i mean i can't do nothing. My question is - can somebody just give me advice, did i use the right program i mean daz studio etc etc
I want to make a game like Love And Submission - https://f95zone.to/threads/love-and-submission-v0-07-veqvil.6086/
I love this guy and his work he inspired me actually.
So yes that's it, thanks in advance for everybody who will help me.

EDIT: 1 minute ago i saw that Ren'Py didn't use 3D Models, it's using images from 3th party programs, so what program i can use to make my characters like Veqvil? Thank you

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
daz3d. make your 3d scene and render it as image for your renpy game.
Thank you for your answer, one more question do you know more about the game Love And Submission i mean i really like his job and now he is off a little bit of these things, so i can't ask him. I mean he have really good images and kind of gif's or whatever it's the name. I wanna know which Software's he is using. Thank you in advance again

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I can recognize one or two assets on the screenshots as Daz assets, so I suspect he is using Daz to create his images lol.
Also, the game is tagged with RenPy, so without actually playing it, I can say it's a RenPy game :p

You can find many tutorials on how to create a game with renpy and how to use Daz here. @Xavster has some nice Daz tutorials here. In my signature you can find a more general tutorial for Daz rendering.
RenPy has it's own tutorial included in the package and for anything else you can ask in the forum.

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
I can recognize one or two assets on the screenshots as Daz assets, so I suspect he is using Daz to create his images lol.
Also, the game is tagged with RenPy, so without actually playing it, I can say it's a RenPy game :p

You can find many tutorials on how to create a game with renpy and how to use Daz here. @Xavster has some nice Daz tutorials here. In my signature you can find a more general tutorial for Daz rendering.
RenPy has it's own tutorial included in the package and for anything else you can ask in the forum.
Thank you so much i will take a look now. One last question i saw only one free asset here for Daz. Did i have to buy everything to make something good or i can go free ?

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
OO THANKS, i said one last question but just i can't make it i mean i'm pissed off. I download Morphs, Clothes, Faces, Poses etc etc and i put them in "My DAZ 3D Library" Data Folder, People Folder, Runtime Folder one by one it takes me like 1 hour. And when i double click them inside Daz Studio nothing happens. Please someone if can explain for the dumbest person here

monk61

Dec 4, 2017
Im not a bad writer, but in terms of daz, I'd probably need a team of underdressed women to walk me through it, being that i'd probably not survive it, I offer my writing capacity

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
Okay it's me again. And thank you @mickydoo for your answer. For example if i put G8F and use daz studio hair i just double click on them and everything it's fine it's working. But when i put G8F and try something like hair which i added manually NOTHING. The hair is for G8F, but when i double click it's loading for like 1 sec and nothing.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Okay it's me again. And thank you @mickydoo for your answer. For example if i put G8F and use daz studio hair i just double click on them and everything it's fine it's working. But when i put G8F and try something like hair which i added manually NOTHING. The hair is for G8F, but when i double click it's loading for like 1 sec and nothing.
Make sure the character is selected in the scene tab
If it loads something and there is no error message, then the hair is added to the scene, but if the character is not selected, it will just be there somewhere in the scene, but not on the character.

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
If it loads something and there is no error message, then the hair is added to the scene, but if the character is not selected, it will just be there somewhere in the scene, but not on the character.
JESUS, uhm i mean thank you i think it's working now i mean yesterday i choose the scene and the character, but maybe i was missing something, so yea everything seems okay now. And if i can ask again something :D i downloaded SketchUp for making interiors, houses, cities etc etc, and i make something like a house but it doesn't seem like the other Ren'Py games. Am i using the right Software for this ? Thank you again so much

Stormmie

GSW
Game Developer
Jul 20, 2017
One more problem, most of my things i mean these assets that i added manually are like this (on the picture). And if i double click them something loading, but it's not adding nothing i mean the scene i selected but nothing there, and no errors