VN - Others - Completed - Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road [Minato Carnival]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DZ666

I've forgotten how many times I've played this through now. I'm not really sure a long drawn out piece by piece review is necessary here. It has everything you could want from a VN, great humor, likeable characters, 3 1/2 strong routes, hot delinquent heroines, and a likeable MC that (THANK GOD) does not fall into the much hated Donkan trope. It's also a decent length, this isn't one of those 2 hour long, 12 sex scenes per hour romps. I hope ya enjoy it as much as I did. Personally, I love Majikoi, but I honestly prefer this one. I hope the fandisc gets translated at some point.

Also, Renna is best girl. Fight me.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

PeteHanson

This is my first experience with the writing style of minato as a company, so that as an FYI.

This game genuinely surprised me, not so much with the story itself even tough there are a few cool twist's and turns in here, but more with the characters. Nearly every person that is in this game serves a vital function in the three heroine routes themselves. Speaking of which, the world-building and the character writing itself is also very well done. You get the impression everyone in this world is a human being that can get angry, sad or even depressed at times and the game shows you plenty of scenes with them in those various states. Sometimes from their pov as well, all depending on the actions of the main protagonist himself.

Speaking of which, this game has a massive amount of choices! Sometimes they change just a few lines, but oftentimes you get some completely over the top joke ending, it's great stuff. The voice acting is also very well done, there is effort put into making sure you get to hear those emotions - sometimes even in the same scene.

This made me think about many other games where you never really get anything from the girls you did not choose to date. And that in turn is one of the biggest strengths of this game. I would argue there is no character wasted here and very few annoying ones to boot. The style of humor and the jokes made me crack up more than I ever expected.

Oh, and there is also a decent amount of adult content as well, just the censoring itself is sometimes on the verge of not showing you much anymore and speaking of negatives the sfx at times are also very aggravating, especially the gang sounds, the biker horns are looped in a way that you sometimes want to mute the sounds entirely. It's nitpicking at this point, but I still wanted to mention it to balance out the praise a bit.

It's just all around a very solid vn and deserves an 8 imo.

8 / 10.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Hitman98

Delinquent/harsh/yankee girl is one of my favorites fetish so i looked forward to this getting translated for some years, it's also by minato-soft who made majikoi, my favorite visual novel of all time so my exception were rather high, probably unfairly high.

It's good, not perfect but genuinely good, the girl are each unique, cute and likeable despite sharing the same yankee girl archetype, the story is nothing that interesting, the sex scene are really good.

Voice acting, art, music and sounds effect are all very high quality as expected from minato-soft.

I would recommend it if like me you're into that type of girl !
  4. 4.00 star(s)

TheVoid17

A perfectly fun game for a more casual experience. Sometimes you can't be bothered for an overly complex plot and just want some fun characters doing fun things. From minute one this game has it's fun, having cute and zany girls doing outlandish things. The characters besides the main ones can be genuinely entertaining as well.

Great visuals and voice acting imo, and fun premise with great comedy and some nice romance/h scenes. It's not particularly long by vn standards and some may say not enough H or romance content, but again it's more of quick and exciting burn.

My critiques would be that basically all 3 main girls are varying levels of tsundere, some more sadist or tsun than others, but hey, they sure can act cute when they go tsun, and really badass when they want to. Second critque is that going for the other girls besides the main still has you set up plans and date the main girl for a bit, nothing ntr levels imo, but it is awkward until you get locked onto the route you want to take.

Please don't come in expecting a Majikoi, it's not on that level, but it is a fun romp with a girl archetype that's not usually the focus, with some saucy scenes in there. Not a masterpiece, but one of my favs tbh.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

I'm a massive fangirl of the Majikoi series (Momoyo best girl, fite me) so expected more of the same with this being like an extension of that .... but I was so very wrong.

The MC here is awful. The guy from the Majikoi games was great, even I enjoyed playing a male protag he was hat much fun and had chemistry with the other characters. There is none of that here, he's irritating and easily forgotten.

The worst part of this game is it has a route for each girl but only 1 of them is the proper one the other 2 are tacked on. It's obvious because if you pick either of the 2 girls that aren't Ai Tsujidou then the game tells you how wrong you are and you should have picked her. The MC starts telling one girl he likes her but the next sentence tells her he still likes Ai too and all through you have other characters saying he should be with Ai and not whoever he picked.

It's my own fault, they set the bar with the Majikoi games and I expected all Minato games to be of that level so it's on me for expecting too much.

It also drags on a lot. It has a LOT of filler content.

It has some funny moments so I can't give it a perfectly shit score but it's one i'll never play again now i've done all 1 route and 2 tacked on side stories.

Oh and the moral of the story is if you don't like someones personality or how they live change it to suit you because fuck them.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Ialdabaoth

Coming from a guy that finished all of the Majikoi (Maji de Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai) from start to S to A1-A5 Plus, I kinda had my hopes up.

The story in and of itself is fine and the comedy is definitely Minato level, but the story this time around... yeah, they kinda dropped the ball here. I'm not saying Majikoi didn't have some rough edges (because even there they had a couple), I was kind of expecting a bit more but maybe that's just a problem on my end.

Overall, for me it was an enjoyable experience, just not one that I can easily come back to as much as I did with Majikoi.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Spunkmeister

I'm lazy, so here's my lazy remarks towards this game.

-Comedy is Superb.

-Alot of the Voice actor are pretty well known and has been in many role in various mainstream of animes. (One of them played Mei Misaki from Another)

-Music/OST is memorable & heartwarming.

-Alot of the characters are likable