VN - Ren'Py - Twisted Memories [v0.8b] [BaiBai]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Dogorti

The game is great, really good dialogues and really engaging story, above the average in this forum. The only negative points would be that there is a lot of text and the proportions of the models but tbh it's fine for me but I know it's not for everyone.

What really has me hooked on this game is the way incest is handled, you don't know how rare it is to find a game where your mom behaves like your mom and your sisters like your sisters (kinda) the only one that has Incestous desires from the beginning is the mc and yet it is something that is justified by the mc being a completely degenerated ugly bastard who is transported to his old body of adolescence, so everything more or less makes sense.

And the other characters are also quite well worked, it makes you want to know more about them, even the secondary ones, this game is really competent in that aspect

Oh and a "negative" point that I forgot to mention is that there are hardly any sex scenes, although this may be a negative point for some, for me it hardly is, many of the LIs are your family, already have a boyfriend (don't worry about this there is no ntr and the LI who has a boyfriend is still a virgin, you are going to be the one who does netori) or they have some personal problem with you, so it seems good to me that there are not so many sex scenes, it is better to develop a really well relationship with those characters and have worthwhile sex instead of mindless sex, but if you want to fap fast then this game is not for you look elsewhere.

In summary, great game and with a surprisingly great handling of fetishes like incest and it even seems that fetishes like netori are going to be well worked on, so kudos to the dev and looking forward to the new update.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

ringo66

Why so much thought? The number of text boxes of thoughts that could be described in one but it gives you five! I wasted hours reading texts that add nothing to the story, he becomes super annoying.
    The pace is too slow, I spent 12 hours reading to see 1 single scene that was ruined by the texts of thoughts and I only progressed 2 days in the game.
    The characters' personalities are fine.
    The physical appearance of the characters is cute but they are all the same, wide hips, wasp waists, thick legs, the only thing that varies are the breasts, almost all of them have monsters and one has little.
    The chosen paths make minimal difference to such an extent that it seems that you were choosing nothing.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

r_o_u_k

At first, I just enabled the Skip Unseen Scenes just to advance to whatever sex scene there is. This has a lot of things that usually sets me of in those games. For example, the unrealistic height of the characters. "grownups" and "teens" having about 40 cm height difference is silly. Moreover, I really hate those oversized boobs. They feel totally unnecessary. Finally, the renders made with this illusion tool are average at best with generic japanese models.

I wondered why I would even try this. Would the ratings on F95 be lower, I wouldn't even have bothered.

Anyways, after a time, the story just got me and I was no longer skipping dialogs. MC's thought usually make sense and the characters have deeper writing than other harem games.

Just get past the oversized boobs and other unrealistic renders and just focus on the story. It's actually among the better ones of the hundreds here.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Moniker13

Surprisingly good, I was expecting a lot different just from reading the summary. The pacing is pretty slow in a good way. The writing is a step above the usual stuff, that is if you can look past the massive amount of typos. I'm guessing there's not a lot of proofreading done, at least not by a native English speaker.

What little H scenes there are so far are hot and well written. The dev didn't fall into the pitfall many other harem games do where it just keeps constantly introducing a million new characters, so that's plus. Here's hoping it updates at a decent pace going forward.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

wrs_supernova

This was quite a surprise.

I'm not a fan of the giant cock type of MC, but here the plot doesn't exist around it as usual.
    And since I'm mentioning story, it really feels like there's something going on. You get glimpses of what could have been those 'twisted memories' the game is named after.

HS games also get boring quickly to me, but this one, even with decent amount of content so far (0.6) felt like being so fast bcuz I actually wanted to know what would happen next.

Animations and art is HS based so not much to talk about overall, but it is well done.

Each character feels unique/with something particular.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Dakufokkusu

There is already a decent amount of content available.
    The characters are all very distinct and and likeable in my opinion.
    The story is interesting an iminvested to see were the min plot is going.
    The model are great and thescences as well.
    All in all definitely worth a try!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Bizlock

Good renders, good dialogue, decently interesting story. Other than needing more content, this game is great. The lewd scenes are animated and have audio as well. Definitely worth trying if you like games that build up for the pay off.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Al2(SO4)3

An intriguing beginning, followed by an interesting time travel twist that represents the desire of many: what if we could go back, knowing what we know as an adult?

Finds a good compromise between an all-powerful MC and a complete naif. Is much deeper and more satisfying than something like "what if Marty McFly banged his way through his 1950s family?"

The writing takes its time; I skipped some at the beginning, but as I continued, I read more. A good sign, I think we can agree. Interiority is given to not only the MC but reasonable interiority is given to the rxnshp characters as well. There are spelling and grammar errors on nearly every page but, as another reviewer wrote, it really doesn't matter, because the writing is excellent.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

fadeadhorse

Review as of v0.6:

Pros:
    • interesting story
    • good animation, not choppy or generic Honey select animations
    • sound in hscenes and music
    • hot characters, lots of big titties
    Cons:
    • short as of now, it's only a couple of days in-game so far
    • no gallery
    • lots of spelling and grammar errors
    • few hscenes as of now

Would recommend trying out
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Alayavijnapti

The renders are absolutely beautiful. my zwei cents that their tits especially the milfs too pointy? yeah too pointy for me.
    Story is quite predictable but i didn't see that MC and Leo still friends even after he knows about the relationship. i love that part.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

latrop16

Game Review v.0.6:
    The game is definitely very hot.
    Models are high quality, scenes are good and you even get some sound effects. Perfect.
    The story is alright, nothing special, but it does it job to be not boring.
    I hope it continues this way.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Lerd0

review for version 0.6

made me nut pretty hard.
    girls be cute, thicc milfs, adorable loli sis, story is pretty interesting, some funny dialogues, good animations, and pretty horny writing.
    gonna need more.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Fito1234

Best game i've played this year. The animations are amazing, the characters and the story is also pretty well so far, a few bumps here and there, but nothing major. It has a bit of everything and is really early yet, so hopefully it should only get better with each update, that's also another plus, so far updates every 2-3 months. So yeah... definitely 5/5 and one of my favorites atm
  14. 5.00 star(s)

FlinPaltwell

Version 0.7

Man, there's a lot that can be said here. I'll start with: this is an epic slow burn.

I'm editing my review, because I once wrote that the writing was riddled with errors. That is no longer the case. You'll find the most recent content has a lot more typos than the early stuff, but I want to focus on something else.
    The dev...truly has a way with words. Much of it almost reads like poetry, and often evokes a strong mental image. The vocabulary, expressions, and turns of phrase he uses...I've never read anything quite like it. It is hard to describe, but he constantly comes up with these ways of describing things that I just love.

The dev also definitely understands how to build eroticism, and if you're here for the incest, good news: you're in for a treat. Guess what, your mother and sisters actually think the idea of having sex with you is insane! Whaaat, imagine thaaat. At the same time, there's that sense of attraction and growing inevitability that makes the story engaging and fun. It's being handled super well so far for my taste.
    With Emily, the younger sister...your mileage will vary. But there's a setting to turn off H-scenes with her specifically. While we're on the subject, I wish our young body was a little older and more grown up.
    -
    Now, there is one aspect of the story I gotta criticize, because I just...find it so over-the-top:
    So there's this girl you had a crush on your whole life, who wound up with this guy named Aden. Because of that, you feel pent-up jealousy towards Aden.
    One day, you catch Aden cheating! The dirty fucking rotten cheater, man, you fucking hate his cheating guts, how the fuck did the girl of your dreams wind up marrying this fucking awful scum of a cheating human being.
    Except what he cheated on wasn't her, it was a math exam. And the MC, knowing this, is so hung up on it.

He goes on a lot of internal monologues over how his crush doesn't deserve to be with a cheating scumbag like Aden. I get that the dev wanted to give us the moral high ground in some capacity, and chose something relatively innocuous, but I really don't think MC needs to fucking hate Aden in order for Catherine's plotline to work.

At one point the MC seemed to acknowledge that it was just his jealousy talking, but...based on things he says later, it's clear he doesn't believe that.
    I was a straight-A geek in high school. One time, someone stole my homework and photocopied it to hand in as their own, which pissed me off. But even I don't hate cheaters nearly as much as this dude does.
    Moving on.

Speaking of cheating, if you're looking for netori content, well, it's possible that Catherine might cheat on that scummy cheating motherfucker Aden with us, but she also might break up with him first. My netori mind hopes it's the former, but we'll see.
    And there's your teacher, who's married. She's also the best, which is saying something.

Finally, almost all of the characters are hot as fuck, as long as you can handle that ludicrous (awesome) bust size. YMMV.
    The animations and facial expressions in general are on point during steamier scenes.

All in all, if you like the character design, incest, and slow burn stories, this is a strong recommend.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

CoomerKing

This game is the real deal, I avoided it because of the honey select looking characters, but damn do I regret avoiding this VN. It's extremely good. The renders, the story , everything. Please check it out, you won't regret it.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Alke18

I'm really enjoying the narrative of the game, algonside it's characters and animations as well, it's showing a nice peace of development in the game that keeps me in my seat reading all the text through and through.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Seturualogo

Absolut excellent visual Novel. I really couldn't stop reading. The characters are absolutely lifelike and three-dimensional. Relationships you build in this game feel natural and you are not fucking every girl and guy within 5 minutes of reading (there are no gay scenes). I love it, give it a try
  18. 5.00 star(s)

spmfd02

Even though the description sounds pervertedly simple, which I’m not against, the game has a lot of depth. All the female characters have something going on with them to connect you to the characters. Then once you connect either romantically/corruption the actual cgi scenes are smooth and thorough. The renders for each scene are great! The conversations seem more real than most VN because of the extra reactions of all the characters.

TLDR; Came for faps only, left feeling connected to all the characters and the one big fap scene so far
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Blursed

A pleasant surprise.

I thought from the first few minutes in that this would be another cringefest with a premise that's been done by at least five other games. The latter part is true, but what this VN does well to differentiate itself from others in its genre is having an engaging story with varied characters and good pacing.

The character models are hot as fuck, albeit a little outdated looking in the graphics department. I love that they have unique personalities with their own motivations and reasons to exist out of the story of MC. Scenarios with each character are nicely spaced out and sensible in the way they come about. It's a bit of a slow burner in terms of getting to actual H-scenes, there's only one actual sex scene but plenty of teasers aside from that one.

Now on to the dialogue, holy shit please get a proofreader. There are so many spelling mistakes that I'm convinced the dev didn't even read the lines they previously wrote while making the game. The dialogue is pretty decent if you somehow overlook the typo every few words, maybe a bit too much internal dialogue and filler words/exclamations but it gets the job done. Looking forward to new versions though, I've enjoyed what I've seen so far!
  20. 2.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

The summary of my review is that the premise sounds like a game that doesn't take itself seriously, but surprisingly, takes a rather serious tone for most of it. That's its own downfall, though since the game focuses much more on the plot than anything else and fails to deliver a convincing message. You can tell by the title "Twisted Memories" that it's a type of story where a resentful guy realises that he was the one to blame for all his misfortune rather than those he blamed, but the game utterly fails at convincing me of that.

This makes the LIs involved in that plot to look like huge assholes and unlikeable people. In turn, this makes the MC look like a dumbass because he easily forgives everything they did to him and happily takes the blame for everything.

EDIT: The new update makes this even worse. Here's a dialogue from the MC himself justifying his own bully after he figures out she liked him:

of course I could have missed that l was always blind... Blind to everyone around me, focused solely on myself... Self-pity and base desires, that... that was all I ever was... And all the others around me were no more than shadows, hardly worthy of my attention...)
    Right, you want me to believe that a little boy barely old enough to be in middle school is at fault for failing to realise his bully liked him? And what now? He suddenly doesn't resent her anymore even after she "made his life hell" just because he knows that she liked him? He hated this girl and she did nothing to change his mind, she's basically still the same bully, so I don't know why he suddenly developed stockholm syndrome.

The game also fails to deliver on its promise of "corruption" since the love and corruption paths are basically the same so far. Maybe that'll change in later updates, but so far it sucks. There's also only one sex scene so it's both lacking in terms of story-telling and any kind of fan service, wish fulfilment or whatever you want to call it. It just does nothing right.

Now, on to the long version of my review...

The boys look like your regular prepubescent kids, but all the girls who are supposedly the same age look like the stereotypical thick latina with incredibly wide hips and basically look like full-grown women. Except for the little sister.

I really, really didn't like how this game brushes off a lot of bullying as if it was never a big deal. The game is called 'Twisted Memories' so you should have an idea of what I'm talking about. Basically every single instance of bullying that the MC suffered is somehow justified and can be brushed off easily all because there was something that ignited it. But let me tell you, that's idiotic. Bullying is bullying. Doesn't matter how it starts.

Another thing I didn't like is the story about Viktoria. It just makes no sense. Leo and Stephanie were both pretty clear about how terrified the MC was about Viktoria so his whole thing about her bullying only happening in the future doesn't hold up. If he was terrified, it's because she was already bullying him and it's clear that she was indeed bullying him. Considering the way she treated him the first time you meet her. Also the fact that she was gonna punch the hell out of him in class if he didn't stop her. You couldn't sold me her "romance" story even in a doujin. It's just so terribly unbelievable how she justifies the bullying by saying he changed and bla bla, so what? lol. People change, doesn't give you a free pass to bully them. The MC is also a sucker to please her whenever he can despite how she constantly belittles him. What can I say? The little sister is right to be pissed at him for being such a simp.

The moral values are all over the place in this game. He has no problem corrupting little girls, but he has no qualms letting bygones be bygones for years of bullying, lol. Like, he says that he forgets about all the rage and anger only because he remembered that they used to be friends with Viktoria. He is a huge hypocrite because he's obviously not a saint. He didn't give it a second thought to try and break up Aden and Cathrine and then starts insulting Aden as if he had killed a baby for cheating on the exam, lol. Luckily, in the end you get the choice to tell Aden that he should speak to Cathrine even though that's none of the MC's business. But even when you make the right choice of not interfering, he still goes on to remain bitter about it.

I would go as far as call it disgusting the way the game tries to justify people's behaviour. With the big sister is because apparently she didn't like the way he looked at her. Whatever the case, he was a middle schooler and while probably not pleasant to have someone stare at you, that doesn't justify years of bullying and belittling. As an older sibling, you would at least want to set them right. During a conversation between the MC and the big sister, the "corruption" choice is to basically tell it like it is. The actual supposed wholesome route is to just be a simp and accept 100% of the blame while the sister never acknowledges her own shortcomings. Kinda fucked up. In the end, she's nothing but a hypocrite because she lusts over her little brother's huge dick and even stares at it while they were having a nice heart-to-heart. In the "seduction" path of that choice, the MC again takes all the blame and outright lies that he was never mad at her, lol. Keep in mind that the worse thing he ever did was "look" at her. There's no seduction nor corruption, here.

All in all, I think the game failed to shift the blame. In these kind of stories, normally, you have an incredibly flawed MC who blames everyone but himself, but I think in this particular case, all of those people were indeed to blame for the way they screwed up their relationships with the MC. Even when the MC helps Alyvia she still treats him like shit for no reason. She is honestly insufferable and I can't see anyone actually coming to like her. Terrible older sister and an even worse wife who cheated on her husband.

All of these little things add up and it's not at all like the blame-shift the dev thinks he's doing. Like how Emily calls out Alyvia always badmouthing him, but then Alyvia says it's just a little teasing which doesn't sound convincing at all. Don't forget that the first time he actually had to live through this abuse as a real little boy and not some old pervert in a boy's body. He grew up resentful of this and with good reason.

Amazing that he wrote the little sister who's supposed to be the most immature one as the one actually being right. That would be no problem if the game acknowledged she was right, but it doesn't. It's also always like this, the MC getting the blame. He can never speak up for himself without taking the blame eventually. Like how Stephanie blames him for his logical annoyance coming from Leo's words or when Cathrine scolds him for annoying Viktoria as if he was the one starting shit when it's plain for everyone to see that it's Viktoria the one starting shit all the time, lol.

Aside from that, there really are no choices in this game, so don't expect to be making any decisions. The only decisions that exist relate to what kind of route you want to see with each girl, but you don't have any power to decide if you want to see it or not.