Unity - Completed - Two Months of Devil King [Final] [Makai "A" Business Office]

1. 2.00 star(s)

teletube

Not good, but playable in case you just want to kill 30 minutes of your time.

Arts are okay, they are standard cliche though, don't except anything new.
    Animations are featured, although they are cheap (just slideshows that consist of few repeating frames).
    Gameplay is clunky, mindless and uneventful.
    Combat is boring and lackluster.
    The game is very short.
    Yes, MTL is bad, but didn't really care, also I wouldn't consider that to be a drawback of the game itself.

It is a kind of a dungeon crawler (or more similar to an arena game maybe), but you are not really allowed to move anywhere, all you can do is train, sleep and fight.
    You can also go on a date 3 times per girl, where you'll get an H-scene at the end of the each 3rd date.
    Everything is executed in a blunt, linear way.

I'd say - 4/10.
    It is okay, considering it will only take you 30 minutes to finish it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

LKADity

Interesting concept but very lacking in execution
    You basically can win from 2nd run if you invest one action poin and the rest in int and just spam 3 magic and 1 free extra magic per turn
    The sex scene only include the enemy and very vew
    Managed to unlock every scene just under 1 hour with total 4 run
  3. 2.00 star(s)

thewhitespirit

Art: fine
    Animation: poor. Worse than mediocre. Some old flash games do have better animation. Honestly seems like someone's the first attempt at using live2d.
    Gallery: images (without the animation) seem to be open from the beginning, which allows you to not waste your time on the game.
    Controls: mouse controls. Could be better/could use some QoL update. For some actions you have to click twice on the buttons. RMB/Esc does not close the skills menu.
    English: poor. Can be enabled in settings. Doesn't make sense at times. UI is not adapted for some portions of the text, and overall it feels like a machine translation.

Verdict? Download and check the "Gallary".
    There's no point in actually playing this. Even if you cheat points and have every upgrade from the beginning.
    Kinda poor translation, poor animation, annoying controls and grind are not enough of a reward for your time. Invest your time elsewhere.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Xombii

This game is a waste of time.

The horrible machine translation makes the story hard to understand.

The gameplay is boring because of the annoying roguelike gimmick.

The short cgs (7) are mid, especially the animated portions.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

MonarchVolition

The game play is enjoyable although very easy once you realize spamming one combo will game end everything.

The rouge-lite element is fine but you don't need to die too many times to beat the whole game. [I died 5 times]

The CGs range from Decent to horrible especially the animated portions which I personally couldn't see the enjoyment of.

The story is fine, it was kinda hard to understand somethings due to the bad translation but overall the premise of dying again and trying to save your race was pretty straight forward.

Overall the main thing keeping this game from a 4 star rating is the lack of difference in combat plus the bad CGs
  6. 3.00 star(s)

dwoolfy

So the 'game' we have a semi-randomized management scheme for 'upgrading' your character's combat power. You have a specific number of 'days' to work between fights. The idea is to create a build for your character either using physical or magic as your damage mode. Either works but the focus is in an entirely different direction. There is 5 attributes namely power, vit, speed, technique and int or wisdom. The main important attributes are power for physical damage, int or wisdom for magical damage and than vit for life or defense. The other two seem to be associated with some skills and act as more of secondary attributes. The game is a bit 'grindy' in that we need to build up the bonus points to even stand a chance of beating the final boss. Those bonus points are awarded by how well you do when you either beat the game or when you are defeated. At the new game screen you can then use the bonus points to to give 'protections' that offer some bonuses to your start and also unlock additional combat moves per round.

There is the option to omit anything that has already been read. This is very important if you are wanting to grind for points and do not want to go back through all the scenes that you did in a previous playthrough. But at that point it is just a numbers game. As for skills my recommendation is to max fatal blow if you are going physical or shadow bomb for magical. On the other hand the game is easy enough that unless you are focusing on the wrong attribute than you probably do not really need help.

For the day actions, the first 4 take action energy but also builds up the castle level. The castle level is rather important as it unlocks some demon helpers to assist in the daily actions which improves the effectiveness of the actions. The 5th action is for mage build and instead of costing action energy it refills a small amount of your action energy, but it also does not provide for your castle level. The rest option fills about half of the energy which means you can do about 2 of the normal actions per rest and 1 normal action per 2 of the 5th action 'strategy arrangement' for action energy. The helpers are really where the randomness of the game comes in as they will randomly associate themselves to one of the 5 actions and if you choose that action in can significantly boost the result of the action towards your stats. Finally as the action energy is nearing empty the first 4 actions start to have more than a 0% chance of failure. Wasted days are painful especially if it is one where you had several helpers attached to your action.

Summary this is a fairly quick and easy slightly grindy game with the option to disable most of the grind. Gameplay leaves a lot to be desired and the scenes have no possibility of interaction or change. There is quite literally 10 scenes only 2 for each heroine.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Cloud73

[Review of Final on 9/26/2023]

Oh man, what a shame. The art had me convinced that this might be good, but this game just really doesn't do it right. There's so many things letting it down.

The machine translation doesn't help -- "enermy turn" and garbled grammar are all over this game, which really brings it down since a lot of it is text. Why do devs feel like this is okay? Not that it matters; the plot is pretty boring. Just go to options, choose "Omit", and then hold Left-Ctrl through every scene without titties.

Daily leveling choices form the core gameplay mechanic, and they implemented it rather poorly. You cannot functionally speed through any days because the developer felt the need to add a shitty little animation to every choice you make. It's even more annoying because the fiddly fucking menu requires you to double click your daily choices, so you waste even more time. Forget fast-forwarding battles; enjoy slowly re-fighting girls over and over again.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that a big component of the game is losing and restarting runs? So, y'know, I hope you enjoy doing the same boring ass gameplay loop over and over again. Thanks Japan.

Even the scenes are just milquetoast tween animations of overused fantasy rape tropes, none of them made with the love or care that should be given to the specific fetishes or kinks that they might have appealed to.

It would be fine if the combat or leveling were at least a bit interesting, but it's really just not. None of the game's damage scaling or formulas are effectively conveyed at all, so it's anyone's guess how much your leveling efforts scale the damage for your attacks. Guessing games are fun, right?

Best strategy I could find was to spam level your VIT at first, then start leveling POW when the adventurer isn't killing you right away. Use the Fatal blow on every turn that a girl isn't glowing, and use Defense when they glow. Last two girls, you might need some INT to beat them, but don't really know because I gave up.

I gave up because, frankly, I need to go find a game I can actually enjoy, or at least get a wank out of.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

NTR Recovery Experts

Its short, easy and there is about 7 CGs. Its a decent timewaster that I will likely never think of again after this post. I suspect this game was meant to be larger in scope, since its impossible to even get half the castle bar up, but the studio decided "fuck it" and cut their losses

The demon king also mastered the ancient technique "pulling out" that was thought to be lost to time. This makes him, without a doubt, the most unique H-game protagonist of all time.