• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Unity - TwoSides Reboot [v0.02.1] [GreonoGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

dragonslaver

1) Graphics = unique, i liked the rendering style of this game it makes this game different from others.

2) Gameplay = simple and engaging, thats what i liked in this game i wasnt bored throughout my play. bonus for adding cheats made my life easier.

3) story = the story atm is being fleshed out but i did enjoy the developments in the story as of .02.1

4) audio = adequate, could have some improvements in the future.

5) characters = this is the most important aspect of the game atleast to me, the characters in this game has personality and progression of their personality based on your choices, but its too early to tell.

6) animation =animation is somewhat satifactory ( fap worthy), controls when animations is being played must have a trigger button on the keyboard or atleast have some trigger buttons on the keyboard.

Man this game is good, one of the games that i enjoyed sandbox wise.

atm this game lacks content but so far the content available for you to play is about building connections with the characters, there are some scenes but is limited to side characters atm.

the only downside of this game is it has history of abandonment though this is the first time i've played it and the game has alot of branches in which the dev will consider which branches should he go for and the characters will get bigger as theres alot of characters not yet introduced yet they're in the game such as aunt, mom etc.

this game is worthy of support, considering support in near future.
    Godspeed to the dev
  2. 4.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

Looks good so far, the writings good and the characters are nice. I like the different ways you can play and approach each character. Also, the whole pill thing is interesting. However, this game seems to be extremely sandbox heavy. I think some of the sandbox navigation sections could be cut down significantly. Do I really need to fish around and actually use the elevator to go upstairs and then pick which room is mine? Do I really need to keep going back and talking to the same lady to uncover new areas to explore? This type of sandbox can very quickly become a burden, and it's already started to. Also, this is absolutely going to be a game where a walkthrough is needed because the navigations are a nightmare. I also don't entirely know what the points are going to do between characters. Am i going to end up screwing myself over by forming friendships between certain characters? I'd like to know what exactly is going on. Also, I think the clarity of dialogue choices could be simplified a bit. Overall, it's pretty promising, but has the potential to become a sandbox nightmare so be cautious.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

nuclearbomb

Review based on v0.02.1:

Greono, the guy who never has figured out where to take this game. What is this? His third remake now? He has tried different engines, different styles (animated or just still pictures) and now he has changed the models to be a bit simpler, but guess what? This might be his winning ticket. While I really liked some of the models in his old version so do I have to say that I think he is onto something here, they are simpler yes but still manages to keep them good looking. Story has changed, it still starts the same but you get into the action of the story much faster this time around, but in a logical way, maybe a bit fast for some. Imho I think it is moving at just the right phase so far. He has tried his hand on some light open world parts that I feel work rather nicely, easy to navigate and very easy to know where to go. A few mini-games that was simple to understand and can be done one-handed *wink-wink* . A respectable amount of kinky scenes for being such a early build that leaves me wanting more and music/sound effects that don't feel out of place. If I have to bring up a negative point so would it have to be the point system, it is a bit much but luckily he has added a cheat system that makes it easy to follow the paths you want to.

All in all so am I impressed with Greono, I have followed TwoSides since the first version way back and loved those. I wont lie and say I wasnt a bit skeptical to the style he is going for with this reboot but for now it seems like I was wrong. Going to be interesting to follow this one.

NOTE: In the options menu you can add a "Locked content" and "Cheat menu" code. Will have to be re-added with each update but should be found as a spoiler in the OP.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Hesctai

At the time, I wrote a review for one of the abandoned versions which clearly showed the ambitions of the project. I gave it 5 stars of encouragement. Today, many years later, the ambitions remain the same. Maybe much less with the Patreon restrictions. Like many, I have serious doubts about the outcome of the project even if the author tries to reassure in the thread of the discussion.

I think that if the project succeeds, it will not be for many years. For the moment, I would be careful not to financially support this project and it will rather come in the form of "rewards" when we get closer to a finished game.

But again, if the promises are fulfilled, it promises to be a great game with many choices, consequences, directions. The challenge is great, the author's desire after this fourth attempt demonstrates that he wants to do something with this idea that has been in gestation for "too" long. It remains to be seen whether the energy, motivation and love of the project will be enough to achieve something.

However, I remain a little suspicious of the author's "a little too present" insistence on receiving financial support, that this new version is only a showcase to try to raise as much money as possible and then, a once again, abandon the project. The question remains legitimate and it is up to the author in several months to demonstrate the opposite by the result. Like No man's sky ;-)

For now, the review is written with version v0.02. No real scenes and many are blocked based on starting skill choice. The scenes are mainly foreplay scenes, but they are quality. There are cheat codes that I strongly advise you to use. Without it, most of the content will simply be inaccessible.

I therefore give a 4 star encouragement and if the promises are kept, there is no doubt that we will go to 5 stars :) . But it is very possible that we will also drop to 2 stars. Time will tell.

For those who are curious to access the other versions:
    + https://f95zone.to/threads/two-sides-v0-02-greonogames.3244/
    (This version was redone several times and even went up to v0.07 before going back to v0.02. with removal of a lot of content related I think to patreon tolerance.).
    + https://f95zone.to/threads/two-sides-redone-v0-03-fix-2-greonogames.32915/
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Kezza329

what can i say, this was an expected but delightful return of one of the most unique games there is here. however, i am still untrusting to whether this developer is gonna burn out quickly like the numerous other times, and this is gonna be YET AGAIN another abandoned remaster of this game.. i hope this time is different, as this game could be something beautiful, but time will tell.

PROS

1. Unique take, allowing the player to do exactly as they wish, gay, straight, bi, male or female MC. its upto you

2. a diverse cast, quite limited right now, but i hope if this game doesnt get dropped like several times before, then i can imagine we'll get a really thoroughly diverse cast of characters.

3. The game is alot more fledged out than previous versions, with some RPG mechanics that change up gameplay, to which can drastically change how you approach situations, and what you can get from it.

4. the models have improved alot. now i cant speak too much on this matter, as i didnt get a single sex scene in the two hours i played. got a sleep groping scene with the sister, and some masturbation scenes with the mc, and some kissing scenes. so i cant comment too much on the models themselves, from the genitals and so on.

5. The animations are ten folds better and more refined. to which i am actively looking forward to hopefully seeing this game fully fledged out and finished.

CONS

1. Seems sex scenes MAY be locked behind paywalls, which further segregates the player base, and the experience is sliced into pieces of the pie, but the question is, what size slice are you getting? im personally not a fan at all of this style, as it means im not experiencing the full game. i have zero issues paying to experience a game.. but i cannot justify taking the risk at this present moment in time to pay money for this development, for it to likely be abandoned again. now i hope it doesnt, as i loved this game. but its been MANY MANY MANY years, and not once has it progressed or been finished. this build has several improvements, and is all for it the better version. however, with experiencing no sex scenes, and the ones available being locked behind a wall. it makes me question whether this game is gonna flop due to it, or whether its going to be abandoned. time will tell.

2. lack of trust in the developer. he has created a unique game. but has yet to finish it. and is known to never finish a project, and asks for money, despite never finishing what people pay for. not slating the guy, i dont know him in order to do so. but the practices of the developers past is not exactly biding well with trust. but time will tell if he actually finishes the game people truly love, and maybe then he will earn the trust and respect of his fans back?

3. the perk system. now i get what theyre trying to do. but i chose the fighter build, and i missed out on tons of content due to it. meaning the dialogue options were greyed out, and meant i couldnt do anything. and some options were even requiring two perks, to which i wasnt given the option of two, nor the opportunity to learn them either. so maybe its a system not quite fledged out? or is it designed specifically to block out free to play people, forcing them to pay to actually play the game as intended? no clue. i hope its the prior.

SUMMARY

This game has a long history thats not exactly shined a trust worthy light onto the developer. however, we also cannot deny that this game is unique in its premise and foundation, and what its trying to do. with a range of sexuality options, and kink options at your disposal, and i love that, and thats what made me fall in love with the original build. this seems to of refined alot of the issues with the older build, bettering ALMOST everything in every way. sure it has some flaws, some red flags, and it looks somewhats promising. however, i need to see more sexual content, and a regular update schedule to properly regain trust, and review it fairly. as i experienced alot of story in this build, but basically next to nothing sex wise that expands or even shows the basic systems of the male and female changing, the gay stuff, the bi stuff, incest etc. so time shall tell. will this amazingly unique game get abandoned again? or will we finally see it finished? or will the developer doom his game before it even kicks off again, by locking everything behind paywalls? i really need more time to see more content arrive, so i can appropriately review. so for now ill rate it a neutral 3/5 for lack of content. time shall tell

edit: the developer has been extremely kind and transparent and honest, we had a conversation through dms, and i had tested the latest build. now although content wise in my playthrough i still didnt get anymore sex scenes. and tons of bugs that stopped me accessing them. the fact the developer himself initiated a conversation, and had me test a build i hugely respect. now i wont review the latest build i have access to, as i feel it needs more time to cook. i however will await the newer builds, and continue to bug report. and the developer knows where i am if he needs someone to find them too. the current build however does give you access to all skills and such, allowing you to take full advantage of the perk system it has, and allows you to converse how you wish to, as well as approach situations how you want without restriction. and from my understanding is set up this way to avoid patreon striking the developers down due to certain types of content in the game. so i say give it time, let it cook. but youve gotta respect the transparency of the dev
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6904413

Pretty Good! One of the best looking games here! Gameplay is fine and the grind is ok. I hope this Dev keeps up that amazing piece of art and don't become a scammer like dark cookie. I will continue to support him! Thanks mate!
  7. 3.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Going to start this off with 3 stars, story isent bad but the skill system is shit, you cant get 8 hearts with Lindsey unless you cheat, also cant get all content without codes, all an attempt to hide stuff behind a paywall which is a bit stupid since most wont turn into a supporter due to that.

I did like the skill system though it works fine but as i said it has to be possible to max stuff out just by playing the game.

Girls look alright cant say much about animations since there arent much content yet.

The bigger issue is all the remakes this game has had, i mean it started in 2017 i belive and got up to v.0.08 or something like that so question is if this will ever be a finished game or not and this is the 3th time game is being made from scratch.

I will check it out later once it has some real content since it still feels mostly just a demo/intro at the moment.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

LeFouDuRoi

I give it 5 stars, yes it's true, the game is still in its infancy, but personally there's a lot of potential! I think it's already a masterpiece, and I'm sure that with future improvements and the addition of new dialogues, events and quests, it will definitely be a game that will please the people who want it!

There are bugs, but that's normal! What game never had a bug or glitch when it was released?

GGames does its utmost to please everyone and put its imagination to work! Keep up the good work! I have hope in your skills! :coffee::cool:
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Two Sides Reboot 0.01 Fix 7

The game could use some improvements. There are a few (not many) spelling mistakes. Like on the title screen, it should be spelled "Gallery". And the one character's name should be spelled "Receptionist". The dialog is mostly good, but there are the occasional small mistakes here and there. (If the developer wants to send me a notepad document with all the dialog text, I can point out the mistakes.) I also wish that we could use the Spacebar to forward dialog, and not just the left mouse button, for convenience.

You can use the mousewheel to go back a bit, but I recommend pressing ESC and saving the game every so often because you can only go back so far. Also, sometimes you might want to change a decision that you made to change the points you received or to trigger a different event. This is easier to do if you have saves that you can load. It's not good to start the game over because you will lose a lot of time, and also there is no way to fast-forward through the parts that you already played really fast. You can only spam left-click. So saves are important.

The game is really good. The story, dialog, and characters are interesting. The models and scenery are good. I really like the character models. I find a lot of character models in other games unattractive, so it's nice playing a game in which the developer has similar tastes to mine. The dialog and point system is good. I was just sad that version 0.01 is only version 0.01. I wish that I had the completed game and that it was one hundred times longer than version 0.01. It's just sooooooo good. I really hope that the developer sticks with this project, sees the game through from beginning to end, doesn't abandon it, and is fully sincere about working on and completing this game.

It took me some time to understand what the icons in the game mean because there is no tutorial. I am guessing red hearts means love, yellow hearts mean friendship, and the purple devils mean corruption. But corruption is the hardest to understand in this game. Usually in games, corruption means that the person becomes lustful and craves sexual interaction. But in TwoSides, I have no idea what corruption means because the context is always confusing and weird. Sometimes I suspect that giving someone corruption is actually a bad thing and means that they might come after you and do something mean for revenge. The developer doesn't make any effort to really let you know. So you are left to your own speculation and guesses. Oh and there are some options with a yellow star. That means if you select that option you will receive a new quest.

From what I can see from the game description, you can choose how to play your character. He can be completely straight, completely gay, or he can be bisexual. It's good that us straight people can play this game and not have to do anything gay. As for gender swapping, I haven't encountered that yet and don't know how it works. But hopefully, gender swap might just be an option and if it's not an option hopefully I won't lose my dignity as a male and won't be forced into doing anything sexual with other males. But since being 100% straight is an option for our normal male selves, then I don't think the developer will force us to engage with other males sexually if we do gender swap. So I don't think there is anything to worry about.

I saw someone complain about the music level when they started the game. I think I encountered the same problem (I don't remember because I installed it a week or two ago). But if it is what I remember, then yeah, wayyyyy too loud. The first time someone plays the game, the music volume should be one-tenth or less what the original volume was. But maybe the developer fixed it since then. I really hate games that start out with loud music volume, and this TwoSides was even 3-5x louder than the LOUDEST games on F95, so that is definitely something that should be fixed.

I can't wait until 0.02. I wish these versions came out ever week or two weeks instead of every month (or longer).

Sorry if this review was written sloppily. But hopefully it isn't too bad.

PS - I hope that the MC can hook up with the mom too because it said early in the game "I was checking out mom's tits a few days ago." or something like that, so I think she might be on the table too. Can't wait. I hope she is good looking too.