VN Ren'Py UC8 [Development Thread]

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Just sent my latest and hopefully final build of the Prologue to Sancho for him to double check that none of my changes affected his mod. once I hear back from him with an all clear, I will post v0.1.2 to Patreon, Itch.io, and here and make sure that Sancho's mod is on the OP of the new game thread.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
seems we all played (at least a few) the same games.
time to do a tissue-report....
how many tissues did you need while playing NC8 so far? :sneaky::cool:
I'll start to tell
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
300+ and I wrote the dang thing! when it was just text it had my eyes watering. Building the scenes was brutal!! ;):giggle: So, yes. I knew Big Guys service was so fresh that they cut the onions for you at the table! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Dshey Aar and cxx

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just sent my latest and hopefully final build of the Prologue to Sancho for him to double check that none of my changes affected his mod. once I hear back from him with an all clear, I will post v0.1.2 to Patreon, Itch.io, and here and make sure that Sancho's mod is on the OP of the new game thread.
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hope you liked it!

It's been a while since anyone posted in this old development thread!
Heya guys
Nice to be here again. I see Brout often comes here to chat non-stop, so I sent him for a walk with the girls for some peace. The perk of being the queen bee, I guess.
Hey Grif, since you agree, I'll do a review of the game here. After all, that's what this thread is for, so let's do it.

Since the game is early in its development, I'll get to the main parts. To begin with, the idea of mixing drama, humor and sex makes the game interesting in several aspects. It is always a pleasure for us, like riding a roller coaster. We're apprehensive before going up, but we love the adrenaline rush.
From there, what can we say about the game?

Game version: UC8-0.2.0.3-pc

The storyline:
Interesting storyline of a middle-aged guy - for once we're not dealing with an 18/19 year old kid who... You know the rest, right? - it begins when he catches his "charming" wife red-handed while having sex with her boss. It's definitely better than the guy who goes back to live with mom and the sisters because of x reasons.
Little by little, different characters are introduced, as the Mc decides to move forward quickly, and it's perfectly coherent because he is already aware that his marriage is long dead. So we skip the long agony of 5 years of mourning and healing. He gets a great deal with his wife's boss for the divorce ($5 million is really nice, you can believe me) and a mega surprise, Kaya, his daughter whose existence he learns in a special way. Usually it's the plates that fly, but this time our hero takes the entire china cabinet in his face in one shift.
Brief farewells to his former C30, set off for new adventures which are promising, with the management of a new cinema much smaller, but whose attendance is exploding, new city, and of course his daughter and his little one sister that he decides not to ignore
It's really working for us so far.

Pacing:
The events follow one another at a good pace, but solving both small and large problems is conveniently a little too fast. The $5 million divorce deal for example, or the friend with the devastating smile who served with him in the army, who is more effective than the NSA in finding his daughter, and speaking of his daughter and her little sister, their relationship and trust builds a little too quickly. Not to add drama, but adding some back and forth hesitation with humor wouldn't hurt. The same goes for the other characters. The realtor, Poppy, opens up to the MC a little too easily. I know he's pretty easy going, impressively muscular - I don't know how he manages to scratch his ear - but Wow!
The scenes are terribly fast too. It's a bit brief for the introduction of the girls from his former work team, and regarding his other sexual adventures, it's so short that the veteran fappers won't even have time to drop their pants - which in my opinion opinion will displease many - because we barely have time to understand that it has started before it is already over. The clothing store employee for example. Hello, bang bang bang, thanks until next time. Talk about a quicky ^^

The renders/animations
Here, it’s as if we were seeing characters straight out of a comic book appear among “normal” people. A super muscular superhero type. It's a bit confusing but also hilarious at times. The same goes for the facial expressions, although here, it's a little over-acted at times, when Kaya and her father talk about the deceased mother. A tear was ready to fall when Kaya made a really exaggerated pout.

Music:
Music present, with nice pieces to listen to. Much better than the fans noise of his new factory/PC which is aspowerful as noisy. Ah, men and their need to compensate for everything (yes, I'm taking revenge to him for starting u4ia without me)

Overall:
A good AVN that goes off the beaten track, and has a lot of potential. We can't wait to see the rest of the program that Grif1001 has in store for us in this unique adventure. The continuation of the little stunt with the manager's assistant in the parking lot for example, when he goes to take his job. And multiple possibilities for interactions are already playing in our minds.
No bugs so far, a story that holds up, good quality images that already improved since the first release will improve with practice. A good time to spend with a big smile. Maybe it's too early to ask, but without wanting to be petty, achievements often mean rewards in other games, like nice HD posters?

Keep it up Grif (y)

Reactions: Elhemeer