VN - Ren'Py - UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

dzapan

Great game with wholesome story.
    MC is very likeable and cool, chad but not jerk.
    LI's are intresting and diverse.
    Renders are meh, animations too.
    Sex scenes are short and poorly animated.

But story is very pleasant, the foundations to develop it further are solid.
    "Daughters" are very sweet and likeable.
    I hope dev implement harem route, this big mansion ask to accommodate tones of LI's i beg you :)
    Music is very pleasant.

Overall good game, with potential to be great (harem) game, thats why i give it 5/5 for incentive to develop it.

Looking forward for more, keep up good work :)
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Cal2

[Reviewed v0.2.04]

A well-written, relatively wholesome (?) VN that has a fresh take on some familiar tropes. So far into the story, it is pretty light on sexual content and H-scenes, but I'm willing to follow this one and see how things develop.

The Good ((y))
    • MC is easy to root for
    • A diverse set of emerging love interests -- although H-scenes are currently quite limited
    • An interesting plot that seems to have real stakes - the writing is generally excellent
    The Not-So-Good ((n))
    • Graphics / renders aren't up to the best of today's standards
    • There's not a ton of sexual content / lewd scenes yet -- a few short scenes with side characters so far
    • Everything works out for MC -- while he has a traumatic backstory, the MC encounters few challenges in the current day. It feels a little too good to be true
    A great start and a promising story with more drama waiting to unfold.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 5/5
    I really liked this one, since its not just story driven but also have choices with everyone so far, no forced LIs or forced harem, i would expect it would get the harem tag at some point though but it would then be a harem of choice which is great.

I played this as a normal MC meaning not a fuckfest going after everything that moves and it was great i went for only one girl so far (Tink) and sure i only had a small sex scene where MC licks her and thats it, but im perfectly fine with that since its my choice not to fuck em all and to me story always comes before sex scenes since it makes sex scenes so much better and not just mindless shit like so many other games.

Not that this game dosent have the mindless fuckfest option it does since alot of girls will trow them selfs onto MC which will always feel a bit stupid to me, but since its an option if you want to be with them or not i dont really mind it being there, that just means theres something for everyone, play fuckfest or play faithfull so game has great potential for all tastes and thats how all games should be in my eyes.

As for the girls it took a little getting used to em, not the biggest fan of the looks but they arent that bad either and i can see my MC being with a 3-4 of them all depending on how game will progress and if incest tag will be added and so on.

Its also so damn refreshing seeing an MC whos normal and dosent have a mindset of a 12 year old...for once MC feels like a real man, a grown up unlike so many other games.

Girls 3/5
    Maybe once i get a bit more used to their faces i will like them more but they arent that bad and there also seems to be a nice diversity in builds which is great.

Animations 3/5
    Havent seen many due to my play style but i will rate this average for now and once theres more to see playing MC like a normal dude i will adjust the score.

Music 4/5
    A bit above average, pretty decent tunes some with a bit of lyrics as well which is nice.

Choices 5/5
    For now none are forced so your free to pick who to be in a relationship with or who to fuck for fun if thats your style, so cant really ask for much more then that.

Great potential and ill revisit this for sure since it could become a 5 star game but would like to see a bit more content before adding that last star.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

This is clearly a strong start, but it is very story focused. There are some steamy scenes, but they are short and not too many of them yet. It kind of depends on how you play the MC... as a complete horn-dog or as a normal dude.

So far, all but one scene has the women throwing themselves at the MC with little work on his part to get jiggy with it and I find this a little off putting. If you are going to have a story heavy VN, then don't mail in the H scenes and that's the way they feel. There is no challenge in getting the LI interested and there is really no established relationship.

The graphics are all a little suspect too. The MC is one thing, but some of the women look seriously over morphed. I don't know what the hell is up with Kayla's hips, but she looks really odd. Her face, specifically her mouth, needs some work too as it makes funny shapes and often looks strange. Also, I think the MC's eyes are supposed to be blue, but they look like black pits in a lot of the scenes and it makes him look odd.

Then there are all the references. I am not sure why so many of these new games feel like they have to reference the same characters from other games, but it is annoying. And once again, all the 80s pop culture references... it kind of dates the dev. I will, however, admit it at least fits a little better in this story as the MC is older.

My last thought is about the MC. He is a bit of a Gary Stu. Everything comes easy for him. He is instantly a good Dad, good friend, good businessman, good manager, good soldier, good storyteller... ad nauseum. If he is so perfect, why would he hook up with something like his ex wife? I would have like to have seen him stumble a bit. Maybe the youngest daughter is more skeptical and takes longer to warm up. Maybe someone from his past appears and there is some obvious tension... IDK. ANY kind of drama would be welcome.

Despite my comments, it is a well written, albeit story heavy VN. The dialogue is mostly believable and all the characters have some depth and originality to them (except when they are throwing themselves at the MC). The pacing is good and the scene blocking is solid as well. The lighting needs some work, and some of the models need to be cleaned up, but for the most part, it is a really good production and the dev is clearly talented.

I am looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds. Awesome start.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

duckydoodoo

Plot line is probably the most believable out of these "guess what you're a dad" VNs. MC's only super powers are hard work, self confidence and the charisma one develops with those. Havent played the update yet, but looking forward to it. All around UC8 seems to be promisingly entertaining.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Kazanovaromeo

this is promising to be a great game , cause a great game aspects are :
    first of all Great story and great story line
    character build should represent the story effectively
    mindcatching dialogue (as per F/D in their 1st reunion after a long time)
    good render work and good music
    So , this 1st release have all aspects togther promising to be a Great Game
    Hoping the best and eagerly waiting for more.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Xan_Vados

This game has a very good story and a promising plot. I enjoyed the realistic dialogue between a father and his daughter who meet each other after two decades of separation. The writer did an amazing job of capturing their emotions and reactions. I also liked the teacher character, who is a cougar but also quite mature. I am curious to see how the crew will interact with the main character once he takes charge. They seem like a fun and problematic bunch that will create a lot of tension and drama. My suggestion for the game developer is to add some additional mechanics, such as upgrading the house with the daughters and others, or introducing a stepmother and creating some conflict in the family. I think that would make the game more engaging and immersive. I am curious to look what the dev has in store for us in the future. Best of luck.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

motseer

Damn, Grif1001, you can WRITE! Yeah, I shouted that! Just like I'm gonna shout this: THIS IS GRAPHIC ART! If this VN has anything to knock... I guess the animations aren't the best I've seen. But! They aren't bad either. The story is lighthearted, funny and sometimes poignant. The models are unique and varied and the character development rocks. If you miss this one... Well... You'll just be missing out!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Rohse

Interesting renders, even if the anatomy of some of the characters looks a little lumpy.
    The story is formulaic, but fun and so far filled with feelgood moments. Yes there's a "Person other than MC fucking a person MC has been intimate with" at the beginning, but it's not the theme of the game and makes sense in the plot.

5/5 will follow.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

King of Hearts 937

Great intro. Love the fact that the while the story seemed a little rushed it fleshed out the characters and made you genuinely care about them. Hope the dev keeps up the good work . And hopefully have more than once a year updates