Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v3.0.7

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

For what compressor u want mass/bulk game compress feature?

• RPGM MV/MZ

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • HTML

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I want be able to bulk compress all engines (this is not planned since too hard to add)

• I want to compress all xp3 files in game folder (no u don't coz some games are encrypted)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I don't want this feature at all so don't waste ur time on it, just enjoy ur summer time :)

• I have potato PC

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • I have average PC

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have fast PC

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I have super PC

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks for your reponse.

Yes i understand how it works (renaming and co).

I have test the avif / av1 compression in another game "Big brother another story" and it's work perfectly fine.

For "Dreams of Desire : Definitive edition" always same problem.
- mkv not compression at all (check mpv, mediainfo lite)
- .jpg are correctcly convert but delete at the and (and not rename in jpg, easaly checkable with is weight and datatype in gimp).

The only difference i found on the 2 game is :

"Big brother another story" : pics are in webp in beginning, avif pics are named "PicName!.avif" during the process.

"Dreams of Desire : Definitive edition" : pics are in jpg in beginning, avif pics are named "PicName_.avif" during the process.

After check Dream of desire have 4000 pics on jpg and a few pics in png. The pic in png format are correctly replaced by the avif compression

EDIT :

Same thing for "Being a Dik Season 1 & 2" , 20k jpg are converted to avif but delete at the end and no replace. 300 png are correctly processed.

For the moment just the jpg pic seem to be problematic.
Thanks for extended info - now I've reproduced and gonna fix this bugs in next UAGC version.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
UAGC update v2.3.1 fixed (install it on UAGC version 2.2.8-2.3.1)

For RenPy avif/av1 compressor fixed jpg images processing and videos containing audio.

Last edited:

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Test House chores compressing on UAGC 2.2.7 and Get Most good Result. Use memory less from 6 GB to 2. And Time Compressing from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. ;) (And Nconvert work fine)

Reactions: megalol

MrCrisis

Jul 21, 2018
megalol Do you think in the futur it will be possible to set advanced option for video encoding (h265 principaly for choose preset slower or other) like av1 encode ?

EDIT : In another subject, for me video with sound is always skipped from av1 compression. In attach file the codec of problematic file (in exemple all video of "melody" and "dreams of Desir" is skip.

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
megalol Do you think in the futur it will be possible to set advanced option for video encoding (h265 principaly for choose preset slower or other) like av1 encode ?

EDIT : In another subject, for me video with sound is always skipped from av1 compression. In attach file the codec of problematic file (in exemple all video of "melody" and "dreams of Desir" is skip.
Where do u want h265 speed preset (and adv opt), in HTML compressor? Coz in RenPy/RPGM MV presets already implemented (look at green squares on screenshot, where speed = 0 same as slow preset is h265 encoder activated). 1678264187426.png
About av1 video I'll check again later but it's kinda strange coz it should work now as far as I know. Did u replaced old ffmpeg_avif.exe file with one from fix (..\UAGC\Scripts\ffmpeg_avif.exe), CRC32: 5574F200 (checksum of new file)?
Upd: checked Dreams of Desire - all fine for me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Compressed for testing with preset = 12 and quality was kinda OK but anyway I don't recommand it for general use.
1678271454579.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Asenaris

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Why is VP9 compression so much longer for weak PCs than VP8?
Why is Webm the longest compressing video format for a weak PC?
It's not about VP8 slow for weak PC but about Movavi uses low/medium quality profile (so some vids becomes pixelated after using it) that sometimes faster than VP9. Here is an example (look for attached 7z) when smaller size VP9 video with speed 4 are better bigger size VP8 with high quality ffmpeg settings and comparing urs vid from game Special Request. Processing time was the same for VP8 and VP9 (I'm specially adjusted settings to get same time value) and conclusion (that I've aready told u before) that better use low quality (speed 4 and higher) VP9 than VP8 at all.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
It's not about VP8 slow for weak PC but about Movavi uses low/medium quality profile (so some vids becomes pixelated after using it) that sometimes faster than VP9. Here is an example (look for attached 7z) when smaller size VP9 video with speed 4 are better bigger size VP8 with high quality ffmpeg settings and comparing urs vid from game Special Request. Processing time was the same for VP8 and VP9 (I'm specially adjusted settings to get same time value) and conclusion (that I've aready told u before) that better use low quality (speed 4 and higher) VP9 than VP8 at all.
Okay,But uagc still a really longer compressing mp4/mpeg/mkv/avi.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Ultrafast ffmpeg mod not actual when game have a lot of webm it's process still how CJ wasting 3-4 hours on saving 300-400 mb :D

MrCrisis

Jul 21, 2018
Where do u want h265 speed preset (and adv opt), in HTML compressor? Coz in RenPy/RPGM MV presets already implemented (look at green squares on screenshot, where speed = 0 same as slow preset is h265 encoder activated). View attachment 2448402
About av1 video I'll check again later but it's kinda strange coz it should work now as far as I know. Did u replaced old ffmpeg_avif.exe file with one from fix (..\UAGC\Scripts\ffmpeg_avif.exe), CRC32: 5574F200 (checksum of new file)?
Upd: checked Dreams of Desire - all fine for me:
Ho sorry, i didn't notice fmmpeg speed affect h265 preset, it's good news. It's possible to set it lower than 0 ? Usually i use very slow or placebo precet.

For av1 i check and i have the good version, i don't know why it's not compress...

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Ho sorry, i didn't notice fmmpeg speed affect h265 preset, it's good news. It's possible to set it lower than 0 ? Usually i use very slow or placebo precet.

For av1 i check and i have the good version, i don't know why it's not compress...
Hm, but why on your screenshot showing is only one exe file alone? Where are the others files from UAGC? It seems that you show me just update file contens but not UAGC folder itself. You need to put that file in main UAGC folder with others.
About h265 it depends if you using hevc option or not. With hevc enabled (means NVIDIA GPU acceleration) you can't make it slower than "slow" preset as far as I know. Very slow or placebo are only for ffmpeg x265 encoder that used by default.

MrCrisis

Jul 21, 2018
Hm, but why on your screenshot showing is only one exe file alone? Where are the others files from UAGC? It seems that you show me just update file contens but not UAGC folder itself. You need to put that file in main UAGC folder with others.
About h265 it depends if you using hevc option or not. With hevc enabled (means NVIDIA GPU acceleration) you can't make it slower than "slow" preset as far as I know. Very slow or placebo are only for ffmpeg x265 encoder that used by default.
I'm so sorry, my bad i put the update in the wrong folder. Av1 encode is good now.
Thanks for the info about x265 preset.

Little last question, for av1 i encode with "2" preset and the cpu usage is pretty slow (5-15% ryzen 3950x) do you think it's possible to parallel the encode like pic ?

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I'm so sorry, my bad i put the update in the wrong folder. Av1 encode is good now.
Thanks for the info about x265 preset.

Little last question, for av1 i encode with "2" preset and the cpu usage is pretty slow (5-15% ryzen 3950x) do you think it's possible to parallel the encode like pic ?
Np, it seems that I've messed with folder structure when packed update so reuploaded with right paths (but you don't need to download it again since fixed it manually with my advices).

About AV1 preset 2, I think it's not best choice (coz extremly slow, more info ) so better don't use it. For me it used CPU and RAM almost fully at 1st after that CPU usage go low same as u and RAM stays high, after few minutes CPU go high again and so on. Looks like preset 2 uses multu-pass encoding (about 3 passes maybe).

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks, next rime i test preset 4, probably better cpu usage and time encoding.
For me preset 4 uses CPU almost fully but even top CPU can't compress vids faster 15 fps (very slow for big games)

MrCrisis

Jul 21, 2018
For me preset 4 uses CPU almost fully but even top CPU can't compress vids faster 15 fps (very slow for big games)
Yes preset 4 faster for me. But my cpu usage is very low (20%), not possible to add option to compress 3 by 3 in exemple ?

In another subject for me the setting for AV1 preset and audio bitrate is not save when i use "save setting" button.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Yes preset 4 faster for me. But my cpu usage is very low (20%), not possible to add option to compress 3 by 3 in exemple ?

In another subject for me the setting for AV1 preset and audio bitrate is not save when i use "save setting" button.
I'll check and fix if needed saving bitrate problem later.
About running several instances it's possible (named as "ultrafast ffmpeg" in some UAGC compressors) but try first changing svt-av1 params adding in the end "decode=1:lp=32".
"lp=32" means 32 CPU threads would be used. By default it should use all threads (for Intel at least) by maybe it doesn't handle ur Ryzen well.

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
From what I have read SVT scales well till about 16 threads and drops off so try turning off Hyper-threading and like in many games could actually get a performance improvement. Megalol always doing great work but I lost the 3080 so it pains me to write it but...
*Feature Request---AMF encoder support for H264/HEVC/AV1 hardware encoding!! Thanks!!

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
*Feature Request---AMF encoder support for H264/HEVC/AV1 hardware encoding!! Thanks!!
But according ur tests AMF have awful quality comparing with x264/x265/svt-av1 (and nvenc that u don't able to use now) encoders that leading to question why do u need it then?

MrCrisis

Jul 21, 2018
lp argument help a little but it's not perfect. I would appreciate a ultrafast fffmpeg feature for AV1 but i understand if it's not a priority (i think not a lot of people use avif/av1 compress)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes