VN - Others - Completed - Umichan Sorani [Remake September 2021] [SpiralVortexPlay]

1. 2.00 star(s)

JayCihns

This had very positive reviews on steam so I gave it a shot. Guess some people are so deperate to see a boobs hey'll give nearly anything a 'thumbs up'. After 5 min (inc multiple restarts of the game) I had enough.

Art is subjective. Sprites and backgrounds are fine. Personally though, I think cow udders are just ugly but to each their own. The writing seemed like what a boy just starting puberty would think women talk like. Not only immature, but also not providing any context are character BG info for me to care. Only got to try one of the mini games, essentially a cookie clicker so another turn off for me. Brainless but also unskipable.

Final nail in the coffin for me though was the game engine + UI. If this had been made in Ren'Py this may have been salvageable.
    * Can't access the settings until already in-game.
    * Only ONE save slot.
    * Some UI icon toggles which give no indication what they do.
    * UI is very laggy
    * No Full Screen. Windowed and Bordered only.

As mentioned, only gave this game 5 min before deleting it. Some may say I didn't give it a fair chance, but I'd argue it's the devs responsibility to make a compelling experience from the onset. And while art may not be to my taste I don' think it's bad in any way. But that's not enough to carry a VN experience.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Redyqar

TL;DR
    If you played (and liked) other games by this author this one (while weaker) is ok for a nut or two.
    If this is first game by SpiralVortexPlay you see then i strongly advise you to check his other games instead of this one (they are better)

Game isn't bad but definitely weaker than other works by the same author.
    Gameplay wise it is basically a kinetic novel with some minigames to grind money. Said minigames are fairly mediocre or even bad.
    Art itself is fairly nice (i don't know why, but i personally like it even though it is clearly not some high level stuff)
    Story is irrelevant. Even though i read it i can't remember anything worth mentioning.