Unable to open games "File corrupted!"

Sepulchure

Jan 18, 2019
I keep getting this error even after changing he region of my system. Funny enough, some other japanese games that i have only open when i set in my country region.But not yhis one. Help would be appreciated

1.png

W65

May 31, 2018
I keep getting this error even after changing he region of my system. Funny enough, some other japanese games that i have only open when i set in my country region.But not yhis one. Help would be appreciated

View attachment 257183
Judging from the titlebar of that application and from the (????) in the path, probably there are file names somewhere in one of the game's subfolders that are corrupt.

The first thing to try, though, is to move the game's folder to a directory that doesn't have special characters (like the a with the tilde diacritic in your name). Try something like c:\temp\

If you have the original compressed archive that the game was packaged in, try extracting it with 7Zip or WinRar. Sometimes certain decompression programs mess up the filenames when they're extracting an archive.

It's also possible that the archive was packed originally with the filenames corrupted. You might have to get the game from a different source if that's the case. If you open the archive in 7Zip and the filenames are messed up in there (like, you go in the BGM or images folders and see garbage instead of Japanese characters) then that's probably what happened.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
All of what @W65 said makes sense, try to use a different folder, I've seen many issues with extractions/installations related to using special characters like the "ã" in João, Portuguese has it's special issues believe me. (Eu sei é estranho mas acontece)

Reactions: papsuken

Sepulchure

Jan 18, 2019
All of what @W65 said makes sense, try to use a different folder, I've seen many issues with extractions/installations related to using special characters like the "ã" in João, Portuguese has it's special issues believe me. (Eu sei é estranho mas acontece)
Thanks. Altough I was able to fix it by simplying creating a new game on RPG Maker and overwritng the project with the game files.

Are you Portuguese by any chance?

Arconte

Jun 3, 2017
Change the game folders and archives to the folder named 146GRJ914-Ver.1.01 and delete the other folder with (????) in the name.

Reactions: FoxyBitch

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
if you are using winrar all you have to do is select option then select name encoding then select Japaneses should be 932 in the list then hit extract

7-zip don't know if it can do the same as winrar
windows built-in I believe it does not
others don't know