Unable to read ingame text in RPGM games

Assman4Life

Sep 9, 2020
Hello. I am writing because I have a peculiar issue. Whenever I download an RPGM game from this site, I ALWAYS get the same issue: the in game text is garbled. This does not happen with other formats of games I get from this site (RenPy, Unity, etc). What's really bizzare is that sometimes the text will appear just fine when I launch the game, but when I launch it another 10 times (not exaggerating) the text is messed up.

Strangely, I notice this does not occur with the one RPGM game I actually bought from the Fakku store (Country Girl Keiko). I've attached some examples below

From top to bottom, the games are Defenestration, Rookie Knight Rahti and the Muchi Muchi Inaka remak
e

1.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Google couldn't save me this time. I'm at my wits end about this. I'm really hoping you guys can help. Also, please be as detailed as possible in your solution (step 1, step 2, etc).

Cheers. Stay safe out there!

Update: I tried installing the font file (M+ 1m regular. Bottom right of 3rd pic) from one of the games (Rookie Knight) into my PC and turned off my PC. Upon reboot, I still have the same issue. I noticed that there is a gamefont.css file. Am I suppose to do something with that as well? r1.JPG r2.JPG 1624922566450.png

Another Update: I did some digging and found out the in-game font comes from a family of fonts. So I went to fontsquirrel and got the m +1m family, installed it, reboot my computer and.....I still have the issue

r4.JPG

What's odd is that ONLY the ingame dialogue is affected. The pause menu (left side) is always fine

r5.JPG

If you'll notice, the text on the left is legible but the word "Knight" on the right (as well as the stats) isn't displayed properly

Last edited: