5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

What should the next update be about?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
I'd also like to ask folks: Has anyone found any new bugs? I was planning on publicizing another patch by now, but it has too few and too minor bugfixes make an patch of.

Mar 11, 2021
can't recall the exact specifics at the moment but I think I remember other bugs coming up for other girls involving conflicts with accessories, like Clover's hat or the maid headbands again.
Also, a small idea to suggest: while hollowing or breaking a girl's soul unlocks a new command, simply letting them be doesn't unlock anything new, so how about a new option to hug the girls?

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
can't recall the exact specifics at the moment but I think I remember other bugs coming up for other girls involving conflicts with accessories, like Clover's hat or the maid headbands again.
Also, a small idea to suggest: while hollowing or breaking a girl's soul unlocks a new command, simply letting them be doesn't unlock anything new, so how about a new option to hug the girls?
Great idea actually, could work for Normal route playthroughs to make them a little more wholesome, I'll keep it in mind!

Mar 11, 2021
and since i beat the game, might as well leave some final thoughts for the update
for a game you cranked out "when I feel like it" for the last month or two, I think 3 hours is a pretty good amount of content, and your characterization for Frisk and Clover was really impressive.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

unfortunately, now I don't think I'll be able to stomach doing anything to their souls, and I get the impression being an emotionless drone would be an improvement on the evil path

Reactions: JuanokuG4

JuanokuG4

Dec 26, 2018
i was gonna say "oh there's 0 new scenes" but it seems it's just because i don't do the evil route because i'm a huge coward that can't stomach spiking antidepressants (on a side note, the evil route feels right in line with deltarune's weird route in writing, and in general the writing is stellar)
like, i wanna see new stuff but i don wanna do et

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
and since i beat the game, might as well leave some final thoughts for the update
for a game you cranked out "when I feel like it" for the last month or two, I think 3 hours is a pretty good amount of content, and your characterization for Frisk and Clover was really impressive.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

unfortunately, now I don't think I'll be able to stomach doing anything to their souls, and I get the impression being an emotionless drone would be an improvement on the evil path
I'm really glad you enjoyed the characters! My main worry of the update was the backstories not landing the way I wanted them to or coming off as forced.

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
i was gonna say "oh there's 0 new scenes" but it seems it's just because i don't do the evil route because i'm a huge coward that can't stomach spiking antidepressants (on a side note, the evil route feels right in line with deltarune's weird route in writing, and in general the writing is stellar)
like, i wanna see new stuff but i don wanna do et
If doing the evil route is uncomfortable, then I've succeeded. It's not for everyone and I tried my hardest to have it mimic the weird routes way of making the player feel like a bastard.

Mar 11, 2021
speaking of story, where could things go from here? I get a strong feeling that level 5 is going to be the max level we'll get with the girls, so that's gotta mean expanding the harem. Maybe Noelle next?

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
speaking of story, where could things go from here? I get a strong feeling that level 5 is going to be the max level we'll get with the girls, so that's gotta mean expanding the harem. Maybe Noelle next?
You are correct, LVL 5 is the final control level for the girls.
I'm undecided about what the next update should be about, so I'll hold a poll here in a day or 2 to see what folks want.

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
Alright, a new patch is out. This will likely be the final patch for this update, unless another softlock is found.
(Side note: If you have run into the softlock that this patch fixes, Doggo has been added to the road where the hospital, police station, and librarby are.)

JuanokuG4

Dec 26, 2018
i don't know how hard this is to make, but I've seen a bunch of rpgmaker games have keyboard rebinding as an option. Do you think that could be added in a future update?

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
i don't know how hard this is to make, but I've seen a bunch of rpgmaker games have keyboard rebinding as an option. Do you think that could be added in a future update?
I've never considered that, but maybe. It depends on how hard it would be. I rely mostly on Plugins for the more complex stuff in the game, so I'll see if it's possible.
UPDATE: Unfortunately, doesn't look like it will work. Button remapping plugins either limit functions to just 1 button per function, or mess with the commands I've made for certain buttons (Like cancel to talk to a follower). Sorry to say, but It looks like it won't be possible.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JuanokuG4

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
If you're referring to the start. The save button is disabled until you have at least 1 control LVL on Frisk. This is intentional and happens on both Mac and Windows.

Realbeetle29

Apr 25, 2022
I've been softlocked out of Asriel's lvl3 because i already had the oranges, it says i haven't used the blender and i've tried interacting with it again and talking to frisk at night as the next objective says but she only gives me her normal dialog in her room

YetAnotherAnon99

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2023
I've been softlocked out of Asriel's lvl3 because i already had the oranges, it says i haven't used the blender and i've tried interacting with it again and talking to frisk at night as the next objective says but she only gives me her normal dialog in her room
I may have to simplify this part of the quest in the future, looks a tad too buggy as it is now.
In the meantime, have you tried doing the following:
Enter the forrest before interacting with the blender (Yes, even if you already have the oranges, this step is still necessary [I think].)
P.S: I think I've found a solution: Do the quest as normal, but do it at night, do NOT exit the house once you use the microwave.

Last edited:

Realbeetle29

Apr 25, 2022
I may have to simplify this part of the quest in the future, looks a tad too buggy as it is now.
In the meantime, have you tried doing the following:
Enter the forrest before interacting with the blender (Yes, even if you already have the oranges, this step is still necessary [I think].)
P.S: I think I've found a solution: Do the quest as normal, but do it at night.
Unfortunately I tend to keep one save file and saved over past the point of interacting with the blender although i will keep this information in mind because i don't mind starting a new save. Grinding isn't all too bad i suppose.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes