VN Ren'Py Unforeseen Ascent - Preview [Imminent launch]

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm developing my first "actual" game and I almost finished the first release (launch this WE if everything is good) so i'm making this thread to presents on what I worked those last months, to discuss about what you think about the game and to answer your questions if there are any (that will also allow me to make a FAQ for the release).
banniere_final.jpg

Unforeseen Ascent is a huge Trainer Game/Dating Sim/Visual Novel's project.

Overview:

An ordinary world populated by normal people, or perhaps it's only in appearance?
A banal man with a boring life, or maybe it has not started yet?
Embody this man and take charge of your future.

Younger, you grew up in an orphanage, nowadays, you're a student who lives a normal life... but that will not last. Strange things start to happen around you, a childhood friend who has disappeared under mysterious circumstances recontacts you and brings with her problems that will disturb your life.
What the hell is going on? That's the first question you will have to answer.​

Language: English, French
Genre: 3DCG, Trainer, Dating Sim, Romance, Sandbox, Management, School setting, Sci-fi, Incest, Bdsm, Blackmail, Corruption, Exhibitionism, Slave, Voyeurism

There will also be Vaginal/Anal Sex, Sex Toys, Spanking, Sleep Sex, Virgin, Teasing, Titfuck, Groping and I have probably forgotten some but add them above seems like spam to me, maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, so to give a little more informations about the genres.

Trainer:
The main genre of UA. You will surely notice similarities with Akabur's games and that's completely assumed because what I wanna do is not to copy/paste his concept but scale it to another level and put it in a more complex environment.

Dating Sim/Romance:
The second main genre of UA. There are multiple ways to progress with a character, Romance is one of them.

Note:
Trainer & Dating Sim will coexist permanently, your choices are used to dermine where the cursor is between them.

Sandbox:
I would prefer the tag Open Word but it doesn't exist here.
You can walk freely to multiple places, each having exclusive events. To perfectly fit with this characteristic, the Plot has a non-linear structure so you will never feel like you have a precise sequence of events to follow to progress.

Management/School setting/Sci-fi:
Here are the tags that will explain the UA's World.
UA positions itself between a contemporary and a Sci-fi world. You will have to follow your routine in the contemporary world (which means to have a student life) AND explore the Sci-fi world to help your mysterious childhood friend, but perhaps the border between these two worlds is not as clear as you might think?

Incest:
Wat? Isn't the MC an orphan?
Well, Yes. But that's a bit more complex. You will understand when playing, I will just say for now that Alice (the blonde girl on the cover image) is your sister.
Some others characters are also involved into incest, but that's all I'm gonna say.

I don't know what else to say so I will finish by saying that you can know everything about the game on its and on my .

The website contains an "Update Tracker" Page which show you the progression of the next update and as you can see:

update tracker demo.png

The launch is actually imminent.

Here are some screenshots (I'm not sure how the attachment system works, maybe that's not necessarily).

1_cp.jpg 2_cp.jpg 3_cp.jpg 4_cp.jpg 5_cp.jpg 6_cp.jpg 7_cp.jpg 8_cp.jpg 9_cp.jpg 10_cp.jpg 11_cp.jpg 12_cp.jpg 13_cp.jpg 14_cp.jpg 15_cp.jpg

I would like to discuss about what you think of this presentation, so, anything to say?

t77

Apr 18, 2017
Looks Interesting, it seems you have put a lot thought into this. With the previews and the information that you have provided. makes me want to play this game right away. I hope that you make the game you want and don't burn yourself out in the process of making this.

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Looks good & nice. i like loli's.. petites, small tits.. :love:
Haha thanks!
As you can see, I tried to give each character an unique body shape. Just on the cover image you can already see (left to right) a pretty curvy girl, a petite, an average girl and an athletic girl (small tits huge butt).

To be honest I was hesitant on this point considering a large part of games have a bimbo shape/height on each of their characters, but, hey, I'm also a teen fan and I don't wanna make a game I will not like so let's assume our fetishs!

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Looks Interesting, it seems you have put a lot thought into this. With the previews and the information that you have provided. makes me want to play this game right away. I hope that you make the game you want and don't burn yourself out in the process of making this.
Thanks!
I wanted to guarantee that the mechanics that I propose are not promises in the wind, that's why I spent a lot of time on the structural part of the code to be sure to have something sufficiently strong and malleable to easily integrate updates.

Also, knowing that I'm a computer science student, I really love making this game!

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
That redhead is really beautiful though, I already have a route planned for being loyal unless the harem is a very important game mechanic/scenario if so redhead will probably have the most affection or whatever its equal is in this game and no corruption.

Also nice to see varying body types which doesn't go overboard (unrealistically curvy and small loli bodies) like some other games.

Can't wait to see the in-game mechanics. Really looking forward to try it.

Last edited:

AdliQuiBoit

Feb 21, 2019
Usually I'm not into sandbox games but the renders look nice and there's a good looking redhead sooo I think I'll try it anyways.

Bonne chance pour la suite !

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
That redhead is really beautiful though, I already have a route planned for being loyal unless the harem is a very important game mechanic/scenario if so redhead will probably have the most affection or whatever its equal is in this game and no corruption.

Also nice to see varying body types which doesn't go overboard (unrealistically curvy and small loli bodies) like some other games.

Can't wait to see the in-game mechanics. Really looking forward to try it.
If by harem you mean having a relationship with all the characters then yes, that's very important. You will be able to focus the romance things on one character if that's what you want but you will still have to progress with each girl with the others paths because as I say on my patreon page :
Note: You're character has his own personality which will evolve according to what he lives so don't worry if you feel that he doesn't fit the genre in the beginning, it has been done on purpose.
To be more clear, the MC will not be able to overcome what will happen if he doesn't change his mindset, the psychological part is very important.

Also, I didn't put the harem tag in the genre list because that's not going to be as simple, each character has it own daily life, it own goals and will interact with others by itself. Things aren't going to be as simple as "Hey, we love the same guy so let's share him".

Usually I'm not into sandbox games but the renders look nice and there's a good looking redhead sooo I think I'll try it anyways.

Bonne chance pour la suite !
I understand what you mean, there are a lot of sandbox devs who throw you into their game without any indication or the game is just a VN with a grind feast.
I will do my best to avoid this with some integrations:
- As long as you read the dialogues, you shouldn't be lost.
- All the content available is marked, you will always know when you reach the end of something.
- Complex tasks have a guide to help you (it's the interrogation point on the HUD on the screenshots).
- Repetitive tasks will be provided with different content to avoid the grinding feeling. However, this content will be absent in the Alpha 1.0, that's why instead the MC will start with more money than he sould have.

Merci!

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Any info on if this project is still active? Game version etc?
I like every model i see here, but the fact that this thead is this sparsley updated leads me to the assumption its not very frequently updated with new content?