Mod Ren'Py Uni hints and tweaks mod [v0.1] [rb813]

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Overview:
Adds hints about dialogue choices (focusing on corruption and accessing sexy scenes for now), and various little changes here and there. I made this for myself first and foremost, so it was really just things that I thought would make me enjoy the game more, but I figured I might as well share it here in case others would enjoy them as well. This is my first proper public mod, so go easy on me.​

Updated: 2022-02-18
Game/Creator: Uni /
Modder: rb813
Mod Version: v0.1
Game Version: v39.98b
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Since I'm pretty new to modding, I don't know all the tricks of the trade about how to make mods modular and compatible with later versions. I just copied whole scripts into the mod folder, which means if there's a new version of the game (newer than v39.98b) that changes scripts which I changed for the mod, you probably won't get the new content if the mod is installed (which could cause instability if filenames are changed or something like that). I'm not making any promises that I'll continue updating this mod, so if you want to use this mod, it would probably be best to hold onto a copy of the game v39.98b.

Download: - -

Mod01.png Mod02.png Mod04.png Mod03.png

AnonymousFel

Mar 10, 2020
I have a problem. I'm at day 22, and an error occurs when I go to school.

If it helps, I'm doing a "pure" route, and I just came back from Damien's date (accepted his proposal to be his GF)

Here's the txt file.

EDIT: Also, I dunno what this "mattbeatup" means, considering that I didn't call the Mafia on him... I did, however, meet him and his friend in their "rape" encouter, and chose to run.

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Does that happen immediately when you click on the school, or does an event start before you get the error? If the latter, tell me the exact dialogue that happens right before the error; it's the easiest way for me to find that event. If the former, try pressing Shift-O to open the console (that should be enabled if the mod is active, I'm assuming you're posting here because you're using the mod) before you get the error, enter $ mattbeatup = False into the console, and see if that fixes it.

AnonymousFel

Mar 10, 2020
The game shifts from the map to the classroom and then the error happens even before the first dialogue.

I'm also spamming shift-O and it's not working.

I'm also fairly certain that the mod was correctly installed, since the Stat Changes and Route Indicators appear in some options.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I'm also spamming shift-O and it's not working.
That's weird, I don't know why it wouldn't work. Would it be possible for you to open up the options.rpy file in the mod folder and tell me whether config.console is set to true or false? It should be right near the top.

In my personal copy of the game, I just overwrote files, I don't have them in a separate mod folder. Maybe some scripts go to the one in the mod folder first, and others don't. If you want, I can upload the standalone modded game (the full game folder with all the files, not just some scripts in a mod folder), and then you can put your savegames in that and see if you still get an error.

sappicprince

Aug 13, 2019
Not sure if you're still looking at this mod but while the switch from bakery to cafe definitely switches the jobs it doesn't appear to allow you any of the events

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Not sure if you're still looking at this mod but while the switch from bakery to cafe definitely switches the jobs it doesn't appear to allow you any of the events
Afraid I haven't thought about this in a while, and I never got far enough in my own playtest of it to reach that point. Sorry. :(

If you have any experience with Renpy, or are motivated enough to learn so you can figure out how to fix this, I can give you some general pointers about what to look for.