[R>Composer] Share (Unity) Faith Bringer // Need a composer.

NikoIkleos

May 15, 2020
Project:
Name of the game - Faith Bringer, it's a Role-playing, social simulation game with somehow unique gameplay. The player will be able to explore a huge place called "Path of remorse" to prevent the inevitable, engage in battles with an interesting combat system, meet girls and other characters and influence their stories. (like a persona, eh?) The game is currently at a fairly early stage of development, and we want to start working on music and sound, so that the game has a really good audio.

Developer:
My name is Nikolay, I'm from Lithuania. In this project i taking care of: Art, Story, Gameplay, Writing and other stuff that others' can't do.
My friend and programmer - Gleb, working with all the sh$t that unity offers.

Looking for:
Composer

Preferred method of contact:
Discord: gery715
Here

Job Description:
The game needs a sound, for now we use a lot of music from other games as a placeholder and example, and it needs to be changed. We want to give the game a "voice". We don't set huge boundaries in terms of music, if a certain genre fits better in a certain situation, it probably really does.

Some Screenshots and stuff
JKqfOmPgVMQ.jpg Faith_Bringer_cJRTXggeg3.png 5M4ZnfT_KZU.jpg ezgif_com-gif-maker_1.gif ezgif.com-optimize.gif Livius.png maZcrxmq2-A.jpg

Last edited:

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Hey hey, the download is asking for password to unzip : )

yuyutsu

Mar 31, 2019
I have worked with unity in the past making basic arcade games but nothing big. I am interested and would like to Collab on this project with you. If you don't mind an amateur, dm me.

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
You should give more details about the combat system. The art is good and I think it would work well for a less complex game.

NikoIkleos

May 15, 2020
You should give more details about the combat system. The art is good and I think it would work well for a less complex game.
Didn't want to burden the text too much. Furthermore, i'm constantly trying to improve my skill as an artist, i may not be as talented as others, but i put a lot of work into it and hope i don't drag others down with me.

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I'm a bit focused on my own project, but I feel ya, sorry to hear about the struggles.

Besides the fact that every aspect of game making is a lot of work, it sounds like programming is posing the biggest hurdle for you right now. I've been a C# programmer for nearly a decade, and have no issue coding custom architecture for complex systems. I'm not as in depth with unity's inner workings as I would like to be, as I don't make games as frequent as I would like to. For me the biggest pain isn't programming or art, its just dealing with unity and any unity addons (ie having to learn a new API for some dialog box addon).

I would be interested to hear about what concerns you are having with regards to code, what has brought you here to seek help? I'm not afraid of reading walls of text, I write essays on this site all the time. Some information that will help is describing what kind of programming you can do. Are you familiar with the systems enough that you could do a technical write up of each, describing what is needed or how each system is incomplete or falling short? Or maybe you are able to get things working, but not yet comfortable with going into the original code and changing how it should work, and what you need is for another set of eyes to give it a thorough look?

In any case, what you may want to do (if you haven't already) is move the project to a shared Plastic SCM (this is the new way unity allows for group collaboration). The two main features is that: 1 two people can work on it at the same time and then merge their work together when ready (no need to manually share zip files), and 2 if you are not comfortable with people changing the code too much (such as if a system needs an architectural redesign, but you want to keep the original system for 'reasons'), Plastic SCM allows you to revert an undo every and all changes to different previous save states of the project.

Again, I may be more focused on my own project, but I may be available to consult code depending on your needs.

Reactions: NikoIkleos

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
Depending on the type of game.. based on the screenshots you might be better off with something like RPGMaker.

Coming from a developer who primarily works in Unity. Making a game, even the most simplistic one requires a ton of effort even get the most basic scaffolding in place.

In RPGMaker with zero programming talents you could take things a long way and have a dev jump in to sort out the few things that require more technical skills.

Without more information on the type of the game (I'm just guessing based on the pictures) it's an open question if RPGM is enough or not - but it can help you to work faster and iterate much more quickly.. as long as there's no game breaking limitations in the engine.

NikoIkleos

May 15, 2020
Depending on the type of game.. based on the screenshots you might be better off with something like RPGMaker.

Coming from a developer who primarily works in Unity. Making a game, even the most simplistic one requires a ton of effort even get the most basic scaffolding in place.

In RPGMaker with zero programming talents you could take things a long way and have a dev jump in to sort out the few things that require more technical skills.

Without more information on the type of the game (I'm just guessing based on the pictures) it's an open question if RPGM is enough or not - but it can help you to work faster and iterate much more quickly.. as long as there's no game breaking limitations in the engine.
That's true, but I'm pretty convinced that rpgmaker won't be enough. The game may seem pretty simple for now, but the further development goes (if it goes) the more complex things will be added.

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
That's true, but I'm pretty convinced that rpgmaker won't be enough. The game may seem pretty simple for now, but the further development goes (if it goes) the more complex things will be added.
You would have to be more specific.
RPGMaker can be extended quite a bit through plugins.. You can stretch it to do a lot.. but it also has hard stop limitations.

Unity is my favorite engine but if your goal is get a game released and you've constantly had projects stop and start.. and your suffering from lack of developers / lots of bugs / a potential rewrite..

I think it's important to stop thinking "Well what if in the future..." and think more about "How can I iterate and get a vertical slice delivered now?" A trap for game developers & developers in general is over designing solutions to problems you don't have yet.

How solid is your game concept. Do you know what you want?
If your changing your mind every 10 minutes on the game you want to make. You have a high chance of failure.

NikoIkleos

May 15, 2020
You would have to be more specific.
RPGMaker can be extended quite a bit through plugins.. You can stretch it to do a lot.. but it also has hard stop limitations.

Unity is my favorite engine but if your goal is get a game released and you've constantly had projects stop and start.. and your suffering from lack of developers / lots of bugs / a potential rewrite..

I think it's important to stop thinking "Well what if in the future..." and think more about "How can I iterate and get a vertical slice delivered now?" A trap for game developers & developers in general is over designing solutions to problems you don't have yet.

How solid is your game concept. Do you know what you want?
If your changing your mind every 10 minutes on the game you want to make. You have a high chance of failure.
All my attempts didn't happen in a year, so no, I didn't have to close several projects in a row. Now I just need help with the aspects that I just can't do by myself. Yes, there are a couple of things I just haven't had time to finish, but I wouldn't call them bugs, and rewriting depends on the coding style of the person directly, if they think it's necessary, I won't mind. Our plan was to release a demo version, which would show the game, gain an audience and then supply the project with content updates. I also have an idea of the main plot and its events, as well as the gameplay. So I know exactly what the game should be at the end, and I'm pretty sure that this decision will not change. Of course, I don't want to say that some details won't change, but they do change in the process of any development.

ZheroGMR

Mar 20, 2022
Hello, I am a musician and composer, here you can review my work:
Since you do not specify it in the post, I would like to ask if the position for composer is paid or not

CupidsCrossbones

Apr 3, 2023
I'm rather experienced in Unity development.
I hate to ask, but is this a paid position? I'm afraid I'm currently only looking for such.

BobeDole1345

Apr 27, 2020
I'm pretty experienced in C# and Unity Development.
Drop me a DM, I'd love to hear more about what needs working on