[R>Artist 3D] [R>Composer] [R>Programmer] [R>Voice] Unity Game Developer Looking for Team Members For The Adult Game

dadadies

Jun 6, 2023
Project:
The Adult Game - The game will strive to be the best adult game there is and free at the same time. It will be a simulator with adult features focusing on open relationship, progression, and storyline. The game is set to 3D but you can change the rendering to look 2D or any other style provided.

Developer:
dadadies - I am an independent game developer using Unity. I am the programmer and artist and designer.

Looking for:
I am looking for additional help mostly for a 'social' or brainstorming purpose for short term and long term. What I need the most is a programmer that is far more familiar with the Unity engine and the Unity library than me.

Employment Type:
I plan to compensate the team members but I am not sure how at the moment.

Work commitment:
Its up to you how you plan to work with the project.

Preferred method of contact:
I don't use any social platform other than email for now.

Job Description:
People who are interested in the game who want to contribute their time / ideas. Skill is secondary.

Additional comments:
I have been away from game development for a while, part of it is because of the recent AI distractions. So I am just today, officially trying to get back into game development. And this time I'm going for an adult game and with team members. The previous game I was working on is still active and I will be using a lot of the code base from it - which already include parts of the player control and actions, AI actions, stats, relationship, etc. For this game itself I don't have any content for it yet to show at the moment.

Last edited:

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
The Adult Game - The game will strive to be the best adult game there is and free at the same time. It will not focus on one theme or idea but instead allow the user to define it. So its not limited to a farm or island and so on. The game is however set to 3D. You can change the rendering so it looks 2D if that is your preference.
Is it gonna be MMO as well?

dadadies

Jun 6, 2023
Is there any other way i can contact you? like discord or something
Anything other than discord. Generally I tend to stay away from anything that requires a phone number or my soul. Iv used Matrix / Elment before but it seems very clunky. Thats the only thing iv used in a long time. Please do get in contact with me though and suggest communication methods. I have been cleaning up an older game of mine restructuring the overall code and getting ready to transition to The Adult Game.

dadadies

Jun 6, 2023
Is it gonna be MMO as well?
MMO is not a feature I am focused on. But it could simply be added to the game somewhere along the way. Especially by someone with more experience with networking and the overall 'infrastructure' necessary for a MMO to work smoothy. I am sure its also super maintenance heavy and possibly very costly especially for a bigger MMO game. I know you were joking. But although i am not focused on it, its actually on the list, but at the very end.

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
MMO is not a feature I am focused on. But it could simply be added to the game somewhere along the way. Especially by someone with more experience with networking and the overall 'infrastructure' necessary for a MMO to work smoothy. I am sure its also super maintenance heavy and possibly very costly especially for a bigger MMO game. I know you were joking. But although i am not focused on it, its actually on the list, but at the very end.
I know they were joking about the MMO thing...but the way you seem to consider it as just some feature that can be added on is fundamentally offputting. That kind of thing you need to work for from the very beginnings of the design document, and get it working before much content is made. It takes a large team of experienced developers to not only program it to work, but also design the game that the multiplayer aspects actually fit in with everything else.

MMO aside, the main reason I imagine they made the joke in the first place is that you are heavily implying the game has no direction in its design, other than claiming that it should be the best at everything (and free).

Freely changing rendering from 3D to 2D would require at least 50% more work for the artist and game designer (especially level design). This isn't something that's unheard of, and you can definitely make it easier by having it be 3D and 2.5D instead.

As for what jobs it sounds like you're trying to hire...you want a programmer mostly for the deep under-the-hood engine optimization stuff, and then you want other game designers on board for ideas and presumably to split the workload? I imagine that means you're either doing all the modeling and animations yourself, or you already have someone for that?

Just wondering what exactly you are recruiting for, and what abilities the potential recruits would need to have, as the OP is very vague about what the project even is and what work you are hiring for.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Winterfire

dadadies

Jun 6, 2023
I know they were joking about the MMO thing...but the way you seem to consider it as just some feature that can be added on is fundamentally offputting. That kind of thing you need to work for from the very beginnings of the design document, and get it working before much content is made. It takes a large team of experienced developers to not only program it to work, but also design the game that the multiplayer aspects actually fit in with everything else.

MMO aside, the main reason I imagine they made the joke in the first place is that you are heavily implying the game has no direction in its design, other than claiming that it should be the best at everything (and free).

Freely changing rendering from 3D to 2D would require at least 50% more work for the artist and game designer (especially level design). This isn't something that's unheard of, and you can definitely make it easier by having it be 3D and 2.5D instead.

As for what jobs it sounds like you're trying to hire...you want a programmer mostly for the deep under-the-hood engine optimization stuff, and then you want other game designers on board for ideas and presumably to split the workload? I imagine that means you're either doing all the modeling and animations yourself, or you already have someone for that?

Just wondering what exactly you are recruiting for, and what abilities the potential recruits would need to have, as the OP is very vague about what the project even is and what work you are hiring for.
Its mostly for community involvement just to offload some work and get things going faster. So yes it is a bit open in what I'm looking for. Skill wise everything is fine. But still its a lot of work to go from one specialized field to another. The greatest help would be another programmer.

Once I get the game into a more presentable state with more info, ill probably actively look for team members again. For now I'm taking it slow as I'm still cleaning up an older game whenever i have free time to game dev.

Last edited:

Musashi777

Mar 20, 2018
Project:
The Adult Game - The game will strive to be the best adult game there is and free at the same time. It will be a simulator with adult features focusing on open relationship, progression, and storyline. The game is set to 3D but you can change the rendering to look 2D or any other style provided.
MMO is not a feature I am focused on. But it could simply be added to the game somewhere along the way.
You have no Idea how making a game works, this is dead in the water.