Request Unity Unity Soft Body Penetration and Collision?

PonyTales

Aug 1, 2020
Ive been trying to get something like soft body or jelly physics to work in Unity in a sex game type of application, but i can't seem to get the collision/mesh deforming to work right. I've tried Megafiers, Obi SoftBody 5, Dynamic Bones, and a script called jigglebones. Obi is a bit too complicated, megafiers just makes my models invisible, and with dynamic bones and jigglebones even though i get the rubber effect, i can't seem to get the collision to work at all. I'd like to have something like VAM's physics and collision, but when i search for a tutorial or guide all i get is car dents and bullet holes. Is there an easy trick to simulate what VAM is doing? or is it some complex script? i'm at a complete loss as to where to even start learning how that kind of soft body collision and penetration is being done.

Does anyone know how i can pick up some pointers for all this?

(I'm using Unity 2019.3.8f1 ...reason being i have a VR tutorial that uses that version)

Last edited:

Dark Erotic 3D

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2021
Ive been trying to get something like soft body or jelly physics to work in Unity in a sex game type of application, but i can't seem to get the collision/mesh deforming to work right. I've tried Megafiers, Obi SoftBody 5, Dynamic Bones, and a script called jigglebones. Obi is a bit too complicated, megafiers just makes my models invisible, and with dynamic bones and jigglebones even though i get the rubber effect, i can't seem to get the collision to work at all. I'd like to have something like VAM's physics and collision, but when i search for a tutorial or guide all i get is car dents and bullet holes. Is there an easy trick to simulate what VAM is doing? or is it some complex script? i'm at a complete loss as to where to even start learning how that kind of soft body collision and penetration is being done.

Does anyone know how i can pick up some pointers for all this?

(I'm using Unity 2019.3.8f1 ...reason being i have a VR tutorial that uses that version)
I've been trying to do a similar thing in Unreal Engine 4. The VAM stuff is amazing but I'd like to make a 1st/3rd person game rather than a sex simulator. I also tried to use something called jigglebones in Blender but I thought its effects couldn't be exported to the UE4 game engine? I'm not a programmer so I can only guess how VAM is scripted.. I'm currently still modelling a new character in Blender so it may be a while before I get to importing her into my game. But let's keep this thread going and maybe we'll figure it out. Anyone else have any advice?

pajamapanda

May 10, 2020
The VAM stuff is amazing but I'd like to make a 1st/3rd person game rather than a sex simulator.

I also tried to use something called jigglebones in Blender but I thought its effects couldn't be exported to the UE4 game engine?

Anyone else have any advice?
I wrote two other responses to a total of probably 6 pages in rambling advice before realizing a simpler approach. First, I am also a beginner struggling with this but here is how I'm thinking about the problem:

Of course it's great to get something like this working (meaning full penetration, characters fucking, the usual) but it's really a waste of time to go through a million hoops and hurdles just for Jack and Jill to really bang out a loop of doggystyle. Especially when the satisfaction fades and I or you realize, this isn't a game, I just spent three weeks building not even a sex simulator, building a scene. I'm overexaggerating a bit but...

There has to be some sort of system. Sure you can get away with more if all of your characters are using the same skeleton but even then, different chest size or amount of body fat, we can easily come up with a full page of variables that will change the way the physics behaves. So we need to get the computer, the game engine specifically, to do that impossible amount of consideration for us -- by designing a more generalized system. We don't care what the 'specs' are for Becky, Sarah, Natalie, and Rachel, our code and game design should just incorporate whatever those 'specs' are and continue moving through the code. I am not familiar with Unity but I know a little bit about Unreal and your character has a capsule component specifically to keep the mesh triangulation from getting messed up (like when VaM characters explode and fly everywhere). I'm still learning and working on this too, maybe there's an easier way, I'm sure there is. But somehow that pointy male appendage cannot be restricted by the man's capsule or the woman's, which at the very least we could hard code as some sort of override but that's worthless if it's breaking the meshes, creating memory leaks, and crashing your game or hindering performance. So assuming we can negate the capsule component restrictions, I would consider the possibility of needing to protect the female mesh with some other limiting volume in the vagina so that in the very least you've still set a limitation on where the dick can go, therefore if it glitches and would ping-pong it's way to a bigger problem (again, think VaM), then at least now you've set additional limitations on the dick. Get the dick transform with a collision volume trigger and control the horizontal position of labia and vagina with the dick location and very stringent ranges so that things aren't opening when they shouldn't. To try and be more clear, write some sort of function as a part of the collision trigger that tells the left and right bones of the labia and vagina to change position away from the dick as a function of the shape and have the left and right sides 'mirror' each other while overall responding to the dick location. So if the dick goes up down left or right the opening changes in response. I've also seen (for Blender, but it would work in game engines) for body collision, you actually have the man collide with some small, invisible shape which you give the relevant properties to get the effect you need, for the woman's reactive motion to the impact you can parent things to the invisible shape, but it's probably easier to have a shape that has constraints/limits on it's position but isn't entirely static, collide with that shape to keep the character meshes from interfering, and map the woman's physical response and movement to the attributes you give this other shape (imagine a thrust, small cube get's hit and moves away but returns to it's position as the man is back again).

Rambling a little bit but I'm just as confused and struggling to figure all this out. There's always another way to do something in these engines and in code so even if I'm not wrong there's got to be an easier way but that's as far as I understand this when it comes to Unreal or maybe Unity. I know a bit in terms of Blender but it's entirely different. Hope this helps!

~pajamapanda

Edit: Some Youtube links that might help, researching this right now

^this would be a way to make the skin on skin deformation of the collision, just have the collision deformation only take place relative to the colliding character's position so that it reverses and you don't.. literally.. smash her..

^a Blender tutorial on visualizing soft body collisions of the type we're looking for, play around in the game engine to try and reproduce the effect

^I haven't watched this yet but there's probably some good info on how to organize some of the global concepts we'll need and also appears to cover the interrelation of hard and soft collisions (like the force of the sex impact constrained by the friction of her back on a bed or table simultaneously)

^breast physics simulation tutorial, there's always another way but again, closer to our specific goal

^more global/general approach to making a mesh 'soft' at all, use volumes or reference bones specifically and have them behave 'soft' on collision and go back to a more rigid but human state post-collision as a way of introducing a more natural constraint.. just an idea, probably not efficient but, idk

^facial expression morph targets for that sweet, sweet O face lol

there's more of course but idk, start there I'll keep looking

Last edited:

Dark Erotic 3D

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2021
I wrote two other responses to a total of probably 6 pages in rambling advice before realizing a simpler approach. First, I am also a beginner struggling with this but here is how I'm thinking about the problem:

Of course it's great to get something like this working (meaning full penetration, characters fucking, the usual) but it's really a waste of time to go through a million hoops and hurdles just for Jack and Jill to really bang out a loop of doggystyle. Especially when the satisfaction fades and I or you realize, this isn't a game, I just spent three weeks building not even a sex simulator, building a scene. I'm overexaggerating a bit but...

There has to be some sort of system. Sure you can get away with more if all of your characters are using the same skeleton but even then, different chest size or amount of body fat, we can easily come up with a full page of variables that will change the way the physics behaves. So we need to get the computer, the game engine specifically, to do that impossible amount of consideration for us -- by designing a more generalized system. We don't care what the 'specs' are for Becky, Sarah, Natalie, and Rachel, our code and game design should just incorporate whatever those 'specs' are and continue moving through the code. I am not familiar with Unity but I know a little bit about Unreal and your character has a capsule component specifically to keep the mesh triangulation from getting messed up (like when VaM characters explode and fly everywhere). I'm still learning and working on this too, maybe there's an easier way, I'm sure there is. But somehow that pointy male appendage cannot be restricted by the man's capsule or the woman's, which at the very least we could hard code as some sort of override but that's worthless if it's breaking the meshes, creating memory leaks, and crashing your game or hindering performance. So assuming we can negate the capsule component restrictions, I would consider the possibility of needing to protect the female mesh with some other limiting volume in the vagina so that in the very least you've still set a limitation on where the dick can go, therefore if it glitches and would ping-pong it's way to a bigger problem (again, think VaM), then at least now you've set additional limitations on the dick. Get the dick transform with a collision volume trigger and control the horizontal position of labia and vagina with the dick location and very stringent ranges so that things aren't opening when they shouldn't. To try and be more clear, write some sort of function as a part of the collision trigger that tells the left and right bones of the labia and vagina to change position away from the dick as a function of the shape and have the left and right sides 'mirror' each other while overall responding to the dick location. So if the dick goes up down left or right the opening changes in response. I've also seen (for Blender, but it would work in game engines) for body collision, you actually have the man collide with some small, invisible shape which you give the relevant properties to get the effect you need, for the woman's reactive motion to the impact you can parent things to the invisible shape, but it's probably easier to have a shape that has constraints/limits on it's position but isn't entirely static, collide with that shape to keep the character meshes from interfering, and map the woman's physical response and movement to the attributes you give this other shape (imagine a thrust, small cube get's hit and moves away but returns to it's position as the man is back again).

Rambling a little bit but I'm just as confused and struggling to figure all this out. There's always another way to do something in these engines and in code so even if I'm not wrong there's got to be an easier way but that's as far as I understand this when it comes to Unreal or maybe Unity. I know a bit in terms of Blender but it's entirely different. Hope this helps!

~pajamapanda

Edit: Some Youtube links that might help, researching this right now

^this would be a way to make the skin on skin deformation of the collision, just have the collision deformation only take place relative to the colliding character's position so that it reverses and you don't.. literally.. smash her..

^a Blender tutorial on visualizing soft body collisions of the type we're looking for, play around in the game engine to try and reproduce the effect

^I haven't watched this yet but there's probably some good info on how to organize some of the global concepts we'll need and also appears to cover the interrelation of hard and soft collisions (like the force of the sex impact constrained by the friction of her back on a bed or table simultaneously)

^breast physics simulation tutorial, there's always another way but again, closer to our specific goal

^more global/general approach to making a mesh 'soft' at all, use volumes or reference bones specifically and have them behave 'soft' on collision and go back to a more rigid but human state post-collision as a way of introducing a more natural constraint.. just an idea, probably not efficient but, idk

^facial expression morph targets for that sweet, sweet O face lol

there's more of course but idk, start there I'll keep looking
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I watch these videos, do some testing and let you know what I discover.

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
Sawry 4 reviving dead thread but I need help 2. >w<
Theres another
4 belly budges as well but could never get blender 2 work with it. Owo

I need help on make my character mar realistic. X3

May 19, 2022
Let me revive it again with something that actually addresses the original topic.

Check out this

He has both a jiggle bones system for boobies and a full on soft penetration system with good guides available. There's also an example game project using both of these available with the only catch being that you have to look at weird anthro dragon creatures.

Tbh I've been wanting to mess around with these repos but I'm focused on learning ue and don't want to mess around with learning unity animation on the side. I'm very tempted though because this can be injected with bepin ex in theory

Reactions: AlternateDreams