Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

ActuallyArma

Sep 7, 2020
I think I'm misunderstanding how Freezing a variable works, or perhaps the game I'm attempting to freeze a variable doesn't care about it (Maybe both?).

When selecting a variable from The Daily Life of the Pan Hero, in this case timePeriod, it still increases despite having been frozen. I thought that by freezing it (let's say at 0) that it would prevent the game from increasing it if I were to do something that'd normally increase it. Or did I misunderstand what it meant in the tooltip for Freeze?

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
You quoted the answer to your question :p
I am confused with your reply. I thought urm had gallery unlocker. But in DMD (DATING MY DAUGHTER) 1st chapter I could not find the rewards(the photos). But using universal gallery unlocker it unlocked them but there was an error (when using both urm and ugu) so I had to refrain from using it. That is the reason of my query. I can watch or jump to scenes but could not unlock the rewards (named gallery).

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Not working for Forks but working for RoyaleHarem. Thanks
Please provide some details, what's exctually happening, do you get an error?
See:
Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • Are you using the latest version of URM?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?
I think I'm misunderstanding how Freezing a variable works, or perhaps the game I'm attempting to freeze a variable doesn't care about it (Maybe both?).

When selecting a variable from The Daily Life of the Pan Hero, in this case timePeriod, it still increases despite having been frozen. I thought that by freezing it (let's say at 0) that it would prevent the game from increasing it if I were to do something that'd normally increase it. Or did I misunderstand what it meant in the tooltip for Freeze?
There are some unique cases where a frozen value can still change. There are plans on rewriting freezing a different way

I am confused with your reply. I thought urm had gallery unlocker. But in DMD (DATING MY DAUGHTER) 1st chapter I could not find the rewards(the photos). But using universal gallery unlocker it unlocked them but there was an error (when using both urm and ugu) so I had to refrain from using it. That is the reason of my query. I can watch or jump to scenes but could not unlock the rewards (named gallery).
The majority of games unlock gallery items bases on if the scenes have been seen. It would be possible to universally create something for this. But there are also quite some exceptions which will not work.
It's on the wishlist ;)

Chuck's fuck

Dec 28, 2022
Please provide some details, what's exctually happening, do you get an error?
See:

There are some unique cases where a frozen value can still change. There are plans on rewriting freezing a different way

The majority of games unlock gallery items bases on if the scenes have been seen. It would be possible to universally create something for this. But there are also quite some exceptions which will not work.
It's on the wishlist ;)
Nothing happens. Menu doesn't pop out at Alt+M and nothing really. Also how to hack Gallery with this?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Nothing happens. Menu doesn't pop out at Alt+M and nothing really. Also how to hack Gallery with this?
Check the log.txt file if there are any lines starting with "0x52:". If there are none, the mod file is in the wrong place.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
it is in game folder
But does the log.txt file contain lines starting with "0x52:"?

How to fix? Attack on Survey Corps
Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/API.rpyc.
Please supply some more information. See this:
Reporting an issue
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

Player-24

Jan 29, 2022
does this mod work for the game This Romantic World?

b/c when i put the mod into the game folder it doesnt open when i press alt + m and the log.txt file has
0x52: Mod loaded from archive

OnііChan

Nov 2, 2020

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
it is in game folder
Works fine on my side. If you still need help, please supply the information I've requested.

does this mod work for the game This Romantic World?

b/c when i put the mod into the game folder it doesnt open when i press alt + m and the log.txt file has
0x52: Mod loaded from archive
Works fine on my side. If you still need help, please report all needed information like requested in the post before yours.

• Yes
  • Attack on Survey Corps (https://f95zone.to/threads/attack-on-survey-corps-v0-14-2-astronut.93986/)
  • Place 0x52_URM.rpa to 'game' folder and start the game
  • While loading the script.Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/API.rpyc.
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC x64
  • No. Yes.
Thanks. It seems that the game is using a nightly build of Ren'Py. URM will not support those build, because those are meant for testing only and should not be used in production, because there's a great chance they will contain bugs.

Last edited:

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
Good morning! Guys, I have a problem here, I need guidance. I tried to install this tool normally in the game Corrupted Kingdoms and I couldn't start the game, it simply crashed, can anyone tell me why? And is it possible to get around this problem?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Good morning! Guys, I have a problem here, I need guidance. I tried to install this tool normally in the game Corrupted Kingdoms and I couldn't start the game, it simply crashed, can anyone tell me why? And is it possible to get around this problem?
See my previous post about the exact same issue:
Seems like it's something just for this game. When there are other games causing the same issue I will create a fix.

Reactions: Doom Marine

Pamlau

Dec 27, 2017
Is there any way to search for every label/scene without having to type anything? I'm trying to search get results that includes every scene but I'm forced to type anything in the search bar, like "a", but some scenes might not include the letter "a".

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there any way to search for every label/scene without having to type anything?
No, you have to at least type something.
But you can enable "Use Wildcard search" and then type "*" (asterix, without the quotation marks of course).

1698321423673.png

The latest Version of URM (1.15.2) does not seem to work with Summer is gone. It just does not start. Version 1.15.0 works fine though.
Did a quick test, it's running absolutely fine on my end, "Chapter 5 (Beta)" of the game with URM 1.15.2:

1698321528196.png 1698321540262.png 1698321552455.png

Have you tried to run the game without URM, to make sure your download isn't corrupted and you have correctly unpacked everything? If it's not working for you, please fill out the template for reporting an issue.

• What OS are you on?

• Red Heart
Reactions: 0x52 and Belzeebub$
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes