Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Would it be possible to allow copy/paste (e.g. through hotkeys?) in the input fields for the Renaming screen?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Is there a way to change the save location? As you mentioned before, it is a permissions issue. But what I don't understand, some games could save with problems but some not.
You cannot change the location, but see this (same issue):
Thank you. It looks like Renpy has issue with the location I chose for the game, I moved the app and now it works fine.
Would it be possible to allow copy/paste (e.g. through hotkeys?) in the input fields for the Renaming screen?
I've looked into this some time ago. The problem is that only newer Ren'Py versions (from 7.1 IIRC) support copy/paste.
But... the implementation for input fields drastically changed in URM. I'll look into this again, maybe I can create something within URM's inputs module :unsure:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
A small idea i had that might actually be a bloody large chunk of work (i wouldn't know, bugger all coding knowledge), was it'd be nice to set certain path flags to be ignored in the notifications, sometimes i'll be playing a game that has an incest patch and the dev has coded things up for the flag to be checked a million times in each scene and being able to have that flag ignored would make the notification area properly useful again in such games. It'd probably be best to add such an ignore feature to the notification itself so it'd already have the relevant variable in hand though adding the ability to manually input them in the settings screen would also make sense. Just an idea/feature request.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
I know this is not on your end, but the game ends.
but do u many know a way to get around this.
Capture.PNG

Its from this game:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-hard-way-v0-19-2-free-muffin-maker.74065/

Sorry if I asking to much, but I thought ad least try.

Never mind, don't bother this game creator is breaking the game it self bye putting anti mod / anti cheat in his game.
and to the point even breaking the game in the process so not going to take time to see if its a good game.
already deleted.

Thnx any way for this great mod, it helped me so much in many game's.
Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
A small idea i had that might actually be a bloody large chunk of work (i wouldn't know, bugger all coding knowledge), was it'd be nice to set certain path flags to be ignored in the notifications, sometimes i'll be playing a game that has an incest patch and the dev has coded things up for the flag to be checked a million times in each scene and being able to have that flag ignored would make the notification area properly useful again in such games. It'd probably be best to add such an ignore feature to the notification itself so it'd already have the relevant variable in hand though adding the ability to manually input them in the settings screen would also make sense. Just an idea/feature request.
I've put it on the wishlist ;)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
View attachment 2163393
Not really a big let off or a problem for me. But the gui seems to break if there are to many hidden options/paths. But it's super rare to come across something with this many hidden options anyways. But thought I would still point it out, because every bit of contribution/fixes done on this mod really makes me happy to see. It's the least I can do for a great work of art. (y) Sadly this is the only example I could find atm.
Seems to be a game specific thing. I've tested it and got a scrollbar (as expected)

Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 1.13 - Freeze & monitor variables + Touchscreen support

URM 1.13 is ready for you. The changes for this update are:

Freeze variables
Using this option you can freeze variables. Which means the value for this variable cannot be changed (only through URM)
At the moment you cannot freeze a variable from the search tab, you need to "remember" it first.

Monitor variables

When you monitor a variable, you will receive a notification the moment it changes.
Like with freezing you can currently only monitor variables from the "variables" tab

Touchscreen support
URM is now aware if it's loaded on a touch device. It will show a 0x52 logo that you can drag around and touch to open the URM window and it will take on-screen keyboards in mind.
You can also force enable this on non-touch devices through the options.
Also note, that most Android ports do not support mods yet.

Here's a video demonstrating freezing and monitoring variables:

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
Touchscreen support
URM is now aware if it's loaded on a touch device. It will show a 0x52 logo that you can drag around and touch to open the URM window
Can I disable this feature on mobile device, I don't like too many clutter on screen and use touch gesture to open URM window. Thank you for your great mod.

Nanja

Oct 3, 2020
How do you get updater to work?
I get to this (image), but when I click install, it says update completed. After that it says reloading and it loops brings me back to (image). This is only for some of my Ren'Py games. I have tried running the .exe's as admin, while turned on or off.

Update.png

Also, I have 750gb worth if Ren'Py games, is there a faster way to update all copies of the 0x52_URM.rpa.
Maybe there's an option, but I don't know if windows allows you to do this. I was hoping to search my Ren'Py folder for 0x52_URM.rpa and then replace them with a 1.13 version of 0x52_URM.rpa all that once?

EDIT: nvm, I found I could do it using command prompt in admin.

Code:
replace C:\0x52_URM.rpa C:\Users\joe\Documents\A\Games\f95zone.to\Ren'Py\ /s

Last edited:

Belzeebub

May 18, 2020

Freeze variables
Using this option you can freeze variables. Which means the value for this variable cannot be changed (only through URM)
At the moment you cannot freeze a variable from the search tab, you need to "remember" it first.

Monitor variables
When you monitor a variable, you will receive a notification the moment it changes.
Like with freezing you can currently only monitor variables from the "variables" tab

Touchscreen support
URM is now aware if it's loaded on a touch device. It will show a 0x52 logo that you can drag around and touch to open the URM window and it will take on-screen keyboards in mind.

Freeze and monitoring is not working in this game - 'cybernet seduction'. Thanks for the update Screenshot_20221211-230241.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Can I disable this feature on mobile device, I don't like too many clutter on screen and use touch gesture to open URM window. Thank you for your great mod.
I didn't offer the option to disable it on purpose, because you would need to press Alt+M to get it back and you might not be able to :)
Maybe you could help me here. I never play VNs on mobile. What could be a good gesture for URM?
Would drawing a U work (so down-right-up)? Or would this cause a conflict in some games?

What you could do for now:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Freeze and monitoring is not working in this game - 'cybernet seduction'. Thanks for the update View attachment 2228583
This is be design. It's because the type of variables you've selected.
For example with "mcp.money", the variable is "mcp" and "money" is a property of "mcp". Those work quite differently, but I might add support for those in a future release.

Last edited:
Reactions: dioregul

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
Maybe you could help me here. I never play VNs on mobile. What could be a good gesture for URM?
Would drawing a U work (so down-right-up)? Or would this cause a conflict in some games?
I play renpy games using joiplay on Android tablet using my custom script, maping "Alt+M" to
Python:
config.gestures['n_w'] = 'alt_K_m'

• Wow
Reactions: 0x52 and Belzeebub
Apr 1, 2018

Freeze variables

Monitor variables

Touchscreen support

Happy to see one of my requested features made it . Say I haven't had the time to check yet but will the monitor features also work for True/False variables? or is it only for numerical values? and stay like that?

Edit: Also if Im not asking to much freeze feature for True/False variables? or nah that's a stretch.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018

Freeze variables

Monitor variables

Touchscreen support

Looking good on Android, got two options to open URM now Screenshot_20221212_191344_space.corps.xxx.jpg

Belzeebub

May 18, 2020
Happy to see one of my requested features made it . Say I haven't had the time to check yet but will the monitor features also work for True/False variables? or is it only for numerical values? and stay like that?

Edit: Also if Im not asking to much freeze feature for True/False variables? or nah that's a stretch.
I have tried it. And yes they work in true/false variables too. But it needs further improvements. (I know they will come in future updates)

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
When editing values on a page with a lot of values you still can't get to the ones down the bottom, I might put my existing edit in there.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
When editing values on a page with a lot of values you still can't get to the ones down the bottom, I might put my existing edit in there.
The keyboard shouldn't be there. I don't see a cursor in the search field, so I don't understand why the keyboard is showing?! :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes