Mod - Ren'Py - Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jonte555

Great tool makes you feel invincible when you increase
    Stats in games that require certain requirements

It is essential for any user

Just go to android data and then files
    Then create a game folder then voilla stats change

I will support them once I get a job
  2. 5.00 star(s)

mime95

This tool is seriously amazingly well made. The developer does great work with this tool. I use this all the time to debug the projects I'm working, it makes it easy to manipulate values on-the-fly and check all the choices, paths, etc. in the games.

Obviously, you can use this to check the data on a lot of games. I like using it to see if there's a hidden path I didn't know exists.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Gwiffin

Inclusion of this mod is standard practice for me. Life saver in many ways. The only way I'll play a game without this is if it doesn't support it (0.01% of games). The mod offers extremely useful features that enable cheating in certain games, reveal options that would otherwise remain hidden unless you replay the game, and allow for freezing or saving variables, among other functionalities like being able to see replay scenes in 95% of games.

I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5, with the only complaint being that occasionally some variables aren't freezable, and as someone who isn't a coder, I don't understand why that is. For example, freezing a certain character's ''Lust'' is doable, while another's isn't, even though you can edit the variable.

Great work!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Smrdgy

Can't play without it. A life saver for any games that sometimes refuse to work properly. And a time saver for any overdesigned/grindy games.
    It would be better if it was open-source so I could do some personal tweaks without the bother of unpacking, decompiling and fixing the decompiled code, but I do get that it was a business decision. Anyway thanks 0x52 for this awesome tool!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Doom Marine

Someone call an ambulance, but not for me!

The Universal Ren'py mod is the ultimate renpy engine tool, that enables the vast majority of features of a custom game mod, but with any game by default and no worries about interruptions between game updates.

I was used to the online save tool, but that tool was laborious, you had to save the game and exit, upload the save and modify it, download the modified save and replace it in the game folder, and in most cases Sometimes this would ruin my save. Here it's different, you do it in the game itself without the risk of ruining your game. I've been using this tool for about 4 months and so far I haven't explored more than 5% of the power of this tool. Honestly, how I would like a tool like this for other games, like Unity.

1st; ability to change any variable
    2nd; choice of path for each alternative.
    3rd, many other things, and also create saves outside the game slot.
    4th; Dev highly helpful and supportive, always responding and explaining the problems that occur when you install games and the tool makes the game crash!

An indispensable tool for any player who enjoys renpy games, once you use it, you become addicted and don't want to stop using it!

Congratulations to the developer for making such a useful tool (very lightweight, so I just plug it into each folder of a game I want to modify something)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

Call 911 cuz this shit is fire!!

Blessing for Android players!
    I play on android and not all ports have options to mod. This puppy works well in Joiplay on my phone and can mod almost all renpy games I run on it. It even works on apks if you have access to "game" folder of the game's installation. It even let me dig around with stats that were virtually hard to modify thru regular console.

Plus, not all games offer textbox modifications so this mod comes in so handy to edit those. It tracks choices, stats, and so much.

It truly is an universal mod!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

dreamtype

This mod is awesome and made my game playable. It not only allowed me to get unstuck in a game (My Cute Roommate [v1.6.1 Ex Beta] [Astaros3D]) but gave me the piece of mind that of being able to manually trigger the scenes, just in case I didn't have to pacients to play it though.

At first I didn't think I was going to use it beyond getting a peak at the variable changes that dialog choices result in. Also I did run into an issue frequently where the mod options and the path detector dialogs would unload. But I was able to work around that by saving and loading again. Then, once my game soft locked (where the game's state makes it impossible to complete) on me because I did something in a order it didn't expect, I have to manually change a variable to get it to let me continue. If it weren't for this I'd have definitly givin up on the game.

I also changed another variable to get a option that wasn't showing up for me for similar reasons (though I wasn't soft locked that time). I could've/would've completed the game at all let alone got all the scenes I was after if it wasn't for the awesome mod! Thanks 0x52!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Noxilian

The ultimate Ren'py mod, allowing the vast majority of the capability of a custom game mod, but with any game by default, and with no concerns about breaking between game updates.

Custom game mods may be a bit more intuitive or convenient for the average user, but ultimately there are only three things that this mod can't do (as far as I'm aware) that I've seen some custom mods do:
    1. Assist in navigating options and inputs during image-based sandbox sections (ie. where you have to click on images of doors, locations on a map, hidden objects, or such).
    2. Give additional context to what future events are affected by a flag or value (ie. you can often infer what a flag will do by its name, but not always, but custom mods will often outright tell you).
    3. New custom content (eg. some mods add new music/scene edits/i-patches/fonts/etc.)
    As someone who doesn't enjoy sandboxes, grinding, or quiz-type events, but likes to try out a lot of games that look promising despite possibly having these things, I use this mod all the time, and highly recommend it to anyone who plays Ren'py VNs frequently.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Yolomon

Greatest mod ever created. It's a breeze to use with every variable and instance neatly named and outlined, and the pop-up notification for hidden choices and routes is an absolute godsend. This game has saved me so many times from shitty renpy coding and continues to do so each time. Biggest W by the dev. I hope he continues to work on this and improve it. 100/10. Best shit ever.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Ayhsel

I never review threads in general, specially for unfinished games as there are a lot of problems.

But this Mod is extremely useful. So this is a well earned 5 stars.

I found a couple of things to be particularly useful:

1) ability to change any variable
    2) path choice for every alternative.

Kudos to dev for doing such a useful little thing (very light, so I just plug it in every folder of a game I want to modify something)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

handok24

Very useful mod for people who are lazy to grind like me. Even so, there is still a risk of mod crashes and the appearance of this mod is old school, but overall this mod is 5 stars for me because the features are very adequate
  12. 5.00 star(s)

smiley_gaming

The greatest Ren'Py tool. It's absolutely amazing to have when running through games with multiple branch paths, combat, or sandbox elements and opens up the possibility for easier development and implementation of personal mods. It is easy to use and has never caused any issue not derived from human error when tinkering with code.

Thanks for this!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

colween

Just amazing!
    As a player, this mod gives you a lot of control in the game without having to use other tools (like unren).
    As a modder, this mod can save you a lot of time by testing different routes or changing variables to test if it's even worth modding (yes... cheating is bad... but let's say it's more like "optimizing" the game mechanics to give the players a better experience... ).
    Good ideas, beautiful code.
    Thank you!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

LazyName

Works great and should be your first choice when youre considering tweeking a renpy game. The dev is active and seems really interested in making their creation as accessible as possible. There is a 200 character minimum but i honestly dont know what else to say besides how effective and easy to use it is. Uhh we're all pervs but some of us make being perverted easier for others and to them we should say thank you. Anyways keep up the good work.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

desmosome

[1.13.2]

I've been using this for a while, and it's become an invaluable tool for any renpy game.

Although it has a lot of niche functionality, here are the main benefits that will apply to any renpy game.
    1. Determine the variables/flags being changed due to a choice.
    2. Determine the conditions required to be able to pick a choice.
    3. Perhaps the most iconic and unique feature - Be notified when a split path or alternate dialogue is playing, as well as the conditions that triggered that specific route.
    4. Easily modify the values for variables if you want.
    Those are the main features that make this mod a must for anyone who wants to be aware of the routes they are entering in renpy games.

And the cherry on top? This mod doesn't modify game files. That means it will never break your saves. Tired of waiting for a walkthrough mod to update because your saves are no longer compatible with the base game? Well, this mod doesn't have that problem. There are occasionally games that do not run with the mod installed, but it should work for like 95% of the games you try.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

TheOnlyKong

Bless and thank you. This dev is a hero and this mod is a blessing. The only complaint is that I haven't known about it before now...

Unfortunately the above review is too short even though all that I needed to say had been said. So on with the Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris et ipsum non ante sollicitudin viverra eu ut ante. Aenean ac neque ac diam sodales luctus sed pulvinar tortor. Proin mattis, enim eget luctus semper, augue tellus convallis dolor, malesuada volutpat metus nibh a justo. Nunc ipsum risus, lobortis nec ullamcorper id, fermentum in orci. Praesent mattis risus libero, non interdum nisi porta eget. Donec id venenatis dui. In dignissim nibh augue, quis consequat turpis varius ut. Vivamus eu elementum ante, quis placerat nisi. Sed ornare leo erat, id fringilla urna aliquam eget.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

fdpdelamode

The absolute best companion tool for any grindy sandbox games!

great interface
    super easy to use but sometimes slow when trying to type search patterns

the number 1 tool to have when play renpy games
  18. 5.00 star(s)

kamimed

This is one of the best tools for Ren'Py games, glad the dev kept up the good work and improves the code and features of this mod.

Even though I use other mods for games this one is always installed, so far it didn't clash with anything else I use.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

InExcellence

A fantastic tool to have at your disposal. Gives you the power to efficiently navigate games and enjoy them on your own terms. The ability to simply change any character's name on-the-fly is enough to make this a winner; but that's only the tip of the iceberg.
    Big thanks to the dev for rolling up their sleeves and doing the work that sets us all free!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

TheForsakenImmortal

This is damn near a must-install for Any Ren'py game. I've actually started playing back through games I've already beat just for the Scene watcher and to see if there was any hidden paths I could have taken. 10 / 10