Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
I might add something like this in a future version, but it's not guaranteed to work on every game.

See this post by theMickey_ a couple of posts before yours.
Really surprised!
But then here's a consideration...If not even the UGU itself is 100% guaranteed for all games in galleries/replay...then why not?

The current URM already covers the main custom settings such as font, text box, transparency and opacity, quick menu, different positioning (which I use on a wide scale).
Why not make it complete for that?
Just a personal observation. :cool:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 2.1.4 Bèta
I've got a bèta version of URM for you.
  • New/improved implementation for freezing/monitoring variables
    • Note: it still doesn't support all type of variables, but those might be added in the future
    • Note 2: There will be some edge cases that will bypass the freezing/monitoring, but those should be rare
  • Fix: Android: Save .urm files to saves dir when global settings are not supported

You can get the update through URM (when on the bèta channel), or the attachment bellow.
(the download will be added in the OP when it's found to be stable)

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
URM 2.1.4 Beta
Eu tenho uma versão beta do URM para você.
  • Implementação nova/melhorada para congelamento/monitoramento de variáveis
    • Nota: ainda não suporta todos os tipos de variáveis, mas elas poderão ser adicionadas no futuro
    • Nota 2: Haverá alguns casos extremos que ignorarão o congelamento/monitoramento, mas esses devem ser raros
  • Correção: Android: salve arquivos .urm no diretório de salvamento quando as configurações globais não forem suportadas

Você pode obter a atualização através do URM (quando estiver no canal beta), ou no anexo abaixo.
(o download será adicionado no OP quando for considerado estável)
[/CITAR]
(e)

Apr 1, 2018
Has anyone tried using URM on waifu academy? for the Karma variable or for the karma checks? I have been trying to crack it for awhile with no luck. Any help would be awesome!

Ffdream

Oct 9, 2023
  • Are you using the latest version of URM? Yes Version 2.1.3

• Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread) College Kings Act 1 - 1.4.8

• If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file: Attached below

• What did you do that caused the issue? Added URM 2.1.3 (I deleted the app data for CK and any saves to see if that would fix it)

• Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible) ckurm.png

• When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:" N/A

• What OS are you on? Windows 10

• Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)? No

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey 0x52 I wanna know that why your URM doesn't work on this
https://f95zone.to/threads/confined-with-goddesses-v1-0-premium-legacy-eroniverse.60506/
This is Ren'py vn but whenever I install in on Android phone the game automatically close.
So can you tell me the solution please
Please check the log.txt and traceback.txt

Has anyone tried using URM on waifu academy? for the Karma variable or for the karma checks? I have been trying to crack it for awhile with no luck. Any help would be awesome!
You mean you're unable to find a variable? Did you try the snapshot feature (take a snapshot before the variable changes and compare it after the change)?

• Are you using the latest version of URM? Yes Version 2.1.3

• Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread) College Kings Act 1 - 1.4.8

• If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file: Attached below

• What did you do that caused the issue? Added URM 2.1.3 (I deleted the app data for CK and any saves to see if that would fix it)

• When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:" N/A

• What OS are you on? Windows 10

• Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)? No
This happens because they've replaced a (Character). There's no easy fix for this.

Reactions: Feyd

Ffdream

Oct 9, 2023
This happens because they've replaced a (Character). There's no easy fix for this.
Ah okay, they really didn't want people to just have fun with the game :LOL: thanks for the information. Also amazing mod you have made :love:

saarlewder

Apr 17, 2024
Great mod. The only thing missing is for the settings file for a game, to also include the settings for the mod. I would very much like to have the touchscreen button in the same position, and the opacity and colors of the mod menu the same, for every game I add the mod and settings file to.

Apr 1, 2018
You mean you're unable to find a variable? Did you try the snapshot feature (take a snapshot before the variable changes and compare it after the change)?
Ya one of the first things I did after not being able to search the variable directly, oh and the path detection for the karma checks also don't show any good mutable variable, some don't show anything (my guess was because this is not a "choose between 3 options" but just a variable check? so it wasn't picked up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) perhaps this is a game specific thing?

1713638174646.png

Reactions: theMickey_

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
perhaps this is a game specific thing?
Just my two cents: After you reported your "issue", I did a quick test, and I couldn't find any karma related variable myself. I also did try the snapshot thing with "before" and "after", and URM did not pick up any changes. I had a quick look at the actual code, but I couldn't really figure out how they're doing the karma stuff. I think at this point it's something very game specific that URM just can't deal with :-/

Reactions: 0x52
Apr 1, 2018
Mhm exactly I was thinking something similar, maybe they have the "karma" variable disguised as something else to deter mods? is that a possibility?

saarlewder

Apr 17, 2024
Consider making a snapshot before and another one after said change, and then use some text comparing website or app (i.e. WinMerge) to see what the differences are.

sipsipsap

Aug 20, 2023
Hey there. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Would it be possible to set some values to "ignore" for Path/Choice detection?

A lot of games have technical variables that will be used for different things. For example a variable that checks if a incest patch has been applied and switches the dialogue according to that boolean.

It would be nice if a user could find and add that variable and set it to ignore. If a choice/Path is detected but the only condition is this ignored Variable URM will then not show a notification about that. If the condition also includes other not ignored variables then it will show the notification.

Obviously the ignore state is exclusionary to a variable being monitored (but not necessarily watched so that one may see it on the watch panel).

This ignore feature could also be used for other effects that others may come up with.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Great mod. The only thing missing is for the settings file for a game, to also include the settings for the mod. I would very much like to have the touchscreen button in the same position, and the opacity and colors of the mod menu the same, for every game I add the mod and settings file to.
I assume you're on Android and play games that don't support URM's global settings? Because colors and opacity can be set globally, but some Android builds don't support sharing data.
Easiest way around this would be by using JoiPlay.

Hey there. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Would it be possible to set some values to "ignore" for Path/Choice detection?

A lot of games have technical variables that will be used for different things. For example a variable that checks if a incest patch has been applied and switches the dialogue according to that boolean.

It would be nice if a user could find and add that variable and set it to ignore. If a choice/Path is detected but the only condition is this ignored Variable URM will then not show a notification about that. If the condition also includes other not ignored variables then it will show the notification.

Obviously the ignore state is exclusionary to a variable being monitored (but not necessarily watched so that one may see it on the watch panel).

This ignore feature could also be used for other effects that others may come up with.
1713705943613.png

Reactions: Feyd and sipsipsap

Mtmtmt007

Mar 2, 2021
You know this renpy reserved variable problem didn't happen in your older version of mod but If I download a new version this error happens

Apr 1, 2018
Consider making a snapshot before and another one after said change, and then use some text comparing website or app (i.e. WinMerge) to see what the differences are.
Elaborate:unsure:, ik of website that compare text but what files are you comparing? the "before" and "after" snapshots don't appear as their own files in the game's directory

saarlewder

Apr 17, 2024
I assume you're on Android and play games that don't support URM's global settings? Because colors and opacity can be set globally, but some Android builds don't support sharing data.
Easiest way around this would be by using JoiPlay.
I play on Windows. The settings for the textboxes gets saved when I import that file to another game, and strangely so does the setting for showing the button, but the position of the button and the colors and opacity of the mod's menu strangely don't get saved. Or maybe I need to restart the game, for the changes to be applied.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes