Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Porcinet

Oct 12, 2019
Hi, dunno if it's just me or normal but when i try to found something and i got 15 or more results it start to lag even more if there are displayble arrow.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi, dunno if it's just me or normal but when i try to found something and i got 15 or more results it start to lag even more if there are displayble arrow.
This could happen with a slower PC. But it will be improved further in the future

Shinjitsu

May 25, 2020
Hi, I installed URM for the first time but can't call it using Alt+M and it only shows up in the upper left corner before a variable check. Even then I can't edit the boolean itself and just which variable is acting. Saw an older post where someone had a similar problem for a different game and their particular save didn't work and were advised to delete the persistent files from both portable and appdata saves but that didn't help as well. They could call it if they started a new game but that didn't work for me as well. So can anyone say what I'm doing wrong? Attaching a save as well.

Game: Lessons in Love v34
System: Windows 11

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi, I installed URM for the first time but can't call it using Alt+M ...
I've just tested it, and it works fine on my end -- I even tried to load your save, and I have no issues. As you can see in attached screenshots (one is from the very beginning, one is shortly after your save) I can use the watch panel with variables to watch, custom textboxes, and replace names.

1693978823913.png 1693979099140.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So: I'd say it works -- and I'm not sure what you could have done wrong if it's not working for you.

Shiva11

Feb 8, 2018
Is there a way to have the body of the text inset a bit from the Namebox text when customizing the Textbox?
This is the way my customized textbox looks in the game.
screenshot0001.png

I would like it to look like it does without any customization but moved to the left and down. Here is a screenshot of the normal textbox without customization.

screenshot0002.png

owtgaws

Dec 7, 2018
I wanted to test it myself, but I can't even figure out how to play this game, so I won't be much of a help.

One more thing though, apart from what Boehser Onkel already mentioned about searching for variable names that contain a "." (dot): looking at the errors.txt file you posted, it's pretty obvious that you've tried to edit the 00action_data.rpy file and most probably your editor did some "auto indent" using TAB characters, which is not allowed in Ren'Py code. If you use Notepad++, edit the file again, and then select "Edit" --> "Blank Operations" --> "TAB to spaces" (which will replace all TAB with spaces), and then save again. If you use a different editor, check line 168 of that file and replace TAB with spaces manually.
Sorry for not getting back to this for so long, I kinda forgot about it...
Anyway your fix worked for the crashes, and the missing player.energy was just me searching for it as a value like a dunce, so thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: theMickey_
Apr 1, 2018
Hello 0x52 long time no see but I'm back to make a ease of use suggestion for next updates if possible.
Currently the notifications show:
1694509588347.png
It would be nicer if it showed something like:
1694509640009.png Without the "True/False" taking up space perhaps color the text green color if true and reddish-orange if it's false.

showing the conditions and code for the path. And if people really want to see more details they can press the 1694509522787.png to see next label on another pop up.

tl;dr my oversimplification.
1694510372316.png

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello 0x52 long time no see but I'm back to make a ease of use suggestion for next updates if possible.
Currently the notifications show:
View attachment 2923611
It would be nicer if it showed something like:
View attachment 2923614 Without the "True/False" taking up space perhaps color the text green color if true and reddish-orange if it's false.

showing the conditions and code for the path. And if people really want to see more details they can press the View attachment 2923607 to see next label on another pop up.

tl;dr my oversimplification.
View attachment 2923641
It's already on my todo list to improve this

Reactions: MyGirlsNowYoink

dreamtype

Jan 6, 2022
Okay, reporting back with another bug.

Dunno if it's Ren'Py related (it's an older version of Ren'Py but should be supported) or URM (v1.9.3) related:

In DMD Chapter 1 (v0.14.5) / Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218 the bug manifests as follows:

After you save a game with URM enabled and you scroll back (even one line), URM kind of "unloads", Alt+M doesn't work anymore and the Watchpanel dissappears. Scrolling back to where the save was originally doesn't bring URM back, only re-loading the save does. Loading the second save (that appears to have URM unloaded/disabled will still bring it back as well).

Included are save dumps and the saves themselves.
I'm playing My Cute Roommate v1.6.1 Ex / Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

I have the same problem only with me it will just unload by itself without rollback at certain points in the game. But saving and then loading will bring it back. (unfortunattly saving and loading is really slow in this game) This is happening quite a bit in the early game.

Have you or anyone else figured out a way to prevent it or mitigate it?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
small question, did this works on mobile device (i'm using emulator "joiplay") or only on pc?
Yes it does support touchscreens.
See the last item here in the 1.13 changelog:
1.13 (2022-12-11)
  • Option to freeze variables (prevent them from changing)
  • Option to monitor variables (get a notification when it changes)
  • URM is now supports touchdevices
    • Note that the Android port needs to support mods

Reactions: sakuzuda

Vict88

Nov 27, 2018
Is there a way to save certain variables permanently? I have some remembered/watched, but every time I quit and start the saved ones are gone.

Shiva11

Feb 8, 2018
Not sure if this has already been covered here but I discovered that if you rename a character and then add a text replacement that does the same renaming for the dialogues, this has the effect of undoing your rename and the end result is no change at all.
You may ask why would anyone do such a silly thing as renaming the character in two places and this is a valid question.
My thought was that perhaps the renaming is only done for the name in the Namebox. So to cover my bases I decided it would be a good idea to do the text replacement for the name as well. Unfortunately this results in no name change in either place. Took me a while to figure out what I had done wrong so I decided to post this notice in order that others who use this application will not fall into the same pitfall.

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Hi dev,
I'm applied textbox customisation in full mode on affexon game latest update.
After that all texts are missing or hidden i can't see any letters.
But it's working on light mode.
I wanted to hide textbox so I'm tried in full mode then all letters are invisible.
I don't know what I'm missing. Any idea about this

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Belzeebub
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes