Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

kamimed

Dec 29, 2019
From your log file: Incompatible Ren'Py engine version, from my experience this works with the new Ren'py x64 client, most likely devs that still use older engines of Ren'Py, so on that regard you are screwed as URN uses some libraries the new engines provides

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
It's been a while since I d/led my copy of urm and I have no idea what version it is, so the problem might be fixed, but this was the second time today I've encountered this (although today was the first time it has happened)

Edit: just downloaded the latest ver from OP and while a renpy window opened this time instead of instantly crashing, it still only gave me a traceback with the same error.
Like kamimed is saying. The game you're trying is using a Ren'Py version that's to old for URM.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Like kamimed is saying. The game you're trying is using a Ren'Py version that's to old for URM.
Ah, I had assumed it was the other way around and they were using a recently released update that you hadn't gotten the chance to upgrade for yet, since this was a problem I had only encountered for the first time on monday. thanks for the heads up.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
got a error today :

""" 0x52: Saving to " .....\ARTEMIS-0.2.1\game\LP.urm" failed with error: __init__() got multiple values for keyword argument 'ramplen' """"

any ideas what to do?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
got a error today :

""" 0x52: Saving to " .....\ARTEMIS-0.2.1\game\LP.urm" failed with error: __init__() got multiple values for keyword argument 'ramplen' """"

any ideas what to do?
Can you send me the URM file giving this error?

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
0x52 Boehser Onkel I had the same problem, I could not save the URM file either.

It's odd because I have an existing URM file for a previous version of the game, written by a previous version of URM itself, and that loads and works as it should. But I cannot overwrite it, or create a new one. But that's just in this game (Artemis), URM works fine everywhere else.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Just 2 random suggestions:
1. Can you make it so that the "modify variable" gui stays even after changing a value or have a check box in the settings to make it stay caz I was experiment with a value and game kept crashing until I put a lower value but I had to go through a phrase of trial and errors with constantly having to click back. And it would be easier if the gui just stayed so you can constantly change value without the gui going away.

2. And perhaps change the color of text to pink or something for these "sub-sections" when you click the down arrow, cause they blend in pretty easily with the other stuff at the bottom. If it wasn't for that "-Add item" button there I wouldn't even know how far this sub-section goes down. And tho this one doesn't have that problem those that don't have the "add item" button can get pretty hard to find the end to the sub-section. And then when you open the sub-sections to those sub-sections ahh it's mind numbing. Just saying making the sub-section text color pink or something would be great!

Now ik these are pretty dumb suggestions but still a suggestion.
There's no such thing as "dumb suggestions" :)

1. Did you try using the watchpanel?

2. That's why I put a dash in front of subitems. There can be a sub-section inside a sub-section, this adds an extra dash in front, colors would not work in this case.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Can you send me the URM file giving this error?
0x52 Boehser Onkel I had the same problem, I could not save the URM file either.

It's odd because I have an existing URM file for a previous version of the game, written by a previous version of URM itself, and that loads and works as it should. But I cannot overwrite it, or create a new one. But that's just in this game (Artemis), URM works fine everywhere else.
Found the issue. That game overwrites the default Python method open().
I made a fix, it will be in the next release.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Just released 1.4

Changelog:

• Added option to jump to labels instead of replaying them
    • This could for example enable you to teleport to locations in a sandbox game
  • Fix: Force URM to be always on top (solves this issue with Divimera)
  • FIx: This save issue with the game ARTEMIS

Um so I had a run in with this while playing a game called "Divimera" any solution? Thanks for any help in advance!!

edit: pretty much I can't do anything... can't exit, can't minimize, nothing
This is solved in this release.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Just released 1.4

Changelog:

• Added option to jump to labels instead of replaying them
    • This could for example enable you to teleport to locations in a sandbox game
  • Fix: Force URM to be always on top (solves this issue with Divimera)
  • FIx: This save issue with the game ARTEMIS

This is solved in this release.
thank you :cool:

Reactions: 0x52

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
0x52 thanks again for this great mod it makes sandbox games more playable and enjoyable so I was playing This game and when I change variables they get back to the old values I think the dev might have an anticheat system

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52 thanks again for this great mod it makes sandbox games more playable and enjoyable so I was playing This game and when I change variables they get back to the old values I think the dev might have an anticheat system
must not be a anticheat
maybe values are checked on more than 1 variable
like x=yes y= no == false
x=yes y=yes == true

post a save maybe
ill take a look maybe ( dont like the tags but yeah)

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
must not be a anticheat
maybe values are checked on more than 1 variable
like x=yes y= no == false
x=yes y=yes == true

post a save maybe
ill take a look maybe ( dont like the tags but yeah)
Here it's a real pain in the ass but unlike you I like those tags ;)

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
bleh need to play from beginnig to know how the stats work
theres a "*multi" variable(multiplier?¿)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
well
i found this
Download.png

at your save the "dislike" is 143 Oo
set to 0 , and "Like" to 100 - should be good

Reactions: 0x52
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes