Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.3] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

LinXuan67

Dec 25, 2021
If you want to get the music title, I'm pretty sure that's (almost) impossible. URM might be able to tell you "The song you're hearing currently is called 'Background_music.ogg'" -- but that's about it. Unless the game developers decided to name the music file exactly the same as the original title of the song, there's probably no way to identify the name of music within Ren'Py games.

I've extracted a couple of Ren'Py games, and this is what music files usually look like:
  • Background_music.ogg
  • Background_music2_Brunno.ogg
  • Background_music3_Disclo_ultralounge.ogg
  • Sexy_music1_monks_topher.ogg
  • Sexy_music2_necking_topher.ogg
  • at_jodys_1.mp3
  • booty_calls_1.mp3
  • chillax.mp3
  • days_1.mp3
  • 1.mp3
  • 2.mp3
  • caffe_music.wav
...and so on. I've only seen a single game so far where the file names are the actual song titles:
  • Chris Zabriskie - Laserdisc.ogg
  • Scott Buckley - Nightfall.ogg
  • Small Colin - Setup With An E.ogg
Thank you for your reply.

MonkeyMonkz

Feb 8, 2019
Tried on SugarService but doesn't seem to work when i press alt+M

****My bad. I removed URM and download the new one and tried again. now it works. Noice!

Last edited:

FrankKappel

Jun 13, 2018
0x52

Edit: - Nevermind - I just noticed that "Monitor" and "Watch" are 2 different options.

----

Heres an idea / feature request for URM.

If you are watching a variable, and the side panel closed
Would it be possible to provide a small popup/notification if one of the watched variables changes ?

Maybe even transparent, only displaying text, dissolving quickly (1-2 seconds maybe ? )

"Watched Var x changed, new value y"

Or something, while making sure its not too long of a string / number and not an object.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024
This is very amazing! Good job! I can now skip all the difficult minigames and focus on the importance of erotics (* ̄▽ ̄)b

FrankKappel

Jun 13, 2018
But i found something that might be nice.
a shortcut button to set a value to a predefined one (without using freeze, as that may sometimes kill the game if used at the wrong time)

Like i have d1, and i'd like a button to set this var to value 5 at a button press, without freezing the var.

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
One more question about the text box and it's about Milfs of Sunville:
Having custom text boxes enabled, the ingame names are not displayed anymore:
1719507002111.png

After disabling, the names are fine:
1719507250999.png

It is plain season 1 from OP with just your mod added.

Is this something you could think of fixing?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
But i found something that might be nice.
a shortcut button to set a value to a predefined one (without using freeze, as that may sometimes kill the game if used at the wrong time)

Like i have d1, and i'd like a button to set this var to value 5 at a button press, without freezing the var.
I wrote it down, but do not expect is any time soon.

One more question about the text box and it's about Milfs of Sunville:
Having custom text boxes enabled, the ingame names are not displayed anymore:
View attachment 3775768

After disabling, the names are fine:
View attachment 3775783

It is plain season 1 from OP with just your mod added.

Is this something you could think of fixing?
They seem to have implemented their own translation system for some reason, that's causing this.

Reactions: Feyd and Cyrix72

The_Thinker_

Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys I got a problem with URM
recently URM isn't working properly for some reason

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just tried to install it on Milf's plaza but it didn't work, and it used to work perfectly on Examination Day when I revisited the game after few weeks it stopped working.

wwgwa

Dec 27, 2017
Could you take a look at the FLX - Downfall of Idols game? Most of the value changes work, but some values can't be seen (Can't find values for Readiness, Dancing, Performance, Singing, Finesse, Fitness, Style) and sometimes (and sometimes not) freezing the values works.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi guys I got a problem with URM
recently URM isn't working properly for some reason

I just tried to install it on Milf's plaza but it didn't work, and it used to work perfectly on Examination Day when I revisited the game after few weeks it stopped working.
Seems like something manipulates your internet traffic when URM checks if there's a newer version. I will prevent this from crashing the game in the next update.
From the log I can see the URM version used on Milf's Plaza is quit old.

Could you take a look at the FLX - Downfall of Idols game? Most of the value changes work, but some values can't be seen (Can't find values for Readiness, Dancing, Performance, Singing, Finesse, Fitness, Style) and sometimes (and sometimes not) freezing the values works.
When you're looking to find variables I would recommend asking in the game's thread. I think you have a better chance there.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 2.3: Intelligent codeview

Hi all,

Here's URM 2.3, fresh out of the oven. The main new feature here is the intelligent codeview for path and choice detection. It was quite a headache to get it exactly how I want it, so I'm proud of the result. The new codeview offers:
  • Syntax highlighted (colored) code
  • Interactive variables and labels in the code (click them to get more options)
  • Condition (if statement) results are displayed in the code

Some additional fixes in this update:
  • Correctly disable freeze/monitor buttons for unsupported variables
  • Variable freezing/monitoring for games using a Ren'Py version after 8.2.0 and 7.7.0
codeview.png

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023

Hi all,

Here's URM 2.3, fresh out of the oven. The main new feature here is the intelligent codeview for path and choice detection. It was quite a headache to get it exactly how I want it, so I'm proud of the result. The new codeview offers:

• Variable freezing/monitoring for games using a Ren'Py version after 8.2.0 and 7.7.0
View attachment 3804188
youre-a-good-man.jpg

jasad

Dec 14, 2021

Hi all,

View attachment 3804188
thank you

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes