VN - Ren'Py - University of Problems [v1.5.0 Extended] [DreamNow]

1. 4.00 star(s)

JuntherGauch

Really really good looking renders, definitely looking forward to the next patch. ;)
    The Story is kind of predictable but the renders for the girls really work the magic for that.
    A choice system for the sex scenes would also be really good but who knows whats about to come in the next patches.
    Overall for the first release a solid 9/10
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MovieMike

I'm reviewing based on what has been implemented in the game so far. Overall, really nice start with plenty to look forward to.

Pros:

- The renders are really nice. The girls look fairly realistic and are all fairly attractive, to me at least. I know different people like different things. I do wish Natalie and Roxy were a little more fit I guess since they seem to spend a lot of time in the gym, but I know not everyone likes really fit/muscular women. A bit more variety would be nice in terms of races, body sizes, etc, but again this is a personal preference. What is included is definitely great.

- The UI is great and easy to follow. The phone and Notepad are excellent and I really like games where bios and things update as events occur. Really enjoyed that and didn't really see any big bugs or anything. As someone who knows how to use Daz but not so much the coding side this was great.

- The setting, while common, is nice. I mean either you like the fish out of water in a college environment setting or you don't. I personally do. I'd introduce some more male characters though, so it doesn't seem like he's the only guy along with Eric at this school. Could be friends, could be rivals, could be more comedic relief.

- The renders themselves, the lighting, composition, etc. is very nice and titilating. Makes me want to see more.

- Favorite character? Definitely Roxy, but I love the alt looking girls and she's the only one in that category. Plus I like non vanilla stuff and she seems the best candidate for some naughtiness.

Cons:

- While the script is fine, there are some weird runons and grammar structures. Nothing that's too jarring, but I did notice some weird phrases.

- Besides Roxy, Natalie, Rachel and Yuki the other girls kinda blend together and look fairly similar. Slender, small to medium sized breasts, white, longish hair, etc.

Final Thought:

Really nice start with a good amount of content. Lots of avenues to explore and someone for everyone to like. Personally I love the college setting, the fresh experiences, and the opportunity to have some fun but also something more sinister down the line (if wanted).
  3. 5.00 star(s)

superiorvenacava

This game is very solid thus far, and while there are many games on this site with the same premise (i.e. guy goes to college, has sex with girls), this is definitely up there among the best.

PROS:
    I love the character models, and I have yet to see one that I do not like.
    The story, while similar to others on this site, is very solid
    The story is going at the right pace: we do not jump right into sex scenes and instead build relationships with them (expect for 1 character;))
    Navigation through the phone is very simple.
    The choices seem as though they matter and aren't just pointless options incorporated to make the player feel like he's doing something

CONS:
    I do wish the sex scene available and hope that future ones are more fluid. Though with that being said, I am still impressed with the dev's renders and animations

This game is DEFINITELY one to watch, and I hope future updates are just as fantastic!