Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

aochaoch

May 19, 2021
I had two types of errors when I was decompiling Goddesses' Whim [v0.3.4 Public] [Ncrow]:

AttributeError: 'Signature' object has no attribute 'extrapos'
and
AttributeError: 'Signature' object has no attribute 'positional'

Some of the rpyc files are successfully decompiled but some of them have these two errors. Anyone knows how to solve.... :cry:

aochaoch

May 19, 2021
This Unren isn't really maintained anymore and the embedded decompiler(unrpyc) is outdated and incompatible with newer Ren'Py above v7.4.x. Try the other Unren from User VepsrP or, if you're able to work with python and CLI, decompile manually with a updated version of unrpyc.
That works, thanks a lot!!!

Reactions: Madeddy

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
so if I needed to "un-cheat" and remove the scroll left option how would I do that? other than to do a full reinstall?

ARDATR103

May 21, 2019
I guess there is no one telling people anything other than to put the file where the game's exe file is or in the game folder and run it.

mantismerc

Aug 14, 2019
need help with this problem
When I look inside the files, there is also python.exe
I'm also struggling with the python missing error. I installed Python, even drag and dropped python.exe/python.py into the game directory, so I don't know what gives, yet.

So instead of UnRen, I've found some limited success with using these tools to manage Ren'Py files. I'm at this moment searching for solutions and trying to find what others here, Reddit and other forums have said so far. I don't have a clue if and when these tools too will stop working like UnRen. Hopefully my quick pointers will help somewhat, even though I don't quite fully grasp the documentation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ARDATR103

May 21, 2019
I'm also struggling with the python missing error. I installed Python, even drag and dropped python.exe/python.py into the game directory, so I don't know what gives, yet.

So instead of UnRen, I've found some limited success with using these tools to manage Ren'Py files. I'm at this moment searching for solutions and trying to find what others here, Reddit and other forums have said so far. I don't have a clue if and when these tools too will stop working like UnRen. Hopefully my quick pointers will help somewhat, even though I don't quite fully grasp the documentation.

Thanks for your concern. There were no problems before. It was working fine. I looked to see if others were experiencing this error like me. Yes, there were people who experienced it , but the only help they found was "extract the unren file from the zip file, put it where the exe file of the game is located or in the game folder and run it." People keep saying this. He told me this :
You have to place it, inside the folder named game
he thinks I'm too stupid to try?

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
need help with this problem
When I look inside the files, there is also python.exe
I'm also struggling with the python missing error.
In the past, for most people with this problem, it came down to three possible reasons:
  1. Your used directory path has problematic or even forbidden chars for batch/command scripts (mostly this reason)
  2. Your OS/System uses a non-western language OR a strange encoding so Unren cannot deal with it (seldom)
  3. Your OS/System has for some reason config changes, maybe even from a dedicated python install (seldom)
Try to use a very simple path like c:\USER\some_thing\LuckyMonster\game and maybe play with point two.
rpatool ... Note that it's one file at a time, so "sounds.rpa"...then "gui.rpa"... Real annoying tbh.
I wrote years back also a RPA unpacker, where just a dir path can be given so it finds a all rpa by itself. If you want to try your luck:

Reactions: mantismerc

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
UnRen for MacOS and Linux
This is MacOS only, possibly some other unix derivative os.
it does not work for linux.

For linux version of unren look here:

disclaimer: I am not zujik. I just found his page when searching the internet for "unren linux".

how to use:
1. go to github and download the file UnRen-Linux.sh and save it somewhere
2. (optional) rename it to something less cumbersome. ex: unren.sh
3. copy paste it into the same folder as the executable of the game you want to unren.
4. right click inside the folder with the game executable and select "open in terminal" to get a terminal that is already located in that folder
5. type ./unren.sh and hit enter

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
For linux version of unren look here:
Thanks for the share.
The version in the repo is however very out of date for the included decompiler. As every other UnRen floating around.

Note: I added just now a warning about the unmaintained state to the GH-repo of this threads UnRen.

Last edited:
Reactions: harem.king
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes