Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

BadThingsHere

Mar 15, 2021
I used Unren to extract the rpy files, I changed the code to my hearts content, now the changes don't reflect in the game, do I need to recompress them or recompile the game again?

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
I used Unren to extract the rpy files, I changed the code to my hearts content, now the changes don't reflect in the game, do I need to recompress them or recompile the game again?
It should be sufficient to keep the RPY and RPYC files exposed, as we translators do in similar cases.
If there is no RPA your modified RPY and RPYC must overwrite the original scripts.
I recommend putting all the RPY and RPYC files, not just the ones you modified.
Trial.

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
so ive noticed that when i go to decompile rpyc files i get a bunch of "files failed to decompile" i have current version of the mod. anyone know whats going on?

1706149185472.png

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
Move the "/home/....../python3.9/multiprocessing" dir into a temporary dir for the time of decompile, then move it back.
so i looked for the file u mentioned but didn't see it anywhere, is it a file for the mod if so how do i access it, if not then the only thing i found close to it is in the python3.9 file in the lib file which has a file called multiprocessing is that the one u say i should move temporary then run the bat or is it something else and where would it be. i also tried typing in the file listed in the bat to find it but windows said its no existent.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
so i looked for the file u mentioned but didn't see it anywhere, is it a file for the mod if so how do i access it, if not then the only thing i found close to it is in the python3.9 file in the lib file which has a file called multiprocessing is that the one u say i should move temporary then run the bat or is it something else and where would it be. i also tried typing in the file listed in the bat to find it but windows said its no existent.
Yes, check if there is a directory, under the game "lib\python3.9\multiprocessing" , move that.

Azphel

May 5, 2017
Sam
On version 1.0.11d, after the decompilation of .rpyc files and before the cleanup, on line 832 there is a forced unconditional jump to label finish; so, no matter the option, there will never be a cleanup after decompyling and option 8 (do everything) will always stop. Later on, on lines 863-865, the option is correctly checked

Reactions: cbsx
Jul 12, 2017
Can someone please share version 1.0.4?
Current version, for some reason, takes significantly longer before it starts actual unpacking and then takes longer before it allows you to exit.

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
so shift+o isn't supposed to work it's just ms paint? Do I need to alter some code and dig through files and programs to get it to work or something?

Mikeq132

Feb 20, 2024
I can't understand why this doesn't work? I did it as written in the tutorial, but when I start the project it gives this error 1708599367178.png

Mikeq132

Feb 20, 2024
I'd go out on a limb and guess it's either the space in the folder path or the special character that throws Ren'Py off.
I thought so too, but as you can see, the same error pops up everywhere. In the screenshot, the files are located on the desktop. I don’t understand, but I get the impression that the problem is in the mtr.rpyc file, but I don’t understand how to solve this problem
1708607176152.png

Mikeq132

Feb 20, 2024
Having done everything from the very beginning, I was somehow magically able to start the project, but now I have this error:confused: 1708608558233.png
UPD
Problem solved, I was using too old version of RenPy:FacePalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: WaltS

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I don’t understand, but I get the impression that the problem is in the mtr.rpyc file
Not IN the file. If you have a Exception like "Could not load file" the problem is accessing the file itself. He doesnt even get as far as reading the content.

That said, if posting about such a problem it's always a good idea to write the apps/games name and version, the RenPy version (if not visible like in the your traceback) and the name and version of the tool you used(There are mannnny different unren these days).

Anyway. Good you got it sorted.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes