Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Search the thread for 'multiprocessing' and you shall find the solution to your problem ...
Hint: It's not UnRen that is faulty ;)
I wonder if it would be possible for UnRen to detect these files and bypass this problem?

JuninPk

Feb 25, 2020
Hello, I have a question, I was trying to extract the rpyc files, with this new version and it says that the files are being ''skipped'', and then it looks like this in the folder
1696025852210.png

Nemesis0101

Apr 12, 2021
Guys, I need some help here, please. I run into this problem when trying to decompile the rpyc for a game with UnRen-1.0.11b.bat, I get:
TypeError: 'getattr' object is not capable

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using built in ), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more. The intent of this tool is to remain a simple, no-nonsense utility for accessing Ren'Py game content, current and past.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source! Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10, but XP and Vista can be supported too (see "Known Issues" section.)

There are other tools which do similar things, for your consideration:
Thread updated: 2023-06-14

Instructions:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Known Issues - Feel free to report in the thread if you encounter any issues or bugs:
Contributions:
Change Log:

Download
Unren-1.0.11d
Another game has cause the error when trying to extract the RPA files
This time the latest version of Lust Village
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-village-v0-50-mr-c.18341/

Screenshot 2023-10-08 023511.png

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
goobdoob gave the explanation, so I'll just point to the tool that should fix the issue.
Hi! Sorry for reply to an old-ass comment, but I've been trying to look into some code that the dev is trying to obfuscate (namely them reading the name of the Windows account/machine and then displaying them in the game - this only my theory and trying to see the code would help me understand if I'm correct).

I've used UnRen 1.0.11d, and whilst it unpacked the .rpa just fine, the de-compile step fails at the "multiprocessing" part. So I deleted said folder (as per advice in this thread) and now I'm back to "zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect head check". The tool you linked doesn't find the .exe (I'm assuming because the game is on Ren'Py 8), so that didn't help.

The game in question: Between Humanity

Thanks in advance for your help!

May 17, 2023
Hi! Sorry for reply to an old-ass comment, but I've been trying to look into some code that the dev is trying to obfuscate (namely them reading the name of the Windows account/machine and then displaying them in the game - this only my theory and trying to see the code would help me understand if I'm correct).

I've used UnRen 1.0.11d, and whilst it unpacked the .rpa just fine, the de-compile step fails at the "multiprocessing" part. So I deleted said folder (as per advice in this thread) and now I'm back to "zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect head check". The tool you linked doesn't find the .exe (I'm assuming because the game is on Ren'Py 8), so that didn't help.

The game in question: Between Humanity

Thanks in advance for your help!
Use UnRen-forall mentioned in OP

• Red Heart
Reactions: bitsybobs3

por42

Sep 2, 2020
hi i dont know if the maker will see this
i found a game wher i cant unlock dev mode i dont know if i did somting wrong some help please ?

but ive used it on other games before so thanks for making it

oso i dont know how to send screen chots so let me know if you need anything

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
the chift+o works but i cant see the variable names i need to change
All variable names can be seen by entering shift+d. If you can't tell from that, try reading the .rpy files in the "game" folder.

Edit: All .rpy files are readable (and modifiable) by any decent text editor.

por42

Sep 2, 2020
All variable names can be seen by entering shift+d. If you can't tell from that, try reading the .rpy files in the "game" folder.

Edit: All .rpy files are readable (and modifiable) by any decent text editor.
shift+d dousnt work
and i dont know wha file to read in the "game" folder.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
Not quite 100% on Love Sex and Second Base.
Unpacking the newest version results in errors in labels_story.rpy since the game doesn't know how to format a textbox.
And the image picker lil wonky with attributes.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes