Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I created this topic to simplify updating and maintaining the tool, so that people no longer have to search for the current version among the messages.
I am also ready to present a version of the tool with a graphical interface. Like the main tool, this version comes in two variants.

Here is a link Unren by Sam to the original topic, the tool was not invented by me, I'm just trying to keep it up-to-date as much as possible. You can also see there that for about the last six months I have been trying to keep this tool in operation.
Here is a link to repo if anyone is interested.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Known Issues:
- Having parentheses and some other special characters in your folder path may cause issues.
Attention. The name of the tool indicates the minimum version of RenPy required for working. The version can be found in the file "game/script_version.txt"
My mod supports only Windows, for Linux and Mac you can go to this thread and search for messages from dikau.

Last edited:

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
In my experience, people tend to ignore even what is in front of them, just to make things official maybe you should put the instructions in the OP. I know is the same as the old one but still.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
In my experience, people tend to ignore even what is in front of them, just to make things official maybe you should put the instructions in the OP. I know is the same as the old one but still.
A good offer, I did so.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I didn't understand. You don't have this bar-menu displayed?

bymechul

Jul 31, 2019
"Error while decompiling D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\game\names.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\unrpyc.py", line 191, in worker
tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
File "D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\unrpyc.py", line 154, in decompile_rpyc
ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
File "D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\unrpyc.py", line 125, in read_ast_from_file
raw_contents = chunks[1]
KeyError: 1"

I get this error. what's the problem? and how can i fix it?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
"Error while decompiling D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\game\names.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\unrpyc.py", line 191, in worker
tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
File "D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\unrpyc.py", line 154, in decompile_rpyc
ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
File "D:\LifeWithPleasure-V1.0-pc\unrpyc.py", line 125, in read_ast_from_file
raw_contents = chunks[1]
KeyError: 1"

I get this error. what's the problem? and how can i fix it?
At the very least, you should name the version of the tool that you are using. I just checked the latest version of my mod and everything decompiles without any problems.

bymechul

Jul 31, 2019
At the very least, you should name the version of the tool that you are using. I just checked the latest version of my mod and everything decompiles without any problems.
this version. v12. rpa decompile works but rpyc does not. 1634221102608.png

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
this version. v12. rpa decompile works but rpyc does not. View attachment 1452456
1634222684002.png

As you can see, I have no such problems. Decompilation was completed successfully. The game version is also 1.0 release. The only thing that comes to my mind, maybe it's something systemic. If you know how, try running the Cmd as an administrator and then the script itself. Although, in principle, it should work for all users. I also suggest checking on another or virtual system. :unsure:

bymechul

Jul 31, 2019
I also tried in virtual machine. but it didn't work. I am dumping some of the rpyc files, can you try decompile it?
View attachment 1452469

As you can see, I have no such problems. Decompilation was completed successfully. The game version is also 1.0 release. The only thing that comes to my mind, maybe it's something systemic. If you know how, try running the Cmd as an administrator and then the script itself. Although, in principle, it should work for all users. I also suggest checking on another or virtual system. :unsure:
I also tried in virtual machine. but it didn't work. I am dumping some of the rpyc files, can you try decompile it?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Indeed, I also get such an error. I compared the files that you sent and those that were able to decompile, as well as those that were in my game folder earlier. Firstly, the weight is different, and the difference is quite large, but I blunted and did not save my working version of these files. As for the comparison with the others, the headers in them also different. In those that were able to decompile after RENPY RPC2 there are special characters. While in yours there are some numbers. I assume that either the files are intentionally corrupted, or this is some new way of compiling. I will be able to say more precisely only after I download the game again.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

There is a file "script.py" in the folder "renpy"? can you send it to me?

Reactions: effninefivehuman

bymechul

Jul 31, 2019
There is a file "script.py" in the folder "renpy"? can you send it to me?
There is script.pyo. in hashed form. Yes, as you said, it may have been intentionally corrupted. because the game was portable. and I couldn't open the pyo file.

1634232312882.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes