Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Wumpar

Jul 25, 2019
Tested the original unren v0.91 with edited PATH and that one works fine. success.
thanks a lot for your help, VepsrP.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I was just going to say: edited PATH, now it runs.
but I get this error:
This is really strange. :unsure: This error should be either for everyone or no one. I myself sometimes got it when I cut the code incorrectly or something. That's why I always check on my games (available) before releasing them. And I checked just now, no errors, just the correct unpacking.:rolleyes:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Tested the original unren v0.91 with edited PATH and that one works fine. success.
thanks a lot for your help, VepsrP.
There is a problem with the decompiler in it. In the future, if the game code is hidden only deep in folders, the tool will not find them. Purely a warning. The moderator who compiled this version made a mistake somewhere.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I created this topic to simplify updating and maintaining the tool, so that people no longer have to search for the current version among the messages. Also later I will post here a python version with a graphical interface, for those who find it convenient. Personally, I use this version of the tool.

Here is a link Unren by Sam to the original topic, the tool was not invented by me, I'm just trying to keep it up-to-date as much as possible. You can also see there that for about the last six months I have been trying to keep this tool in operation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Attention. UnRen v.0.11-new only works with RenPy 7.4+
My mod supports only Windows, unfortunately there is no support for Linux and Mac.
Thanks for this, I'll use it in the future, but I already deleted my mod post, and they have a policy now of on 1 wt mod, and 1 gallery mod per OP. I'm a fucking idiot. wish I would have known about this before. Last I heard Sam wasn't going to update it anymore. I was not aware of this new version. You would think I really should have been. I'll try it to see if it works anyway. My bad!

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
quick question

the unren-master works fine - is it not avail anymore to download?
I didn't really understand the question. Do you mean an older version of modification of the tool? UnRen-master is just a older name for putting into production. But since I have now finalized the archive unpacker, which only works with the latest version of RenPy, I had to make two files. If your games are quietly unpacked and decompiled, then it is not necessary to download another version. But I want to note that only the latest versions of modifications can decompile the WOTD game code. ;)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks for this, I'll use it in the future, but I already deleted my mod post, and they have a policy now of on 1 wt mod, and 1 gallery mod per OP. I'm a fucking idiot. wish I would have known about this before. Last I heard Sam wasn't going to update it anymore. I was not aware of this new version. You would think I really should have been. I'll try it to see if it works anyway. My bad!
It should work. I always check on at least one game before releasing a new update. If some game resists, just write to me and I will try to solve this issue, if it does not concern proprietary technologies.(y)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I didn't really understand the question. Do you mean an older version of modification of the tool? UnRen-master is just a older name for putting into production. But since I have now finalized the archive unpacker, which only works with the latest version of RenPy, I had to make two files. If your games are quietly unpacked and decompiled, then it is not necessary to download another version. But I want to note that only the latest versions of modifications can decompile the WOTD game code. ;)
this version (from end of september ?)

its working so far on all games
a friend wanted to dl but , yeah i send him this ;)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Any news on this front?
Yes, I wanted to drop this version almost immediately. But, since there were no takers, I decided to wait and work on this version of the tool for some more time. Now I am faced with the problem of introducing the latest updates. If I can solve this issue, I will post this tool, otherwise I will probably just abandon this idea.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Now I am faced with the problem of introducing the latest updates.
Seeing as the only differences between the two batch files is the set of rpatool0x env vars en the commandline option in rpa unpack loop...
being a total amateur coding in python, would it be not as simple as to just include both in the .py file and include them as separate options in a presumably existing menu?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Seeing as the only differences between the two batch files is the set of rpatool0x env vars en the commandline option in rpa unpack loop...
being a total amateur coding in python, would it be not as simple as to just include both in the .py file and include them as separate options in a presumably existing menu?
No, the problem is that the GUI application is separate from the game. I wrote it in general only in order to be able to specify a folder with all the games and then choose which game to work out all the selected actions with. But to unpack 7.4+ and decompile 7+ versions of RenPy, I import part of the engine code. Not sure if it will work with this tool. I'll check it out later. And then I will decide whether I will include the new version of rpatool or the old one.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
No, the problem is that the GUI application is separate from the game. I wrote it in general only in order to be able to specify a folder with all the games and then choose which game to work out all the selected actions with. But to unpack 7.4+ and decompile 7+ versions of RenPy, I import part of the engine code. Not sure if it will work with this tool. I'll check it out later. And then I will decide whether I will include the new version of rpatool or the old one.
Ah, if it functions like that then it won't fit my situation... my games folder follows a slightly different structure... I've got parent game folders that contain the actual game folder, existing mods and existing patches

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Ah, if it functions like that then it won't fit my situation... my games folder follows a slightly different structure... I've got parent game folders that contain the actual game folder, existing mods and existing patches
I haven't worked on such a complex attachment structure yet. But maybe later I'll think about how the program can handle it.

Reactions: FaceCrap

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
A new tool. Requires python 3, PyQt5 and the ability to work with them.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks, the new version works as intended.

If I use the extracted rpatool alone with something like rpatool.py -o "game" -x "E:\DSCS-0.1.1-win\game\dscs.rpa" it says rpatool.py: error: unrecognized arguments: -o -x E:\DSCS-0.1.1-win\game\dscs.rpa though.
Is extracting to a specific target folder no longer supported?
Because rpatool does not use the engine code that the game developer changed. This tool is completely independent, which has its own problems. At the same time, depack12 uses only the capabilities of the engine itself and does not start by itself.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes