Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
was portable. not compressed. I found the application used and changed the application to normal. normally the game is working and portable too. but i didn't open rpyc files :(
for the first time I meet portable games on RenPy. In theory, they are initially portable.

bymechul

Jul 31, 2019
for the first time I meet portable games on RenPy. In theory, they are initially portable.
A translation site translates the game into another language. It makes the game portable so that the codes are not easily accessible later. because there is a login in the game.(premium account login) I wanted to find and replace this login file. but the files are encrypted :d

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
A translation site translates the game into another language. It makes the game portable so that the codes are not easily accessible later. because there is a login in the game.(premium account login) I wanted to find and replace this login file. but the files are encrypted :d
I suggest using the original game files.:) As I understand it, another compilation technology is used there. Proprietary. Which is beyond my capabilities. But it was a good experience. I couldn't read the archive headers directly from the engine code. But I was able to read the header of the compiled files from there. Later, if the tests go well, I will release a new version of the tool that will be able to decompile files with any header. Still, it would be a pleasure to make this possible for archives , but alas.:(

bymechul

Jul 31, 2019
I suggest using the original game files.:) As I understand it, another compilation technology is used there. Proprietary. Which is beyond my capabilities. But it was a good experience. I couldn't read the archive headers directly from the engine code. But I was able to read the header of the compiled files from there. Later, if the tests go well, I will release a new version of the tool that will be able to decompile files with any header. Still, it would be a pleasure to make this possible for archives , but alas.:(
this surpassed me. thanks anyway:d

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Which, exactly, obfuscation does #7 attempt to reverse? Direct message if it's more appropriate to discuss that way. Regards.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Which, exactly, obfuscation does #7 attempt to reverse? Direct message if it's more appropriate to discuss that way. Regards.
if you are interested in how deobfuscation works, then this is more a question for the developers of the tool.

Reactions: tridems

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
if you are interested in how deobfuscation works, then this is more a question for the developers of the tool.
I know how obfuscation/deobfusaction works, but specifically what obfuscation scheme is it working that isn't already a part of #2 standard decompile?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I know how obfuscation/deobfusaction works, but specifically what obfuscation scheme is it working that isn't already a part of #2 standard decompile?
In the second command, deobfuscation is not used at all. During deobfuscation, alternative methods of decoding information are used: 1) decompression of zlib (instead of decode); 2) decode hex code; 3) decode base64 code; 4) decode string-escape (whatever that means). As for why I have singled out a separate item for this - in most cases there is no need for deobfuscation, normal decompilation is enough, but if it does not work, it makes sense to try a more complex option.

Reactions: n0cn1l

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
In the second command, deobfuscation is not used at all. During deobfuscation, alternative methods of decoding information are used: 1) decompression of zlib (instead of decode); 2) decode hex code; 3) decode base64 code; 4) decode string-escape (whatever that means). As for why I have singled out a separate item for this - in most cases there is no need for deobfuscation, normal decompilation is enough, but if it does not work, it makes sense to try a more complex option.
There you go, yes, was wondering why separated versus original all-in-one. Regards.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
VepsrP hey, since you are the one inchage of upgrading the tool, much appreciated tho
saw the talk in main thread and have been meaning to ask you if you would be willing to add option in your mod for deleting rpa files after they are extracted, they are dead weight anyway, for us slackers so we dont have to do it manually.
it has been done before, now years ago, mod still working on games tho it is old and for anything else obsolete
thats the one delete rpa mod if you want to look in to it
majority i guess dont care about it, but it is handy to have option if need it

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
VepsrP hey, since you are the one inchage of upgrading the tool, much appreciated tho
saw the talk in main thread and have been meaning to ask you if you would be willing to add option in your mod for deleting rpa files after they are extracted, they are dead weight anyway, for us slackers so we dont have to do it manually.
it has been done before, now years ago, mod still working on games tho it is old and for anything else obsolete
thats the one delete rpa mod if you want to look in to it
majority i guess dont care about it, but it is handy to have option if need it
Good. I'll see what I can do about it when I get back from work.

Wumpar

Jul 25, 2019
VepsrP, tried your tool, still same error.

starts like this:

Creating rpatool...
'powershell.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
leads to this:

rpatool.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
VepsrP, tried your tool, still same error.
starts like this:
leads to this:
Now we can work. The tool says that you don't have PowerShell installed. That is why rpatool.py is not created and do not work out further instructions. What operating system do you have? As far as I know, only Windows XP does not have this application installed by default, as it is written in the instructions both on my page and in the main topic.

Reactions: Wumpar

Wumpar

Jul 25, 2019
Now we can work. The tool says that you don't have PowerShell installed. That is why rpatool.py is not created and do not work out further instructions. What operating system do you have? As far as I know, only Windows XP does not have this application installed by default, as it is written in the instructions both on my page and in the main topic.
Win10 and I have powershell. otherwise I should get this error:

! Error: Powershell is required, unable to continue.

Wumpar

Jul 25, 2019
Try this version. I hope this helps, because there is more of a problem in your computer than in the script.
thanks. same error, minus the .exe

rechecked. powershell is in the correct folder and I can execute it from there and cmd

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
thanks. same error, minus the .exe

rechecked. powershell is in the correct folder and I can execute it from there and cmd

I've thought about this solution before, but hoped it wouldn't be needed.

Reactions: Wumpar

Wumpar

Jul 25, 2019

I've thought about this solution before, but hoped it wouldn't be needed.
I was just going to say: edited PATH, now it runs.
but I get this error:

Creating rpatool...
Exception calling "FromBase64String" with "1" argument(s): "The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a
non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters. "
At line:1 char:5
+ & { [IO.File]::WriteAllBytes("D:\Game Install\AWAM\AWAM\rpatool.py", ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : FormatException

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes