Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I tried to do the console .... the game has console codes but where is the damn console. I hit Shift O like it says but nothing happenes. any help ? please
Place unren.bat it the games folder
Run unren.bat
type 3 > press enter
Close unren
Run the game
When the game has loaded
Press Shift+O
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: GaryA1981

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Press Shift+O
In fact, there's a trap here. I know that it was your intend, but it's shift + o that open the console ; it's the minus letter "o", not the "O" key.
It happen to me time to time that I hit caps lock instead of tab to trigger the skipping feature, and end trapped because the console wont open anymore until I reverse it.

Reactions: Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
In fact, there's a trap here. I know that it was your intend, but it's shift + o that open the console ; it's the minus letter "o", not the "O" key.
It happen to me time to time that I hit caps lock instead of tab to trigger the skipping feature, and end trapped because the console wont open anymore until I reverse it.
Just did a quick test and yes you're right, I've never noticed that before. Thanks for the correction.
CAPSLOCK > Shift+O won't open the console
Lowercase > Shift+o will open the console
That's kinda weird I wonder why the console command is case sensitive?

kwazimoda

Aug 5, 2018
Already modified UnRen.bat with new function:
+ after unpacking un.rpyc file game exe file launch automatically.
1553805489541.png

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Any version of unren,

raise ValueError('the given file is not a valid Ren\'Py archive, or an unsup
ported version')
ValueError: the given file is not a valid Ren'Py archive, or an unsupported vers
ion

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Any version of unren,

raise ValueError('the given file is not a valid Ren\'Py archive, or an unsup
ported version')
ValueError: the given file is not a valid Ren'Py archive, or an unsupported vers
ion
Sounds like unren.bat is in the wrong location. Or there's an issue with the path. Where in the game are you putting the batch file? What's the path to the game? How long is the path? Are there any special characters in the path?

Reactions: Kablooie

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I mean this game is created on the Raspberry Pi device.
No, it's not. The Raspberry Pi version use exactly the same code than any other version, and so the same format for the RPA archives.
It can't be opened because the authors of the game tweaked Ren'py to put a small alteration of the RPA format. They changed it's signature to "RPI-3" and added two insignificant bytes before the key used to encrypt the index. Nothing that can't be reverted, but the problem with RPA alteration is that they need to edit unrpa (or other) code each time.
@CobraPL , attached you'll find a version of unrpa that should open those RPA files (tested only with the previous version of the game, I greatly dislike games that use an installer). It also works with regular RPA for convenience, but I don't recommend to use it with other games than this one.

Reactions: CobraPL

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
What happened to unren and/or notepad++? Now when I open rpyc files in renpy games I get random nonsensical gibberish and symbols

The Bunny

Jun 20, 2017
@Sam Can you add to the 0.8v the option to convert .webp to .jpg or .png if the .bat finds any files with the .webp extension ? There are many renpy games that still use .webp extension and its a pain to convert it to .jpg, at least for me . Thank you man for your work ! Love it ! :D

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Now when I open rpyc files in renpy games I get random nonsensical gibberish and symbols
What do you mean exactly ? That you open RPYC files with a text editor ? Well, it always have this consequences since they aren't plain text files ; it's the RPY ones that are human readable.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@Sam Can you add to the 0.8v the option to convert .webp to .jpg or .png if the .bat finds any files with the .webp extension ? There are many renpy games that still use .webp extension and its a pain to convert it to .jpg, at least for me . Thank you man for your work ! Love it ! :D
Converting a bunch of webps to jpg or png can take HOURS. You don't want to do that.

Instead you want to install the correct software on your system to allow you to open webps.

Reactions: QuantumSciGuy

The Bunny

Jun 20, 2017
Converting a bunch of webps to jpg or png can take HOURS. You don't want to do that.

Instead you want to install the correct software on your system to allow you to open webps.
I would want to wait hours than to install some scummy software that plays with my files behind my back like the 99% of apps that i had for this exact purpose...

kwazimoda

Aug 5, 2018
Reactions: The Bunny
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes