Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes
Apr 5, 2018
hey guys. I am using unren from about 3 months. it worked fine . but now suddenly it stopped working it always unable to extract and gives error "rpatool.py not found".
I have tried on many renpy games but no luck. Any help? Whats wrong?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
hey guys. I am using unren from about 3 months. it worked fine . but now suddenly it stopped working it always unable to extract and gives error "rpatool.py not found".
I have tried on many renpy games but no luck. Any help? Whats wrong?
Is it the same problem than here and here ?

1) copying unren.bat to every target directory instead of just dropping a file of the directory on it
2) menu structure (press 1 to return to main menu)
From my point of view, your modded version isn't really less clunky, just clunky in a different way.
Your drag/drop way would be justified if the files weren't embedded, but don't really change something like it is. It pass through the need to double click unren to launch it, which can be a good idea, but imply that you need to redo the whole process if you forgot something or finally want to do something else.
As for the menu thing, not having it is better when you want to do another thing, and worse when you don't want to do another thing.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
my edit works both ways by simply checking for command line parameters (%1- = file) and returns to the main menu by default, adding "0 - exit" as option while pushing "do all" to 8. the rest remains the same.

well whatever

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
my edit works both ways by simply checking for command line parameters (%1- = file) and returns to the main menu by default, adding "0 - exit" as option while pushing "do all" to 8. the rest remains the same.

well whatever
That's what I did for the Mac/Linux version, except instead of running it from the game directory it will prompt you to enter (copy/paste or drag) the path to the game. And return to menu by default, with "q" to quit.

Apr 5, 2018
Is it the same problem than here and here ?

From my point of view, your modded version isn't really less clunky, just clunky in a different way.
Your drag/drop way would be justified if the files weren't embedded, but don't really change something like it is. It pass through the need to double click unren to launch it, which can be a good idea, but imply that you need to redo the whole process if you forgot something or finally want to do something else.
As for the menu thing, not having it is better when you want to do another thing, and worse when you don't want to do another thing.
Yes it is same as this one.
here

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Yes it is same as this one.
here
:( It start to be recurrent :(

• Do you use the "official" unren (found on the first page) or the modded one ?
  • Have you changed something regarding Windows recently ?
  • Have you changed something regarding PowerShell recently ?
  • Have you been able to use this exact same version (mean: it's not a fresh download) of unren before ?
  • If you try with another game, did you still get this error ?
  • If you change the location of the game, did you still get this error ?

@CheesyButt can you also answer this ?

I know what's the problem, but absolutely not why it could happen suddenly, so I try to cover as much as possible.

Apr 5, 2018
:( It start to be recurrent :(

• Do you use the "official" unren (found on the first page) or the modded one ?
  • Have you changed something regarding Windows recently ?
  • Have you changed something regarding PowerShell recently ?
  • Have you been able to use this exact same version (mean: it's not a fresh download) of unren before ?
  • If you try with another game, did you still get this error ?
  • If you change the location of the game, did you still get this error ?

@CheesyButt can you also answer this ?

I know what's the problem, but absolutely not why it could happen suddenly, so I try to cover as much as possible.
Answer to your questions..
1. Yes i have official unren (found on the first page)
2. Nothing specific. But windows might took several automatic update (routine update)
3. I dont know what Power Shell is. ( I just use Unren sometimes to extract renpy games or enable console)
4. Yes I have used the exact v0.7 on many games before and it worked ( I even tried downloading again but failed)
5. Yes I am getting this error on every game. ( I have tried many of them )
6. Yes I tried changing drives (e.g. C , D & E drive) but no luck.
I hope it helps. I've tried No. 4 , 5 and 6 again right now to make sure so that the information is verified. Thanks

Reactions: anne O'nymous

CheesyButt

Aug 10, 2018
2. Nothing specific. But windows might took several automatic update (routine update)
3. I dont know what Power Shell is. ( I just use Unren sometimes to extract renpy games or enable console)
4. Yes I have used the exact v0.7 on many games before and it worked ( I even tried downloading again but failed)
I hope it helps. I've tried No. 4 , 5 and 6 again right now to make sure so that the information is verified. Thanks
What i did to fix that error is I downloaded the rpatool and the folder I got had a file type file (sounds weird) inside that folder.
I then put that file inside the game sub folder of the game I was trying to use rpatool on and renamed it _rpatool.py I also copyed that file to make a 2nd one in the same place and renamed the 2nd file _rpatool.py.tmp

That seemed to resolve the error but a whole new error popped up and I have no idea how to fix that part

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017

If you only use unren for unpacking the archives with the images and videos and don't care about quick saves, skipping & rollback, then give (Universal Extractor 2) a try. The awesome program was discontinued but has been forked and expanded on. I can right click a rpa file and select, unpack to folder named, or double click it and get more options (uniextract has to be the default handler for .rpa files for this to work)

2.0.0 RC 2 fresh! - Even though its portable you want to put in a good spot; don't just unzip in your DL folder. First run will run config

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
with a bit of windows know-how you can add unren.bat to the context menu as well. but in the end it will be the same thing only a little bit more roundabout.

compliant

Aug 12, 2018
Hi,

Does anyone have a solution to make "Force enable rollback" work in RenPy games which are now displaying text chat history windows? These text chat windows make the feature unusable, unfortunately. I cannot find a way to rebind the key to something else in game or in the script. (Example game is Hadaka Shitsuji - Naked Butlers, maybe Chasing the Stars) (There are more I just don't recall.)

Thanks

Edit: btw the version I'm using is from the OP v0.7.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Does anybody have a video of how to install this because I really don’t understand where the thing goes
Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require
Seems pretty straightforward to me.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes