Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

DMC

May 17, 2017
Hey guys, little help, please. I have been using unren for about 2 years, and it worked perfectly. But about 3 weeks ago, i wanted to extract images from a game, and the black box appeared and immediately disappeared. Now I can't extract pics from any game, old and new. It crashes always. Tried to download the new version and run it as admin. Doesn't work. Can someone tell me what went wrong and how to fix it? I have been using unren very often, so this problem really bothers me. Thank you :)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hey guys, little help, please. I have been using unren for about 2 years, and it worked perfectly. But about 3 weeks ago, i wanted to extract images from a game, and the black box appeared and immediately disappeared. Now I can't extract pics from any game, old and new. It crashes always. Tried to download the new version and run it as admin. Doesn't work. Can someone tell me what went wrong and how to fix it? I have been using unren very often, so this problem really bothers me. Thank you :)
Are you running it by double clicking unren.bat?

Try running it from a command window instead. You might get an error message.

DMC

May 17, 2017
Are you running it by double clicking unren.bat?

Try running it from a command window instead. You might get an error message.
Tried to run from a command window, and it crashed also. That gives me an idea and I tried to pop that window on other things. It also crashed. Then I typed cmd.exe in search and the same result. Tried to start it from PowerShell, and it only said this '& was unexpected at this time.' So I guess my problem just got more complicated.:cry:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] and it only said this '& was unexpected at this time.' So I guess my problem just got more complicated.:cry:
There's a problem with the code of unren, that's what the error say in a so obscure way. But, yes, it's more complicated since you downloaded it again and the code shouldn't have problem with this version. My guess is that one of the powershell/DOS tool/command have had a little change that broke everything, but which one and why, I don't know.

DMC

May 17, 2017
Is there a way to fix cmd.exe then? If it keeps crashing, I guess maybe the problem lies with him.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Is there a way to fix cmd.exe then? If it keeps crashing, I guess maybe the problem lies with him.
First, do a virus scan. If you don't have an antivirus, get something like AVG free from .

Run the OS diags and repair stuff. If that doesn't work, try Windows Repair - .

addicted2k

Sep 30, 2018
So I just starter the latest chapter of Alison Fall of the Apple and for some reason, the MC's name is just...gone.
I've loaded my last save from the previous chapter...it plays fine...but I'm now nameless!!

Is there a way to fix that with the unren console?

Thanks in advance for your help!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So I just starter the latest chapter of Alison Fall of the Apple and for some reason, the MC's name is just...gone.
I've loaded my last save from the previous chapter...it plays fine...but I'm now nameless!!

View attachment 300838

Is there a way to fix that with the unren console?

Thanks in advance for your help!
It's not UnRen's console; it's Ren'Py's console.

You should ask this in the Alison Fall of the Apple thread.

Aug 9, 2017
I'm having the same problem. Wondering if it's because I switched antivirus (not like it's detecting anything, but nothing else changed)

shintopu

Jul 24, 2018
Someone told me to use this for a CGrip on the game "corruption" by Mr.C
I used the compressed version of the game, followed the steps and did options 1-6 on "unren" but not sure where the "cgrip" files are supposed to be.
Or is it because I did it on the Compressed version and it has to be the full version of the game

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Someone told me to use this for a CGrip on the game "corruption" by Mr.C
I used the compressed version of the game, followed the steps and did options 1-6 on "unren" but not sure where the "cgrip" files are supposed to be.
Or is it because I did it on the Compressed version and it has to be the full version of the game
The compressed version almost certainly has the images converted to webp. You need to install the webp codec and a webp reader to be able to handle those images like standard pngs or jpegs.

Google webp.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Sam some games won't allow opening the console dev by using unren.
If there's a new update coming, would you add the path to manually enable console command (and variable viewer) after choosing option 3

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Sam some games won't allow opening the console dev by using unren.
If there's a new update coming, would you add the path to manually enable console command (and variable viewer) after choosing option 3
Since there's no change in Ren'py that can lead to this (perhaps in the new 7.3.0, but there isn't game that use it yet), it's blocked by some trick. So, at least one game name would be useful to understand why it don't works anymore, and how to correct the problem.

Reactions: Canto Forte

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Since there's no change in Ren'py that can lead to this (perhaps in the new 7.3.0, but there isn't game that use it yet), it's blocked by some trick. So, at least one game name would be useful to understand why it don't works anymore, and how to correct the problem.
So let me separate in 2 parts:
1) The problem is errors that the game gives are on startup or executing certain parts.

2) The games are 4 elements trainer and rogue-like.
2.1) 4 elements trainer: has a label defined twice which normally doesn't show, but in this case it does after having the unren-dev file in the folder. My guess is it has to do with the init statement on one of the files named in the error bellow.
The label korra_meditate_repeat_slap is defined twice, at
File "game/bk4/bk4_scripts/bk4_s_korra_meditate.rpy", line 218 and
File "game/bk4/bk4_scripts/bk4_start.rpy", line 2377.
2.2) Rogue-like: Just bad development imo. He has dev only code for when he's developing which loads a bunch of shit he uses when creating builds, these ofc are not available to the player, so when you try to start a new game what you'll get is an error saying it can't find directories / files. (This is what i used to get when I played it).

Reactions: Canto Forte

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So let me separate in 2 parts:
1) The problem is errors that the game gives are on startup or executing certain parts.

2) The games are 4 elements trainer and rogue-like.
2.1) 4 elements trainer: has a label defined twice which normally doesn't show, but in this case it does after having the unren-dev file in the folder. My guess is it has to do with the init statement on one of the files named in the error bellow.

2.2) Rogue-like: Just bad development imo. He has dev only code for when he's developing which loads a bunch of shit he uses when creating builds, these ofc are not available to the player, so when you try to start a new game what you'll get is an error saying it can't find directories / files. (This is what i used to get when I played it).
What I've seen (I had problem 2.1 with the Mac version of Milfy City) is enabling the developer menu causes this issue.

Open unren-dev.rpy and remove the line that says
config.developer = True

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Like goobdoob said, it's due to the developer mode. Ren'py complain about duplicated label only when it's enabled. Else, it silently deal with the problem.
There's a workaround, adding this in a "000whatever.rpy" file :
Code:
python early:
    config.allow_duplicate_labels = True
It will effectively works only on recent version of Ren'py (7.2.0 and newer). But like Ren'py don't complain if you define a configuration value that don't exist yet, it's probably a good idea to add it directly in unren.

2.2) Rogue-like: Just bad development imo. He has dev only code [...]
I haven't tried it lately, because my mod for this game is on perpetual hold, but normally adding this somewhere should resolve the problem :
Code:
label Rogue_Room_Test:
    while True:
        if Day == 1 and Time_Count == 2:
            jump Prologue
        else:
            call Worldmap
The problem being that my mod is on perpetual hold because enabling the developer mode tend to also trigger a lot of unrelated bugs, all different with each updates.
Anyway, once again it's due to the developer mode.

Sam is it possible to separate the console enabling and the developer mode enabling, without starting to change unren in something too big and/or complicated to use ? From my point of view, it's the best way to deal with problems like these ones.
If you can also add the duplicated label thing, it would probably be a good idea. It will not works with games still using an older version of Ren'py, but at least it will prevent some in the future.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes