Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Thx I'll give a shot . I should really read before I post, it should have said "I'm not much of a tech guy", as apposed to "not much of a guy". I'm fairly certain that I'm still a guy. Lol.
It was obvious what you meant ;)

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Yeah, I'm lazy too. Attached is the Unofficial-UnRen (UnUnRen) that I modded for myself which works with Ren'Py 7 and has other fixes posted by others in the thread until Sam has time to update.
I ended up figuring out the "def unren_noblock(*args, **kwargs):" fix on my own but too bad I didn't check here first because you already discovered it before me.

UnRen also has an annoying UI bug where if you push enter without typing anything in while at the exit menu, it will repeat the last command you typed instead of exiting like it should.

At the very last lines in UnRen, adding "set exitoption=." to assign the variable to nothing fixes it.
Code:
echo    Finished!
echo.
set exitoption=.
echo    Enter "1" to go back to the menu, or any other
set /p exitoption=.   key to exit:

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I ended up figuring out the "def unren_noblock(*args, **kwargs):" fix on my own but too bad I didn't check here first because you already discovered it before me.

UnRen also has an annoying UI bug where if you push enter without typing anything in while at the exit menu, it will repeat the last command you typed instead of exiting like it should.

At the very last lines in UnRen, adding "set exitoption=." to assign the variable to nothing fixes it.
Code:
echo    Finished!
echo.
set exitoption=.
echo    Enter "1" to go back to the menu, or any other
set /p exitoption=.   key to exit:
Don't hate me, but I'd already done that in my unofficial version from the post you quoted :)

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Don't hate me, but I'd already done that in my unofficial version from the post you quoted :)

Oh yeah well... uh... you forgot to put the space at the end of "Enter a number: " so that the colon and input don't touch each other! That's basically a critical program breaking bug... more or less.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
How do you exit from the console and dev menu?
In addition to what @anubis1970 said, you can also use the right click of the mouse to exit the console. As for the developer menu... well, you click on the "return" button ; it's the only one at the bottom of the script if the game use an untranslated version of the interface.

sephar

Jul 4, 2017
can you please reupload the unren.bat program
i can't download the link you post
i need to use it IYKWIM ... :D
thanks

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i'm curious, is there any reason no one has an already precompiled un.rpyc?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
i'm curious, is there any reason no one has an already precompiled un.rpyc?
What's probably the major part of this update is that now UnRen works with a none precompiled version. I have nothing against the original version made by CensoredUsername, but being able to unrpyc the files before you even launch the game is by far a better approach.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
What's probably the major part of this update is that now UnRen works with a none precompiled version. I have nothing against the original version made by CensoredUsername, but being able to unrpyc the files before you even launch the game is by far a better approach.
huh? but unren.bat's un.rpyc you have to run the game to decrypt?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
huh? but unren.bat's un.rpyc you have to run the game to decrypt?
Not anymore - new version of Unren does it right from the program without starting the game.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes