Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Huh? Store unren or output of unpacking/decompiling everywhere?
No, no you are mistaken. The output of unpacking/decompiling is stored in the game's "game" folder while unren is located in the folder with all renpy games.

Why did @cold_arctus have the same ideas about coffee maker ability in unren?
Because everyone likes good coffee in the morning. :p

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Give us. Now!
Unfortunately, some of the nested code disappears during decompilation, I suggest you check it yourself.
Update: Premature joy. After all, I only checked on one file. And now, when I checked on others, the errors started. I went on working.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Here's the best version. But still some of the code is missing. But, tested on 45 files of the game Apartment69, all decompiled. I also checked on the WVM game files(RenPy 7.2.2) - for some reason, the output of information to the console freezes and the program does not terminate, although all files are decompiled. :unsure:
Update: Well, another game found another bug, but I've already fixed it. If your console will report any errors, you can leave the screenshots, I'll fix it, but here's what to do with the code that disappears, here my powers are already all over. :HideThePain:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryahn

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Here's the best version. But still some of the code is missing. But, tested on 45 files of the game Apartment69, all decompiled. I also checked on the WVM game files(RenPy 7.2.2) - for some reason, the output of information to the console freezes and the program does not terminate, although all files are decompiled. :unsure:
Update: Well, another game found another bug, but I've already fixed it. If your console will report any errors, you can leave the screenshots, I'll fix it, but here's what to do with the code that disappears, here my powers are already all over. :HideThePain:
Doing gods work. Let me know when you need code review to have it added to OP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Doing gods work. Let me know when you need code review to have it added to OP
Probably never, since I only made it work on python 3. As for how it works and why some of the code doesn't decompile - I have no idea. Unless anne O'nymous or someone of his level can solve this problem. :BootyTime:

creedgeezer

Apr 24, 2019
I just downloaded the latest vr of this......But whenever i try to decompile the rpyc(option2) it immediately quit......But the other option are working....I tried to choose all(option9 i think) but it quits too after it decompiles the rpa.......
Anyone knows what the problem?
No error found...It just quit

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
The three should be able to be put together. ...
  • Batch/cmd: 50% TODO - Its intended this way and even prepared for it already. (base.cmd is there, functionality to embed in .cmd already in build script)
  • Drag &drop: TODO
  • Take workdir from CLI arg: Works.
  • UnRen in base dir/game dir: Works.
Thanks for the Program

I want to make a suggestion for the next version. That the program inserts the "HIDE" button on the screen that many developers do not usually put.
You're welcome.
About your idea with the hide button:
I thought its easy and will be like adding the other renpy cfg options we have in unren... Like it's a permanent function we need just to activate. So i thought, but no. I needed to look this actually in the docs up, search the net, found nothing and ask the renpy main dev in the end...

The code for it:
  1. Must be written in the right renpy file. (screens.rpy)
  2. There, in the correct function. (screen quick_menu())
  3. In there at the right position.
I thought this is simple. Yeah. Sooooooo funny. o_O
Merde.

On top of it i will need to decide where in the fraking quick menu i position the button. There are so many possibility's...ergh. :LUL:
... why some of the code doesn't decompile - I have no idea.
I guess encoding to ASCII is the problem, but i could also be wrong with this.
I remember as i try'd this last year i put it trough the 2to3 module and compared then before/after to understand what differences actually are there. I think you missed some and i do not understand why you not changed the shebang to python 3? Thats the first i would do... I replaced also all printf style format.

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
creedgeezer taki :::
There are like 20 possible error reasons... How the heck should we find perhaps out, if you do NOT tell us stuff like which RenPy version the game you did try to work on runs or which target game (name) or which UnRen version you used?
Please add more infos.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I guess encoding to ASCII is the problem, but i could also be wrong with this.
I remember as i try'd this last year i put it trough the 2to3 module and compared then before/after to understand what differences actually are there. I think you missed some and i do not understand why you not changed the shebang to python 3? Thats the first i would do... I replaced also all printf style format.
I would leave out byte encoding, but this creates byte names for the object's attributes - byte names. :WutFace: And how to refer to them, especially if they are also a list type, I have no idea.:HideThePain: I did utf-8 encoding, everything remains in the same form, part of the code disappears. I know roughly why: if the code in the new block starts with "textbutton" or "window" and possibly other similar reserved words(mostly, most likely, belonging to RenPy), then in the"key" - "value" pair, None is returned instead of the key. Well, in some cases, it definitely appears, because I had to face this key for some reason and try to bypass it for a certain reason.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the Program

I want to make a suggestion for the next version. That the program inserts the "HIDE" button on the screen that many developers do not usually put.
What I usually do is go to a game that has it and copy code from the screens.rpy and paste it in the game that doesn't. It should work fine unless they messed with the keymap in which case you might have to find where they fiddled with that as well.

BobN290

Sep 5, 2019
How do you see the variables that are in place? If I'm playing a game and I want to see what my relationship points are with a character, what command would I use? Thanks!

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes