• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Ren'Py UnRen for MacOS and Linux v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ashocatanouu

Feb 6, 2022
Here is the latest update, version 1.0.9.9. I have named it this based on the 1.0.9 from UnRen.bat, and the .9 from UnRen-Ultrahack. Version numbers will follow this scheme going forward as I am simply making a working script for Linux. The actual software that does the work, UnRpyc and Rpatool, is being maintained by others and gathered from those existing scripts.

UnRen.bat - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler: f95zone.to/threads/3083

UnRen-old, UnRen-Ultrahack, UnRen Windowed, UnRen-Powershellhack: f95zone.to/threads/92717

Before I post a new thread I am providing it here for others to use first.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

, or attached.

If no issues, I will make a new thread for changes going forward.
great work i need in beta phases in the in-house development translation team as main leader every 2 weeks unren to unpack the rpa files and then update the tl files for the translation teams.
so far I've used unren.command for linux under manjaro that worked great so far.
yours is a masterpiece it works just like it did under windows back then i like it the only thing missing now is the drag and drop function (drag folder into terminal enter selection finished running) then you don't always have to cut out the file and move it over to the new version but puts the sh file in the renpy directory and starts it from there again and again.

Dec 10, 2018
EDIT: Fix miss -quote on Quicksave n Quickload key
======
Here is an updated UnRen for Mac and also works for Linux. Based on the latest UnRen-ultrahackv10.

View attachment 2119057

Getting this error running on Mac OS 13.1

Tried a couple other games and also getting some different errors. One for incorrect "signal indication"

I have long been looking for a new UnRen to use on mac after python 2 stopped being supported and homebrew made it very annoying to install again. Just couldn't get the old version running.

Let me know if there's any other I can give that might help trouble shoot...

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Getting this error running on Mac OS 13.1

Tried a couple other games and also getting some different errors. One for incorrect "signal indication"

I have long been looking for a new UnRen to use on mac after python 2 stopped being supported and homebrew made it very annoying to install again. Just couldn't get the old version running.

Let me know if there's any other I can give that might help trouble shoot...
Can you please tell me you shell type? on terminal : echo $SHELL

I'm at work :LOL: can't update the script right now, but if you willing to try, edit the UnRen script file with TextEdit, i.e. Right click on the file and select open with TextEdit.

When it opened choose "Edit" > "Find" > "Find & Replace" from menu, and then insert these texts on the rows:
(top) base64 --decode --
(bottom) base64 --decode
click "All" and safe the file. and try running the script again.

Or you can wait, I'm going to update the scripts later tonight, for updating to unren-ultrahackv12.

Reactions: RoughlySpecific
Dec 10, 2018
Can you please tell me you shell type? on terminal : echo $SHELL

I'm at work :LOL: can't update the script right now, but if you willing to try, edit the UnRen script file with TextEdit, i.e. Right click on the file and select open with TextEdit.

When it opened choose "Edit" > "Find" > "Find & Replace" from menu, and then insert these texts on the rows:
(top) base64 --decode --
(bottom) base64 --decode
click "All" and safe the file. and try running the script again.

Or you can wait, I'm going to update the scripts later tonight, for updating to unren-ultrahackv12.
I use Zshell on my Mac. I'll try making those changes, thanks!

EDIT: Making those changes fixed it for me! Thank you so much for updating this script. I had been meaning to take some of my free time after work to start looking into converting the script but never got around to it. Appreciate it!

Reactions: RoughlySpecific

Kijuz

Jan 29, 2021
I'm having the same issue after moving to a new distro. How did you end up fixing this?
That is an old version, it has been updated by dikau, but as they are not the thread creator (that is goobdoob, last seen May 15, 2022) it has not been posted.

You can get the lastest here:

Mac:
Linux:

Codeberg Git:

dikau, might be a good idea if you can't get the thread updated to make a new thread you can maintain.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
That is an old version, it has been updated by dikau, but as they are not the thread creator (that is goobdoob, last seen May 15, 2022) it has not been posted.

You can get the lastest here:

Mac:
Linux:

Codeberg Git:

dikau, might be a good idea if you can't get the thread updated to make a new thread you can maintain.
I already updated my post last night for that v15... yeah I should've made a new post when there's a new update so it will get notification.
About a new thread, so... I'm kind of a lazy bastard :LOL:, and not really wanted to mantains a thread. But I'll try my best to troubleshoot here if there's any problem that can be troubleshoot-ed ... at least until goobdoob updates again.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
For games/animations/comics, you can ask the mods to update by reporting the first post with a link to the update. Does the same principle apply here?

Kijuz

Jan 29, 2021
For games/animations/comics, you can ask the mods to update by reporting the first post with a link to the update. Does the same principle apply here?
Done.

We will see if they can do the same as with games. Otherwise, dikau are you ok with me making a new thread? I don't mind doing it, might make it easier in the long run.

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
Mac user here. Technologically incompetent. Seeking help.

I used to be able to extract RPA packages for Windows-based games in addition to Mac-based games using this tool. It was great to be able to access images and videos from games that I couldn't actually run. However, it no longer works with Window-based games. It says "Can't determined Ren'Py game or not. Exiting..." Any idea why this is suddenly the case and how to fix it?

dikau

Dec 16, 2019

I used to be able to extract RPA packages for Windows-based games in addition to Mac-based games using this tool. It was great to be able to access images and videos from games that I couldn't actually run. However, it no longer works with Window-based games. It says "Can't determined Ren'Py game or not. Exiting..." Any idea why this is suddenly the case and how to fix it?
Did you mean, You are on macOS but you want to unren games using Windows (PC/Linux) source files?
Currently my fork of UnRen can't handle that, but let me check what I can do and wait for an update.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019

Sorry can't be done. I'm using modified rpatool that uses python version that shipped with the game.
I tried to change it with the official rpatool, so we can uses our system's python, but some games can't be unpacked...

I suggest you build the game distribution first to macOS (using Ren'Py SDK) and then use the UnRen to unpack it.
For how to build distribution for macOS, see: this thread
But, to avoid possible error, DON'T download the latest SDK version, but you must download the version that comes with the game. The version can be found in the file "game/script_version.txt"
here's a link for all released SDK:

Last edited:
Reactions: toobad0912

felipons

Fluffy, The Destroyer of Worlds
Modder
Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Hello, I've been having problems decompiling some code with this, as I didn't want to download windows to use the UnRen for windows that is being maintained, I updated both rpatool and unrpyc, with that I was able to decompile without problems.

PS.: You need Python3 more specifically python 3.8 or newer.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote