3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

BlueBrainZero

Aug 13, 2020
I press F to pay respect fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

AnonymousFel

Mar 10, 2020
*sigh*

Why is it that the most promising games almost always are the ones that get abandoned? (either by being cancelled or because the dev vanishes from existance)

PaganWarlord

Jan 5, 2019
*sigh*

Why is it that the most promising games almost always are the ones that get abandoned? (either by being cancelled or because the dev vanishes from existance)
Because the reality is that to create a great game it takes more than a great idea and a lot of creativity and passion, and more to the point, a LOT more work than people realize when they take it upon themselves to try and make one.

While I am a software developer, not a game developer, I imagine the same principle applies where it takes about 20% of the development time to make something that mostly works and the remaining 80% of the time to mold and polish it so it works as envisioned, or as client thinks he wants it in my case. The sad part is, when you are at the 20%-60% and you might think you are almost done, for a independent developer with little to no experience in project management it can seem like the goal post runs away from you as the project progresses and it is a damn depressing time when your effort doesn't translate to any major gains.

EDIT: I forgot the point of what i was writing lol. The bottom line is - the more ambitious the project the more hidden work is needed to finish it, and you know how the rest of the story goes.

Last edited:

AnonymousFel

Mar 10, 2020
Because the reality is that to create a great game it takes more than a great idea and a lot of creativity and passion, and more to the point, a LOT more work than people realize when they take it upon themselves to try and make one.

While I am a software developer, not a game developer, I imagine the same principle applies where it takes about 20% of the development time to make something that mostly works and the remaining 80% of the time to mold and polish it so it works as envisioned, or as client thinks he wants it in my case. The sad part is, when you are at the 20%-60% and you might think you are almost done, for a independent developer with little to no experience in project management it can seem like the goal post runs away from you as the project progresses and it is a damn depressing time when your effort doesn't translate to any major gains.

EDIT: I forgot the point of what i was writing lol. The bottom line is - the more ambitious the project the more hidden work is needed to finish it, and you know how the rest of the story goes.
That was a rhetorical question, but thanks for the answer anyway. I feel like I understand things a little better.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
looking at all the comments nobody knows any cheat codes for console?ive discovered a few using online editor
also not sure what im missing here or how to get it (unless of course someone knows as i mentioned CHEATS)

im confused a bit doesnt seem to be an option for me to breed so if i get it right we dont get to fuck anything??

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Lurkin23

May 15, 2021
Don't know if anyone mentioned this to the Dev, or even if the Dev recieves notifications from this thread anymore... but it's Renpy right? Instead of thinking he needs to do the same scene 9000+ times for each of the possible combinations, why didn't he do layering?

The Fixer for each scene instead of doing one for every variation in the game, it's one scene but skin tone, eyes, hair, bust, areolae, outfit, outfit coloration, jewelry, makeup, bodily fluids etc are all layered... it may be hundreds of combinations, but regardless which combination the player picks, the Dev only has to do the art for each piece once. In fact, iirc, Sam_Tail is trying to get it to work for custom colors as well. It's done so well that you'd think each scene is individually crafted, instead of a composite made with many pieces coming together and working in unison like a band, or symphony. Doing it this way allows Sam_Tail to work on things without being bogged down doing the art for each scene for months at a time. The only exception to this is an optional story line mission, but you can go back to full custom after.

Even if this info doesn't renew interest in the Dev to continue this project, maybe it'll help someone else who considered making a game, but the thought of having to do each scene for every possible combination available seems too daunting or overwhelming. So, dear potenial game/VN Dev reading my post, RenPy allows layering. Though nude, shirt1, and shirt2 will require 3 art works, you'll only need to do the body once. When you do shorts1, you only will need to do one art work, instead of doing the scene 3 times. Again, when you do miniskirt1 you'll only need to do one more artwork instead of having to do the entire scene 3 times (nude, with shirt1, with shirt2). This will allow you to increase the level of complexity of each scene while only adding a minimal amount of work per new addition instead of an exponential workload. So if you wanted to do a scene in a different position, you'll only need to do 5 art pieces instead of 9 entire scenes. Not only will this save on workload, but also upload/download size as well.

I know people don't like the Darks Arts practiced on forum threads, but it needed to be said.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 6 Votes