Ren'Py Untitled Project, looking for feedback!

Cult of Keith

Mar 13, 2023
Hey everyone!
I've been casually working on a renpy game for a while now and I'm finally at the point where I feel like I have something worth sharing. I'm interested in getting as much feedback as I can before I start locking things in and committing fully.

This is my vision for the final product (for now):
  • Sandbox dating sim, the player chooses which girls to pursue and which to ignore.

• Little to no grind, just pick the girls you like and keep progressing with them. Still haven't completely decided on progression and balancing.

• Main girls: These are the backbone of the game. They will have longer storylines where the player slowly develops their storyline with them. Each girl will have multiple date locations with location specific interactions that unlock over time. I'm aiming for diversity when it comes to looks and personalities, and at the moment I'm planning for some of the girls to have minor story branching where you can pursue/avoid certain kinks and fetishes. These girls will get the most content by far, but it might take a while to get to that point. So to avoid doing several updates without any of the good stuff, I'm also going to include -

• Side girls: These are minor characters that won't get any dating elements or longer storylines. They'll get a few short scenes before deciding that their clothes are in the way. How much content each of them is going to have is something I still haven't decided on.

While Daz reigns supreme in the adult games industry, I've decided to try using VaM for my game instead. The reason for this is that while Daz is the king of static renders, VaM can also look pretty good in the right hands. I also think VaM is better at mass producing high quality animations that don't come off as stiff and awkward, which Daz animations do in a lot of cases. VaM also shines when it comes to soft body physics. It's always bothered me how things never bounce and react the way you'd expect them to in Daz animations, but that might just be me.
VaM will also allow me to produce content at a fast pace, since there is no need to worry about render time, botched renders and ques.

I'm also hoping to shine a light on the incredible VaM community and the talented people who keep producing amazing assets, both free and premium.

Below, I've included some renders that will (probably) be part of 0.1, as well as a few WiP animations that definitely won't be, but that I've included anyways to show what I'm working on for future updates. There will be other animations in the first release, but I don't want to spoil anything in case anyone actually decides to play this :)

r1.png

r2.png

r3.png

a1.gif

a2.gif

a3.gif

I'm looking for any and all feedback. Is this a game you'd be even remotely interested in, or would it be a waste of a Patreon account?

Do you like non-grindy sandboxes where can choose what to focus on, or do you prefer a more curated VN style?

Does VaM look good or would you prefer something similar made with Daz?

If everything goes as planned and the general census isn't that this is worthless, I'm hoping to have the first release ready some time next month.

Thank you for your time!

Here are some other models that won't be part of the first release. I'm aiming diversity when it comes to looks and personalities, so please let me know what kind of girls you like to see in these games!

c1.png

c2.png

Last edited:

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Are you planning to monotize the game? If so seems like a hassle if you are going to use Vam considering how much stuff is usermade. If not, yeah game looks good, especially that BJ; and with Vam you'd be able to pop those out pretty easy.

Cult of Keith

Mar 13, 2023
Are you planning to monotize the game? If so seems like a hassle if you are going to use Vam considering how much stuff is usermade. If not, yeah game looks good, especially that BJ; and with Vam you'd be able to pop those out pretty easy.
I haven't really thought too much about monetization, as it's been a passion project so far. Obviously, I'd like to set up a Patreon to allow me to spend more time on the game eventually, but the game itself is going to be free.

But even if someone were to monetize a game made with VaM, I'm not sure I see a difference between buying/downloading assets in VaM and doing the same thing in Daz. Maybe my primate brain is missing something :unsure:

CigarRex

Truly, the Rex of all Cigars...
Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Finally got decided on a main menu and I'm using it as a shameless bump.

View attachment 2483721

Not too distracting or anything?
No way, I just bumped my thread with an update too XD

Looks great! Main menus can get a little flair from animations if you think it grabs attention.

You could look into other fonts, too. There's nothing wrong with the standard Ren'Py one, but sometimes a simple change like this already makes you stand out from the rest. I felt the difference was night and day, when I got new fonts for my own game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cult of Keith

Cult of Keith

Mar 13, 2023
No way, I just bumped my thread with an update too XD

Looks great! Main menus can get a little flair from animations if you think it grabs attention.

You could look into other fonts, too. There's nothing wrong with the standard Ren'Py one, but sometimes a simple change like this already makes you stand out from the rest. I felt the difference was night and day, when I got new fonts for my own game.
Thanks, I hope your game is coming together nicely as well!

Deciding on a font has been on my to-do list for weeks, making me feel dread every time I scroll past it. I don't normally have commitment issues, but the thought of picking a font and sticking with it makes me want to jump out the nearest window :HideThePain:

I'll leave it as a problem for future me to solve!

• Red Heart
Reactions: CigarRex

CigarRex

Truly, the Rex of all Cigars...
Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Thanks, I hope you're game is coming together nicely as well!

Deciding on a font has been on my to-do list for weeks, making me feel dread every time I scroll past it. I don't normally have commitment issues, but the thought of picking a font and sticking with it makes me want to jump out the nearest window :HideThePain:

I'll leave it as a problem for future me to solve!
Yeah, choosing a font can be a pain in the ass. Look out for those websites that share free fonts if you haven't already (but make sure to check whatever copyright bs they fall under)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cult of Keith

Cult of Keith

Mar 13, 2023
Yeah, choosing a font can be a pain in the ass. Look out for those websites that share free fonts if you haven't already (but make sure to check whatever copyright bs they fall under)
Until this very moment, I lived in a world where I didn't think fonts could be copyrighted. Somehow the world seems like a darker place now.

• Sad
Reactions: CigarRex